The Future of Zombies after black ops

With the recent release of MW3, then the chances are, black ops will like all other cods before it, become a distant memory. But zombies as always live on, and the question I ask is what would you like to see in the next zombie game, personally I want a more interactive storyline, a rpg style survival game. Now before you all start complaining this would ruin the experience, I think it would inject a little of that spark zombies needed, for me once we got to the moon I lost the enjoyment of the storyline, the realism of it got me hooked, with Verruckt, Shi No Numa and Der Riese in my opinion being more believable, and if it had been just area 51 then I may have enjoyed it more. Don't get wrong, I enjoyed the Moon, but not as much as Der Riese or Shi No Numa. Also a map without the PaP would be have been a nice twist but anyway Im going to get to my point...

A rpg would allow us to be anywhere on earth, and if its after the 115 missiles left Earth a wasteland then thats even better. Imagine being able to make your own character, and having your own weaponry, obviously ammo would be scarce and you folllow the storyline anyway you liked, helping or hindering richtofen. But imagine the level design, it would be brilliant.

I did enjoy the round aspects of Cod Zombies but it can become too repetitive, the A.I in some cases need to be enhanced to shake things up a little. You can keep most of other aspects of zombies, but one more thing you should at some point be able construct your own weapon (possibly), I on the official board saw some brilliant weapon designs that could be used.

And thats my suggestion, I rambled a bit I admit but its what I think could happen if Treyarch put their minds to it... its their choice though, and I cant gurantee any of you will agree, but its just an idea. Develop, destroy its in your hands now.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am hoping for a leveling up system somewhat like mw3 survival, but better :P

I agree that the older maps and even Kino were better maps and more "believeable". I prefer maps that are hard because of a tight layout with lots of windows, rather than dying because of some gimic like the Astronaut on Moon or ...George. :facepalm:

Guest Taco Hunter

I agree that the older maps and even Kino were better maps and more "believeable". I prefer maps that are hard because of a tight layout with lots of windows, rather than dying because of some gimic like the Astronaut on Moon or ...George. :facepalm:

so so true, moon has to be the worst map. and the muffled sound makes it blow even more

Guest i am richtofen

Believable ? I am sorry but where can i buy a soda that makes me do a explosive belly flop ? a level system in my opinion is just a awful idea (no offense legacy). Why should some one who has more time to play then me get better weapons/perks/some type of advantage ?

Now the whole make your own character RPG type thing would be kinda cool but very doubtful to happen now. Treyarch has invested way to much time in character development for them to let the player make there own character now. Some thing I noticed a lot of people don't understand is that zombies is a very liner game.

Treyarch already has the main story planed out. They just make some adjustments along the way to what the community says/wants but the main idea stays the same I would imagine. I am pretty sure they were planing Richtofen taking control of the zombies for a LONG time.

A rpg would allow us to be anywhere on earth, and if its after the 115 missiles left Earth a wasteland then thats even better. Imagine being able to make your own character, and having your own weaponry, obviously ammo would be scarce and you folllow the storyline anyway you liked, helping or hindering richtofen.

I am sorry but that sounds a lot like Fallout but just zombie style. Zombies is zombies. Mutiplayer is mutiplayer. A RPG is a RPG. If you ask me zombies should stick to the same style but toss in more map changers. The excavators were a great idea by Treyarch and making some thing that could cut us off from a part of the map in my opinion was a great idea by Treyarch. The easter egg having more of a effect on the map would be a nice touch to. But like you said beefing up the AI would also be pretty nice.

All and all I say Treyarch should just keep adding new toys for us to play with and new challenges for us to rage it! The story ended with a huge cliffhanger on moon and I can not wait to see what is gonna happen to Dempsey and gang now. I predict bigger easter eggs in future maps and hopefully a lot more ways to get in trouble to force the player out of there cozy zone.

Guest DEFCON 1

I want Character skins. Four Horsemen of the apocalypse = FTW

But seriously I wouldn't mind a leveling system as long as the Upgrades are strictly minimalistic, Like at level 40 you'd be doing 2% extra damage then you normally would, everything is 5% cheaper and you can have weapon camo's ( So what if it's a zombie apocalypse, that doesn't mean you can't personalize a bit).

Guest killallzombies

they mean belivable as in.....its so good you belives its real

cause of course zombies arn't real and 935's not real and blah blah naw dip its not real,thats not what he's getting at but everything else you said was true :brain:

how can people hate moon??? it added some great stuff. hacker is the best thing ever!!! now someone who is having bad luck with the box can get points from a wealthy team mate or even have guns bought for them and no mans land is epic and a great place to gain a few extra points without going to the next round (where were u during the space race). i get some people dont like that its not realistic but its all about gameplay.... if you want realism maybe zombies isnt for you because ZOMBIES ARENT REAL

Firstly by real i meant certain aspects, there is a place called Der Riese in our world, plus the element 115, and of course I understand what you mean. I'm saying that it doesnt have be a fallout style game, it could use certain bits to improve the the gaming style. I like the zombies mode, Ive enjoyed it since WaW, but I do feel its becoming too repetitive. I understand where your coming from though.

Something new could work, and the old characters could return. There are so many possiblities.

i like the idea of some minor rpg elements to it but it cant be anything too game changing maybe just weapon camos and pro versions of perks. I dont want to be underpowered at the start because its not fair on the people without the time to grind up the levels. I hope they include pack a perk or something of the sort and more interactive maps

The one game I think treyarch could look too for interactive maps is red faction. You can practically destroy anything in them games. In our case it could be used by the player to slow down the zombies or create an escape route. It also involve easter eggs and hidden things, like rooms or something.

Guest perfectlemonade

Ehh... can't do RPG's. Well, I can, but it would take the fun out of zombies. I've said this before, but I play FPS's to bash in skulls, not be an economist.

The one game I think treyarch could look too for interactive maps is red faction. You can practically destroy anything in them games. In our case it could be used by the player to slow down the zombies or create an escape route. It also involve easter eggs and hidden things, like rooms or something.

i can just imagine the glitches already............

Guest HammerFace

Firstly by real i meant certain aspects, there is a place called Der Riese in our world, plus the element 115, and of course I understand what you mean. I'm saying that it doesnt have be a fallout style game, it could use certain bits to improve the the gaming style. I like the zombies mode, Ive enjoyed it since WaW, but I do feel its becoming too repetitive. I understand where your coming from though.

Something new could work, and the old characters could return. There are so many possiblities.

well there is a moon in the real world, and apparently a pyramid on the moon

i can just imagine the glitches already............

That is understandable, but I've played Red Faction and despite that possiblity. it rarely glitched. It's possibility Treyarch could incorporate to bring life to the zombies mode. Shake things up a bit.

and the undead being more super human than human should be like they were in Verruckt, faster than the player. The AI was good too in my opinion