The Ultimate Moon Loading Screen Analysis (Updated 5-30-12)

MixMasterNut

Guest MixMasterNut

Incredible thread, Mix! Must've taken you forever to put this together! Have some [brains]

One thing, though. The bit about the UN on the edge of the comic book. What if that is a nod to ununpentium (Element 115)? That's the first thing that came to my mind.

Insane thread. The Asylum is ridiculous. ;)

Oh it did take forever! I have been working on this literally since the teaser trailers for the Resurrection DLC came out.

Good catch about the Ununpentium. I've definitely considered it before, but somehow forgot to add it into my OP. Thanks for pointing that out. I've updated the OP with that info.

• 2 years later...
  • Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

208 189 52N 16E
143 115 25N 4E

At first I thought that was it, but now I'm not even sure anymore.

I don't know if that's an N or M. 52 and/or 25 could 62 and/or 26. And I don't know if the E is and E or not.

Regardless, if these are co ordinates, they written so weirdly that I don't know how to properly write them.

52N 16E led me to Poland, 25N 4E led me to Algeria.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Found a Moon conspiracy that may be the inspiration for the giant Samantha shadow we see here.

Samantha%20Moon_zpsrejy13tg.png

Here's two photos of the moon's surface that were taken during the Apollo 8 mission, showing what appears to be the same exact giant figure casting a shadow

alien+walking+on+the+moon+ufovni+f.jpg

Source:  http://areazone51ufos.blogspot.be/2014/08/aliens-marchent-sur-la-lune-la-verite.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wrTkK2p3B0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QdYvelStn8

You can find these images yourself on Google Moon.

- Mix

• 1 year later...
On 30/06/2014 at 11:02 AM, Schrödinger said:

First line: 128 100 52N 161 (I'm not sure about the first 2 groups of number)

Second line: 143 115 20N 41

http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2017/21/1495873273-loadscreen-zm-moon.png

208 189 52M 16E

148 115 25M 4E

https://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2017/21/1495801977-t7-menu-zm-loadscreen-moon-1080x1920.png

The loading screen of BO3 is not the same as BO1 so can we say that the numbers are the same ?

• Moderators
13 hours ago, Schrödinger said:

https://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2017/21/1495801977-t7-menu-zm-loadscreen-moon-1080x1920.png

The loading screen of BO3 is not the same as BO1 so can we say that the numbers are the same ?

Do you know where those two numbers lead to (at least, I assume it are coordinates)? Also, thank you for this clear image of the Moon loading screen! I'm gonna search what Cipactli, Ehecatl, Cali, Cuetzpalin and Coatl are. It is said that these things/creatures/beings are represented in a non-visible form in the MPD.

Btw, @Mods. How is it possible that this "zombie asylum" category is not on the main page? It has truly beautiful topics. Why is it something different than the already existing "Asylum" category?

Here are most of the ads written out, some were very hard to read, even with really good images (I'm looking at you Ugly Sounds and Space Ice). Any mispellings were already there and left for authenticity.

Spoiler

Ugly Sounds

Terrible, Horrible, ???, Screams, ???, ???, ???, doubles ???, thunderstorms, ???, supernatural, ugly, rich, vibrant, creatures, screeching, wild ???, mythological (?), ???, ???, knobby, fiends (?). For parties with friends or parents (?)

LEARN TO DRAW

Acto-Mortis

Resuscitate your loved ones with this fantastic device. Get your family back together for picnics, family gatherings, sports!

Nova 6 Tank

Get your own! Great addition to your household. The legendary Nova 6 gas can. Depleted and sold for decoration.

FREE $50,000 Cash

Exact bank note reproductions. Have fun with your friends. Just order our catalogs.

Brine Shrimp

Suspended in cryptobiosis for your reviving enjoyment. Just add water and our salt pack, and you will enjoy live shrimp in a few days. NOT edible… or maybe they are.

Zombie Comedy

Some of the greatest  jokes from the undead.

While They Last

Fun time for the profesional. Special Events. Full. Unnecessarily complex, but nevertheless entertaining.

Surprise Monkey

Amaze your friends with this great toy explosive. Impervious to water, it is dangerous beyond belief. Lure zombies, then see them get blown away! 6565(?) Surprise

Deluxe Electric Shock

Collect this hose and be exposed to pain and surprise. One of many collectibles in the Tanbor Fudgely catalog. Get yours now! Tanbor Fudgely Co. accepts no responsibility for the use or mis-use of this item.(?) We sell this item with no reservations.

Therapeutic Apparatus

Health bomb! Enjoy your ??? ??? from the device.

Xenon Belt

Where is my money? You may ask yourself.

Casimir Mechanism

Matter transfer fun! Send your friend stuff. Gluon radiation now available to the masses. Take advantage of the quantized field.

238.189 52 N x 16 E

143.115 28 N x 4 E

Idle Idol

Control Panel

Authentic replica of lunar lander control panel! 100% space-age. Impress your friends with your pilot skills. Made of low impact plastic, it is harmless if used as a striking weapon. Do not aim at eyes or people, animals, or other living things. Zombies OK.

Pack-A-Punch

Pack-a-punch machine savings bank. Holds coins of all denominations and origins. Made of die-cast aluminum. Secure lid. May light up. Batteries not included.

Gun Mule

Dispenses three toy guns. Pull the ear and out comes the gun.

Balloon

Expandable natural rubber bladder . Shaped to conform to the contained gas. Decorative.

Richtofen Center for Clinical Research

Currently seeking men, women and others for prolonged clinical trials. Results will vary. Waiver required.

Pocket Teleporter

Get going! Go anywhere through the ether. Transport yourself. 99% guaranteed. Stuff happens. Reintegration.

Vending Machine Bank

Quality die-cast bank looks just like a Speed Cola machine. Put in the coin and watch it light up. Batteries sold

“Have fun with papa in Poland. Mommy will miss you but she has work to do in Dresden.”

Tanbor Fudgely Co.

Dept 359 3420 Ocean Park Blvd Santa Monica, CA 90405 Money back guarantee No C.O.D.

SENSATIONAL!

Not dissimilar to the Aztec and Mayan calendars, the Mythos disc defines the celestial patterns for your practical and magical purposes. Cipactli, Ehecatl, Calli, Cuetzpalin, Coatl, etc. are represented in non-visible form. Abide by its magical powers and use

Amazing 2-way Matter Transference

Convert your appliances into matter transference devices with this simple kit. Trim to any size and apply. For greater results use multiple kits.

Shrink Ray

Fun for the whole family. Shrink and stretch ray gun. Reduce your friends and enemies to a manageable size. Great during arguments or zombie attacks. From the same minds that brought you the Can’t-a-loupe viewing device, this fine instrument will bring you hours of enjoyment and vengeance. Not for children younger than 5.

Director Chair

Get in there! Your first step to becoming a director. You can now say with certainty that you have sat in a director chair.

Space Ice

Like nothing you have ever seen. ???glowing ??? substance. Of unknown origin. Collected by our agents in the field of the ???. Otherworldly! Send $1.00 ??? P.O. box 3420 Ocean Park ???

Flesh Eating

Plants that will eat you? Yeah. Large, dangerous and beautiful.

V Device

One of a kind. Find and use Earn one.

Speed Cola

Speeds up your life

Thunder Gun

Authentic thunder weapon. Shoots a blast that will knock you on your

Gamma Ray Specs

Seeing through things is simply over-rated. Use these specs to see into people’s souls. Manufactured in a small Tibetan village by mystics, the secret sources of their powers are un-revealed(?).

Used Data Tapes

Multi-use, convenient and cheap. Let your imagination run wild.

Some small tidbits are the address used for Tanbor Fudgely Co. (Treyarch's address), the Aztec day signs Cipactli (crocodile; east), Ehecatl (wind ; north), Cali (house; west), Cuetzpalin (lizard; south), Coatl (snake; east), as well as this interesting line:

Spoiler

“Have fun with papa in Poland. Mommy will miss you but she has work to do in Dresden.”

• Moderators

"Have fun with papa in Poland. Mommy will miss you but she has work to do in Dresden"

I've seen that line too. Was it there in the old loading screen too or is it added in the new one? Two strange things:

>Der Riese was located in Germany in that time, not Poland. (Poland did exist, though).

>Samantha's mother died immediately after Samantha was born

4 minutes ago, anonymous said:

"Have fun with papa in Poland. Mommy will miss you but she has work to do in Dresden"

I've seen that line too. Was it there in the old loading screen too or is it added in the new one? Two strange things:

>Der Riese was located in Germany in that time, not Poland. (Poland did exist, though).

>Samantha's mother died immediately after Samantha was born

I think it was, it was just incredibly hard to read in the original due to quality. To me, it feels like this was just the pre-timeline era and they may have had a different story for what happened to her mother, in which she possibly dies at a later time under a different circumstance.

• 2 years later...
On 5/28/2017 at 1:25 AM, Lizizadolphin said:

Here are most of the ads written out, some were very hard to read, even with really good images (I'm looking at you Ugly Sounds and Space Ice). Any mispellings were already there and left for authenticity.

Spoiler, click to open contents

Some words are missing on the new loading screen compared to the old one.

Spoiler

WHILE THEY LAST : Full ? ?

BALLOON : Decorative ? ? ? ?

POCKET TELEPORTER : Reintegration ? ?

VENDING MACHINE BANK : Batteries sold ?

SENSATIONAL ! : Abide by its magical powers and use ? ? ?

THUNDER GUN : Authentic thunder weapon, shoots a blast that will knock you on your ? ? ?

Words are easy to guess as "Batteries sold separately", but the eyes of those naturally speaking English must be better than mine.

Like for this one :

On 11/3/2015 at 1:54 AM, MixMasterNut said:

New Moon Loading Screen flashed during the Brief History of Zombies video

New%20Moon%20Loading%20Screen%20BO3_zpso

Source Video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFyMVGHXwdc

It's worse to read ! But there is a lot of text and things replaced.

Spoiler

MOR? PLEN?
UN?

Unbeatable Self Defense
MAGNET LIFTS 50 POUNCE

? ?
?
SAMANTHA

?

POCKET SPY MIRROR
WORLD'S SMALLEST
ROMERO MASK
? Aether
Crew ?

SPEED UP YOUR HANDS
Real Gun !

In fact, where I read Aether and Crew, it could also be Author and Crow...

• 1 year later...
  • Moderators

Took a look at those numbers or "coordinates" again: 238, 189 52N X 16E and 143, 115 28N X 4E.

Decided to google the first set and came up with this page:

http://www.anycheatcodes.net/pc_games/hints/Starflight-2-12233.html

It's hints for a game called Starflight 2 from 1989. It seems like you explore planets and find certain futuristic items.

The two coordinates from this loading screen match two on the page almost exactly:

unknown.png

Both point to a Black Egg much like the one in Moon. So why the hell did they put these on the loading screen of a zombies map? Maybe the Black Egg is a nostalgic nod to this old classic and this was a hint towards that?

The Black Egg in the game also seems to be used as a planet bomb, like how it is used with the rockets in Moon:

image.png

• Moderators
8 hours ago, RadZakpak said:

Took a look at those numbers or "coordinates" again: 238, 189 52N X 16E and 143, 115 28N X 4E.

Decided to google the first set and came up with this page:

http://www.anycheatcodes.net/pc_games/hints/Starflight-2-12233.html

It's hints for a game called Starflight 2 from 1989. It seems like you explore plants and find certain futuristic items.

The two coordinates from this loading screen match two on the page almost exactly:

unknown.png

Both point to a Black Egg much like the one in Moon. So why the hell did they put these on the loading screen of a zombies map? Maybe the Black Egg is a nostalgic nod to this old classic and this was a hint towards that?

The Black Egg in the game also seems to be used as a planet bomb, like how it is used with the rockets in Moon:

image.png

Awesome find, brains for that! So that's it, the solution to this debacle I always wondered about: Why did the Black Egg destroy Earth? I've considered something emitting Vril energy, the egg perhaps carrying Maxis' soul and even a Quantum Probability Weapon. A typical case of 'the easiest answer is right': It really was a mere planet bomb. Cool find, curious if the developers have played Starflight.

Also notice how Focussing Stone and Rod Device are also objects mentioned in that page. 

• 6 months later...

With all the talk about the "Black Egg" AKA "Egg of the devil' I figured this should be here. 
Thanks again @Carnage Evoker for the footage. 

Basically you can see how the Black Egg essentially duplicates into 3 eggs, then each one of them is entered into the each rocket. This goes in similar to Starflight, where the Black Egg is used as a "planet bomb" to destroy a planet in the last section of the game (there are also 3 Black Eggs in both Starflight and Moon). So basically one can assume the Black Eggs are critical to fracture the earth as in-game.

Allow me to add that the work in Dresden may be a reference to what's known as the Dresden Codex:  

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dresden_Codex

1920px-Dresden_Codex_pp.58-62_78.jpg

"The Dresden Codex is a Mayan book, ... The codex was rediscovered in the city of Dresden, Germany, hence the book's present name."

"The book suffered serious water damage during World War II... It is written in Mayan hieroglyphs and refers to an original text of some three or four hundred years earlier, describing local history and astronomical tables."

"The Dresden Codex contains accurate astronomical tables, which are recognized by students of the codex for its detailed Venus tables and lunar tables. The lunar series has intervals correlating with eclipses, while the Venus tables correlate with the movements of the planet Venus. The codex also contains astrological tables and ritual schedules. The religious references show in a cycle of a 260-day ritual calendar the important Maya royal events."

"In the codex the Maya related their 260-day calendar to celestial bodies, especially Venus and Mars."

The Dresden codex lines up the themes of Mars and Venus, Mayan and Aztec calenders and culture , eclipses etc. Some of these references are already in this thread, and another honorable mention would be Richtofen's quote from the Easter egg:   "Now to realign the antikythera mechanism. Just kidding! But it is pretty cool, look it up, I made it! Mystery Solved!"

On a related note, the Black ops 3 Terminal is also known as the codex. The Wikipedia page for codex put a certain focus on Mayan and Aztec codices: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Codex

Two more things: This is related, showing the Flesh Eating Venus Fly Traps were ordered: 

And something that may be a new observation: 

Gamma Ray Specs

Seeing through things is simply over-rated. Use these specs to see into people’s souls. Manufactured in a small Tibetan village by mystics, the secret sources of their powers are un-revealed(?).

The Tibetan village in which the the mystics manufacture the Gamma Ray Specs may be a reference to Shangri-La, as the Himalayas are located in the Tibetan Plateau. Interestingly they allow to inspect into people's souls, and souls became critical to the Aether story over the years (Moon in particular, with the soul swapping and the first soul-box introduction with the MPD). This can be further supported with the village references within the concepts ideas for Shangri-La (Via https://youtu.be/OQXwojQ_i_0)

image.png

image.png

Archived