Playing with randoms; COTD vs. Moon

COTD and Moon are easily the worst maps for playing with randoms in my opinion, their lack of knowledge or simple ignorance constantly putting you in danger.

On Call of the Dead, you have the guys that constantly attack George mid-round with inadequate weapons, i.e. they're wasting their time and ammo and, because George's yelling stuns you, they put other players, especially those running running small-area trains, in danger.

On Moon, you have the guys that blow out the windows in the Receiving Bay and the Labs even after you tell them not to throw grenades before the round even starts and tell them why.

You also have the guys that wanna play Rambo and try and point-whore on NML, which never seems to work for them and they go down, which potentially ruins the game before it's even started.

And of course with both maps you face the same old problems that these people cause on every map you play.

What do you think is worse to play on with randoms, COTD or Moon? I'll also add other maps to the poll in case your opinion differs.

I personally think Moon; you can't really stop them from screwing things up on Moon, but at least on COTD you can grab the VR-11 as a Mule Kick, PaP it and just make George go away whenever he reappears... still a pain in the ass though as you seem to have to do it every time you play the map. Not to mentioned I've been raged at several times for doing it :lol: I'm a fan of getting free perks off of Romero, but at the end of a round with a crawler lurking around, not right in the middle of a round. If they ain't gonna do it properly then I'll put a stop to it ;)

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree on COTD, pretty annoying, that people hit George mid round. But I can live with it.

Shangri La is terrible for Pap, even more terrible than Moon. But at least, you can get your Jug.

In Moon, it's just a huge problem, that people often don't wanna go tele. They have just 400 Points and wanna wait one more round. But then they will have hit the box another 3 times and still have 200 points and say "next round". And then, everybody dies at 10.

And the winner is: Kino der Toten.

I only meet Noobs and Newbies there. Only. Lobby Leaderboard is very often like 6-12-21. I think it's because it's no DLC and freely availble, so there is a ton of guys that are no real zombie players. They steal your kills, mess your train, go down all the time... Ridiculous. In the DLC Maps, I got way better chances of having people that can at least play a bit normal.

Guest way2g00

Freaking Moon, i cant even get juggernaut without them, that's ridiculous. Generally when I play I try not to bug people in game unless they are my good friends.

Guest xFaTaLx RaMpAgE

I agree on COTD, pretty annoying, that people hit George mid round. But I can live with it.

Shangri La is terrible for Pap, even more terrible than Moon. But at least, you can get your Jug.

In Moon, it's just a huge problem, that people often don't wanna go tele. They have just 400 Points and wanna wait one more round. But then they will have hit the box another 3 times and still have 200 points and say "next round". And then, everybody dies at 10.

And the winner is: Kino der Toten.

I only meet Noobs and Newbies there. Only. Lobby Leaderboard is very often like 6-12-21. I think it's because it's no DLC and freely availble, so there is a ton of guys that are no real zombie players. They steal your kills, mess your train, go down all the time... Ridiculous. In the DLC Maps, I got way better chances of having people that can at least play a bit normal.

If you are looking at it that way, then FIVE is five times as bad. I have NEVER seen anyone over 20 in the lobby leaderboards. Most of the time people are under round 10, because like kino tons of noobs play it. Most games I've played with randoms there don't make it past 10, because people can't handle themselves and I end up alone with no jug on one of the hardest maps.

Guest perfectlemonade

Definitely Moon, then Shangri La, and lastly COTD, with Ascension being a close fourth.

On Moon, it's NML that gets me every time. 1/2 my games, we don't even get past round 1.

I have yet to PaP on Shangri La in a random game.

Can't tell you how many times I've died when I've literally been on the other side of the map (like, they were whoring the box on the far ship, and I was running the spawn, when George comes their way and they unload their Spectres on him, so we all get stunned and everyone dies. It's BS. I hate that map.

And as for Ascension, it's the damn monkeys. I always cover Mule Kick and Speed, and I've downed myself with Mustang and Sally because the guy with the Thundergun can't handle the monkeys taking Flopper. Smh. RAAAAAH.

Guest Ehjookayted

Shangri-La for one reason: PaP. Sure, you can get Jugg and such, even the JGB. But it can't save you from certain. Only the Mustang and Sally can do that, or the Awful Lawton. What do both have in common? They require PaP.

Sure, Moon is rather difficult, but it is large, full of open spaces and such. The Wave Gun is a life saver, and getting PhD is nice for the Bio Dome where it is so hard to die, even without Juggernog.

Shangri-La is just very tight things can get hectic in a random lobby. It's best to have your panic pistols with you. As far as Moon goes, I wish Juggernog was easily accessible, but remember this my friends: if your random bad players die out, you can go teleport to earth!

In Shangri-La, if you don't have all the players required, you can't PaP. Simple as that.

Guest Superhands

Some really good points here about other maps too. Kino and FIVE, people just have no clue how to play and they just run around the map like headless chickens, running into big groups of zombies (my train for example) going down over and over again. The thing with FIVE is though that you can get the PaP room open and get the team to camp in there, they just might be co-operative enough to do that, especially if they generally don't know what they're doing and you tell them it's a safe strategy. I just leave them in there while I run a train outside. You might get the guy that wants to come out of the room... run your train into him to down him and let him know it was a bad move :lol:

But with Kino, you can't tell them to go and run in a certain place because they don't know how, and you can't get them to camp anywhere since they insist on opening every single damn door so they can go the quick way to the box.

I've always been quite lucky with Shangri-La when it comes to getting people to PaP. Maybe have something to do with me saying 'think I might leave the game then...' when people refuse to do it :lol:

Guest ChopperNator

Tough choice....Shang wins for me though. I can deal with Moon and COTD idiots. George being pissed off doesn't usually affect me too much, I can jump before the screen shake and M&S really makes the difference.

Moon.....as long as I can buy flopper I can pretty safely run around the bio dome without Juggs, using the pads to escape real trouble. Hopefully all the idiots die and if I'm the only one left I'm going to either buy Juggs or burn speed. Rinse and repeat until I have M&S too.

But on Shang I need my M&S, and you need a fully co-operating team.

Kino I just hide in the alley now. Most games the back door of the stage is shut so I only need to worry about people coming from doubletap. I have M&S for when this occurs.

Five. I have never ever played a random game on there.

Ascension. I protect Flopper that's it. If I lose Juggs I'm still unlikely to die with my M&S, standing on the lander platform there I can see Monkeys coming for miles. If all my team die all the monkeys are coming to me and I can lead the last one to Juggs.

Guest TuUhmazyn

I'd vote for Moon because of all the trolling aspects of it.

Hey look breakable windows in the receiving bay, Labs. Trolol

Hey look everyone needs me to teleport and one of them has hacker. Trolol

Hey look I have the hacker and the biome is being excavated. Trolol

Hey look I can hack a max ammo into a fire sale. Trolol

Hey look an astronaught is going to take my partners perk. Shhhhhh.

Troll heaven I'd say.

Moon:

1: Wannabe Rambos, Especially those damn kids, ''Oh I can run in circles cuz I'm good!'' He ends up getting downed and I try to keep the rest of the guys alive by running the damn kid's train away until he bleeds out and I yell '' I'm going to lead his train away and I'll get on the teleporter when he bleeds out!'' What do I see, a guy doing the same thing with a train of zombies running towards MY direction and ultimately getting us BOTH downed :facepalm: . Sure I survive most of them but it just pisses me off when they don't listen.

2: Box whores, damn I hate these people. You want to go get juggernog while they have no points because they keep hitting the box. I sometimes give them points if we have enough for us to get jug and do you know what happens? They go hit the box :facepalm: . So you know what I do? Make em rage quit by getting them down and not reviving them OR if I'm the last one alive, I just leave the game. :twisted:

So yes moon IS the most annoying map to play with randoms in my opinion.

Guest TroubledTurkey

I played Moon with Random players ONCE, then never again. Same goes for Shangri-La... On CotD, I am usually the person who is messing with George, so I dont have a problem with that Lol. (though I dont repeatedly make him Mad, I make him mad once and keep him mad for a while)

Moon is pretty bad with Randoms, just because of the Teleporter. other than that, who cares? Once you have PaP and Jugg, you can survive for a good long while.

Shangri-La is just a pain when it comes to upgrading, but I can deal with it, since I have Jugg.

I voted Moon. You HAVE to have good friends playing to even hope to have a 30-40+ run on Moon, or be flying Solo, or let your partners die when they dont listen.

Guest TroubledTurkey

My best game online on moon WAS with Randoms. It was me, a close homie, and 2 randoms. The randoms died in area 51 and my friend and I got Jugg. They Rage quit, and we went on past 30 with little trouble.

Guest way2g00

I made it close to round 40 with randoms with highest points and headshots I ever had and they rage quit because one of them asked the other to leave the xbox on. What a douche!

Here is the video...

[youtube:211vuvwt]5--Lgy_SBhE[/youtube:211vuvwt]

Guest way2g00

My best game online on moon WAS with Randoms. It was me, a close homie, and 2 randoms. The randoms died in area 51 and my friend and I got Jugg. They Rage quit, and we went on past 30 with little trouble.

If they rage quit then how is it with randoms, it means you played with your friend.

Guest TroubledTurkey

I meant it started with Randoms. Its just a technicality.

Anyway, Moon is just a bad map for randoms, unless you are lucky. Meeting bad players isnt as big of a deal on the older maps, because if you are good, you can handle lowsy players. The farthest I am willing to go dragging my team along is 20. If by 20 I still have 3 teammates constantly going down and not really contributing at all, I will just quit and let them figure it out themselves.

I think Five is the funnest map with random people. If they are good, you dont have to worry, and if they are bad, Five is an intense map for reviving missions.

Guest way2g00

Yep, I only see a problem with randoms when they are doing good and they actually leave me with "host ended game". I don't mind if they suck, I will just think of it as a chill game. But if you can rely on some one through out the game that happens to be random and they quit on you that's a slap to your face.

Guest TroubledTurkey

Time can be another factor. I have quit mid-game many-a-time just because someone I was planning to play with before shows up and invites me to a game. I'll send a message saying "My bad' or some Sht, but I wont really feel bad about it. I got nothing against the randoms, I would just rather play with someone I know I play well with. I can fly solo in a Co-Op game, its usually what I do with randoms, but with close friends theres like an unspoken cooperation that you cant get with randoms.

Guest aegisknight

I vote FIVE.

Yes, its nearly impossible to rock out very hard on Moon with randoms because you can't get your jug, but if you're good you can sometimes wait for them to bleed out and just get it yourself. Not often, but its an option.

COTD is probably my favorite map to play with randoms because there are plenty of places to go without getting screwed over by their incompetence. Yes, hitting George mid-round is annoying, but I can live with it.

FIVE, however, is simply deadly if you don't have cooperation from your peers. The area is too small, and just one person not following the plan fairly early gets everyone killed almost instantly. This is also a problem on Moon, but you at least you go down right away because of the idiots until waiting until round 4 or 5 for them to get you killed.

Guest Supremacia

I'll have to opt for COTD over Moon purely because I play the former a lot more. Constantly shooting George with their default pistol, which of course causes him to rage and stun everybody - which is how I've died a few times. They won't open any doors to the power/jugg either. They'll just go straight to the box and waste their points.

On Moon I concede it is even worse, which is why I don't play it at all really. As others have already mentioned, so many games where everyone wants to tele to NML, except that one guy whose only got 2,000 points or so, and refuses to activate the teleporter. Where more often than not, it's game over the following round... Or the ramboresque character who downs in NML... Fuck it, I should've voted for Moon.

Guest Superhands

I see FIVE and Shangri-La are also popular choices. I've never had too many problems with randoms on Shangri, but on FIVE just getting the game going can be such a pain in the ass if people don't co-operate. If we make it that far I get Jugg right away, then try and get either a Winter's Howl or a Crossbow so I can save my own ass if I get in a sticky situation because of someone else. But overall, co-operation is key in games on FIVE, and a lot of randomers simply refuse to co-operate or just don't speak English.