My problem with Kiting

Last night, while playing Der Riese with my friend, I finally realized exactly what it is about (other people's) kiting that annoys me so much. I kill too fast to be a compatible player with kiters, because they will just keep running and running their little circles, not firing off a single bullet until the flow of zombies stops completely. This makes things boring for the people who killed their zombies on sight, as the kiters will horde up every zombie before shooting. There was atleast 6 times in this particular game where I ran to the bridge and shot my Wunderwaffe at the trains being built in the courtyard, followed by the phrase "Hurry the F up already!!"

Honestly, is it really that hard to kill WHILE you are kiting? I mean really, I do it, so it cant be that F'in difficult.

(Sorry if ya dont care to read my complaining, I just wanted to point this out, and how annoying it is.)

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest phat130y69ps3

I feel you. But i also know the valid reason for such is that it saves ammo and keeps u alive....i only kite when i go for new record highs....other than that...run and gun suckkkaaa!!!!!!!!

Guest Superhands

I'm a big kiter, but in co-op games it's inevitable that there will be a constant flow in zombies spawning so there's no point in waiting for them all to come in - in fact, you're spiting yourself because you won't be prepared for that one straggling zombie that comes up behind you and traps you while you back up and shoot.

By all means run a loop, easily the best way to do well in this game - but have a shooting point in your loop, i.e. a safe point where you always turn back and shoot on each lap. Not only will it keep your train smaller and make things easier for you, but it'll keep the spawns a bit more equal over the map. If the particular loop you're running doesn't have a fairly good safe point, then you should probably find another loop to run.

Guest way2g00

I only kite in high rounds when you cant kill them anymore. I mostly run and gun in low rounds. I hate when ppl take their sweet ass time to headshot each and every zombie and always go for collateral damage.

That's indeed probably the worst problem of kiting. I have found myself in that situation too (e.g. Shangri La). You just now, you die, when you shoot, as long as a zombie spawns every 5 seconds.

It depends 100% on the area, if you can shoot while they still spawn or not. So the key is to find an area, that has such a wide spot, that you can still react, even if you get a zomb in your back while you shoot. Or an area, where you have a huge overview, and where you can see, if you have a few seconds to shoot or if somebody is coming. There are many of these out there.

Another solution could be that all players shoot at the same time, so all players get a period, where no zombies will spawn, just like in solo. The whole team waits till all zombs are on the map, then all shoot (safely), then repeat. But who would do that much effort of comm's :o

Another nice solution is to use strong guns, maybe inf damage guns. Less time of shooting, whole train gone fast, 1 2 additional spawners can be killed too if necessary... gives just a bit more control in the end. As well we also have Double Tap here for that point (!!) Even in Shangri La Super Small areas, you can shoot at least 1 sec, even if its unsafe. With DT it might be worth it.

Guest yellow-card8

If I want the real zombie feeling I run and gun, if I want high rounds I do some kiting, but to say the truth, I suck when I am around people or camp in a spot because then there are too many zombies in one spot and poeple sometimes get infront of you and then yo can't shoot and sometimes dies because of that, but if someone goes down I say "F this, hold on, I'm coming" and go for him if he is not a douche, just my opinion :)

Regards Yellow-card8

Guest iB Proto

There's two different ways to look at it, there are pro's & con's to shooting without making your horde big enough.

Pro's:

-Evens out more kills amongst teammates

-Safer

Con's:

-Less points/more ammo wasted

Past round 20 or so I personally think that you should just always start shooting, every time you go down you end up losing that little extra you earned so it's not even worth risking it.

Guest TroubledTurkey

Anyone know whats up with points when using the thundergun? I shoot a single zombie with it, and I get a solid 50 points. I blow away an entire horde of 24 and I only make like 200 points. (A little off topic, but the talk of kiting full mobs and using thunderguns made me think of this)

I thought you get strict 10 points per kill?

Never paid attention on it though, but maybe it's like with the Wave:

1st kill: 50 pts

2nd kill: 30 pts

3rd-24th kill: 10pts

Guest Rissole25

I really didn't know the Thundergun had a point cap on it. I guess you really are sacrificing points the better weapon you get.

I found a nice little kiting area in Verruckt. By Speed Cola, at the Sawed-Off Double Barrel Shotgun. It's also a nice wall weapon to use as you loop around, taking 4 shots to kill a zombie at around 28.

Guest selectyeti89

I always kill on sight up till about 40. It makes the game speed WAY up and makes it not boring. I usually even camp until about round 35. On moon all the way to 99 I dont wait for them all to spawn, I see ten zombies I will shoot wave gun and when I run out just get a max ammo. I have been to 85 this way so I would say always kill on sight.

Guest Superhands

Anyone know whats up with points when using the thundergun? I shoot a single zombie with it, and I get a solid 50 points. I blow away an entire horde of 24 and I only make like 200 points. (A little off topic, but the talk of kiting full mobs and using thunderguns made me think of this)

Thundergun is capped at 300 points max per shot, I remember doing my first 100+ run on Ascension thinking 'why the hell are my points going up so slowly?', so I checked the amount of points I was getting per wave and it was only 300.

I thought you get strict 10 points per kill?

Never paid attention on it though, but maybe it's like with the Wave:

1st kill: 50 pts

2nd kill: 30 pts

3rd-24th kill: 10pts

So for 24 zombies:

50 + 30 + 22*10 = 300 ;)

Guest TroubledTurkey

I dont think so. Blast one you get NO points (or like 10 per hit, I never payed attention to that) and the SECOND Shot gets points. Not sure how many. I am gonna see if it drops 50-50 points, like dogs.

Hey guys...

I always played pvp with healing spec on disci and drood without too much problems kiting meele and reaching 1,9k rating... but here comes my problem!!

I recently rerolled to resto shaman because it fit more to my playstile how it works both in pvp and pve but i'm having some serious problem kiting dks.

Dunno why but with my shaman once dk (mainly frost) reach me in meele range i have really lot of problem surviving and kiting it.

I'm using EB totem, SC totem, frostshock + Release, frogging ... tried everything.

Someone can give me some help about how to properly kite a dk with a resto shaman?

Thanks a lot!!

Guest ChopperNator

Hey guys...

I always played pvp with healing spec on disci and drood without too much problems kiting meele and reaching 1,9k rating... but here comes my problem!!

I recently rerolled to resto shaman because it fit more to my playstile how it works both in pvp and pve but i'm having some serious problem kiting dks.

Dunno why but with my shaman once dk (mainly frost) reach me in meele range i have really lot of problem surviving and kiting it.

I'm using EB totem, SC totem, frostshock + Release, frogging ... tried everything.

Someone can give me some help about how to properly kite a dk with a resto shaman?

Thanks a lot!!

I can't be arsed to find out what you are talking about so please let me say WTF!!!!

Guest TuUhmazyn

Hey guys...

Thanks a lot!!

I can't be arsed to find out what you are talking about so please let me say WTF!!!!

I have only one statement.

It's peanut butter jelly time!!!

What? It makes more sense then that, btw that's from WoW he changed from healer to Shaman and is having issues kiting a dk with a restoration shaman.

Sorry bud but this isn't the forum for this.