Some Human Problems

Guest die Doktor

Guest die Doktor

I was playing on one map or another, when the thought came to me... How IS It THAT THESE PEOPLE(tank,takeo,richtofen, and Nikolai) can stay awake and functional with NO sleep, as well as no food and no normal water. Sure maybe teleporting can help and the perks too but these guys go on for HOURS! Perhaps im looking to far in but there are some serious problems! :x

Guest HammerFace

its a game about zombies, we've been to the moon. get over these little details.

also takeo dempsey and nikolai are apparently super soldiers(check my facts)

and richtofen is crazy. he doesn't need sleep or food!

Guest Black Wolf

Gameplay storyline segregation. The problem stems from, and is dependent upon, the notion that what we the players see is all there is. Generally, this is false or else they would have all died at the end of the first map they appeared in, since the game is endless. We don't teleport out at the end of each map or get a concluding cutscene of such. For instance, consider that there is no teleporter (that I recall?) in Shi no Numa, but I'm fairly certain that the trailer for Der Riese has them teleporting there. The only logical conclusion is that they somehow found a teleporter-- we just weren't there to see it.

Furthermore, if we operate off the assumption that the zombies are (generally/somewhat) controlled by by the entity within the pyramid (for the purpose of this discussion, Samantha), then that's a factor as well. Despite being physically frozen by the device, she seems quite sentient and aware of what's going on. Even if you conclude that she is in the Aether, you have to leave room for the fact that she is in some way still attached to her body-- otherwise Richtofen's plan on Moon would have failed. Even if we accept that she does not need food due to her state of preservation, it's entirely possible that the mental efforts in summoning, controlling, perhaps even creating zombies is exhausting. Perhaps Sam rests. Perhaps she gets bored with her game from time to time. Perhaps there are breaks in the attacks during such occurrences. One possible bit of evidence for this is Takeo's mention of Dempsey "wake[ing] up in a new world everyday," from Ascension. You have to sleep to wake up, yes?

Really, this same question can be asked of most games. Characters eat, sleep, and do other things-- there's just no need for the player to be a part of it. A game of flush the toilet and wash your hands would be pretty dull.

Guest killallzombies

[brains]

Gameplay storyline segregation. The problem stems from, and is dependent upon, the notion that what we the players see is all there is. Generally, this is false or else they would have all died at the end of the first map they appeared in, since the game is endless. We don't teleport out at the end of each map or get a concluding cutscene of such. For instance, consider that there is no teleporter (that I recall?) in Shi no Numa, but I'm fairly certain that the trailer for Der Riese has them teleporting there. The only logical conclusion is that they somehow found a teleporter-- we just weren't there to see it.

Furthermore, if we operate off the assumption that the zombies are (generally/somewhat) controlled by by the entity within the pyramid (for the purpose of this discussion, Samantha), then that's a factor as well. Despite being physically frozen by the device, she seems quite sentient and aware of what's going on. Even if you conclude that she is in the Aether, you have to leave room for the fact that she is in some way still attached to her body-- otherwise Richtofen's plan on Moon would have failed. Even if we accept that she does not need food due to her state of preservation, it's entirely possible that the mental efforts in summoning, controlling, perhaps even creating zombies is exhausting. Perhaps Sam rests. Perhaps she gets bored with her game from time to time. Perhaps there are breaks in the attacks during such occurrences. One possible bit of evidence for this is Takeo's mention of Dempsey "wake[ing] up in a new world everyday," from Ascension. You have to sleep to wake up, yes?

Really, this same question can be asked of most games. Characters eat, sleep, and do other things-- there's just no need for the player to be a part of it. A game of flush the toilet and wash your hands would be pretty dull.

Guest yellow-card8

Well the perks give them some sort of energy, like speed cola gets them hyped up, and you can't forget that these guys were soldiers

Regards Yellow-card8

Guest die Doktor

Okay thanks, I see what you mean. it would really suck if every couple rounds you had to fight to go to the restroom. or eat, or sleep and everyone else had to watch over you. :lol:

Guest Shoreyo

Do notice that Nick has vodka, the others could possibly have food, also the fact that not all maps are set exactly after eachother, i.e. they travel to area 51, not teleport, so it could be that hthey had food on the way.

Guest Royal Gambit

man that sounds AWESOME.... [brains] [brains] [brains]

im smiling at the fact i know what half the big words mean :D

Guest Shoreyo

I wish the people posting theories would think of this... man, always there are theories based around how 115 causes superhuman powers and simmilar (you know; regen health, no need for food sleep... :facepalm: )

Guest Der atzi

Okay thanks, I see what you mean. it would really suck if every couple rounds you had to fight to go to the restroom. or eat, or sleep and everyone else had to watch over you. :lol:[/quote:33u9z7wv]

Hahaha that's funny, but you do know the doctor in German is der artz, it wouldn't let me take it as a user name so I misspelled it

• 5 months later...

Actually, they do sleep. As Takeo says in Ascension:

"I think Dempsey is like a ghost, he wake up in new world everyday."

There is more to the quote, but it just talks about his memory loss, so as you can see there, they actually sleep every night.