Shoud we help noobs

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest piepwns

What my friend and I do sometimes is join matches with people with really low rounds. We then get to the highest round possible to improve their scores, and maybe set an example or two :D

Guest Signman712

Master Zombies Guide is coming out soon man! :D

I know but many many many peolpe do not have comuputer or phone to go on the forum or they do not know about the site

Guest Blamco177

The answer should only be yes if they're willing to listen.

Last conversation trying to help someone in zombies went like this.

Me:The box isn't the most reliable thing ever dude.

Noob:but the ray gun

Me:but the teddie bear

Noob2:Lets just keep hitting the box, we'll get perks later

Me:Whatever

*Round end*

(I have Juggernog and an m16)

(They have a Bowie knife, Law, and Spectre)

(They go down)

Me: Told ya

(Noobs rage quit)

So yeah, help them only if they want it.

Guest Black Wolf

When I started getting into multiplayer gaming, I noticed that the term "noob" seems to have a really negative connotation to the point that it seems to mean something more than simply someone who is new at the game. It seems similar to the distinction between ignorant and stupid; a new player (I tend to use the term newbie) may not know the ins and outs of the game and may make a lot of mistakes but is genuinely trying, whereas a noob has no desire to learn or see any position other than his or her own. When someone is trying to understand, I think it's definitely a service to the community to do your best to help.

Everybody was new once. I'm still really new, but we all start somewhere.

Guest ChopperNator

I would help a newb, never a noob. Distinct difference between the two. The first is a new player to the game, who wants to learn to play better. The second is either blissfully ignorant to any potential learning or doesn't care.

I started as a newb. I remember my 3rd ever co-op game on kino. Me and a friend split screened and got carried from round 11 to 18 where we finally died.

The 2 we were playing with were pretty damn cool. They told us very quickly to get Juggs. What's Juggs we wanted to know so they led us to it and explained to us. Watching the 2 play for those 8 rounds on their own was mind opening and enabled the 2 of us to play exclusively split screen until we had the hang of the game. I believe we got to 40 online before either of us played with anyone else. TBH I would have eventually checked on the net for some kind of strategy. Not everyone is going to do that. Treating some newbs like shit is going to put them of playing this game....not cool IMO.

Me and my friend often talk about that game. Something we distinctly both remember was one of the guys running a hoard from the starting area and dropping 2 claymores on the stairs just before the PM63. We thought he was a God!!! Funnily enough I'm still friends with one of them but he doesn't play anymore.

Guest Superhands

I would help a newb, never a noob. Distinct difference between the two. The first is a new player to the game, who wants to learn to play better. The second is either blissfully ignorant to any potential learning or doesn't care.

Never heard of this before, but I like it :lol:

My first games were on Der Riese with my best pal, didn't know what the hell I was doing, just standing there like an idiot when I should have been moving around to avoid getting hit. He taught me the basics but pretty much only knew camping. I thought it was an awesome game so I started watching videos of it on youtube and was introduced to the idea of kiting by watching people running round the pillars on Nacht. So once I got used to the feel of the game and started improving, when my friend went down I would always bail out and start running trains. At first he would call me a nutcase but he soon noticed that, a lot of the time, I was staying alive. After that I would always go round to his house when I knew he would be busy doing his college assignments so I could hop on his PS3 and practice some solo :lol: then shortly after Black Ops came out I got into the game so much that I upgraded my PC a little and bought W@W and Black Ops myself.

Master Zombies Guide is coming out soon man! :D

I know but many many many peolpe do not have comuputer or phone to go on the forum

If they're playing online they must have an internet connection, so you'd assume they'd also have a computer or laptop :lol: Besides, if like us when we were newbies these players want to improve their play then they'll most likely look online for tips and probably stumble upon this site.

Of course, if you're playing with these people try and give them a little advice. If they ignore it, obviously they're not willing to learn so don't waste your time trying to help them.

I recently startet MW3 Multiplayer and got called often a noob, since I WAS a noob. People that call me so, forgot they once played for the first time too without knowing the maps. So I pretty much ignore by thinking "as long as you don't give me advice and just calling me a noob, he is actually to true noob".

Of course we should halb the newcomers, but I also think we do it already. For example we have the Master's Zombie Guide, or for me personally if a meet a nice guy that just is new to the game, I send him to my youtube channel, explain him ingame what he should and can do and what is rather not so good. (Always trying not to get into the teacher's role, I hate this :D)

Guest killallzombies

i learned the hard way

i played a sh** ton of solo while i waited for my internet to get hooked up

and i got pretty good,so when i started playing online ,i wasn't downing like every half round like my friends

Guest ChopperNator

Maybe we need to define noob and newbie and whatever else is similar ;)

I don't think it matters much in the grand scheme of things. Newb is someone who wants to learn, noob has 2 or 3 definitions. They either won't listen, don't care, purposely incite or are just stupid. I've played with noobs who seem to know their stuff, get Juggs etc but then want to PAP ASAP. I've spent time explaining why someone doesn't need to PAP their brand new ray gun on round 8. They agree with me, but then say they still are going to do it!

Guest Shoreyo

1. Noob is a derogatory term for anyone who beats you, you should know that :D

2. There are always people who complain, make everyone exactly the same, someone will complain, what's the phrase? "Hater's go'n hate"

3. If there are no noobs, who do we blame when we fail on CoD, surely not ourselves?

Guest aegisknight

playing with new players is a blast, playing with people who think they know what they're doing but are complete idiots is painful.

Sometimes I get games where the players don't know the map very well, but see I have a good score so listen to what I have to say.

But as a rule everyone without a mic is a terrible person

Guest MyLittleHellhound

My favorite part about playing with "noobs" is if they are nice, then im fine with it cause to me I dont care about getting to high rounds unless I want to, but if its casual, then I am all chills!!!!

Sometimes I play again with them, sometimes I just go away.

So yes we should help noobs is my view

Guest ninezerowill

What kind of a question is that? That's like asking if you should donate to charity or not.. If we don't help the noobs, then who will?

Hell, we were all noobs once.. A better question would be: why NOT help reduce the population of noobs?

Stay frosty.....

Guest perfectlemonade

What kind of a question is that? That's like asking if you should donate to charity or not.. If we don't help the noobs, then who will?

Hell, we were all noobs once.. A better question would be: why NOT help reduce the population of noobs?

Stay frosty.....

No, no. Like what people have already said, we should help NEWBS. These are the people very new to Zombies and just don't understand it yet. Our job is to make these players better.

Then, there are n00bs. These players just do not care. They refuse to listen to what anyone has to say. They live to troll. They don't open doors, they hog the box for a wunderweapon, and when we let them bleed out and have to clutch, they rage. They don't get on teleporters, they go into someone else's training spot (biggest pet peeve I have in Zombies. Don't mess with my horde, or you'll feel my wrath), they piss of George, they like taking floating insta kills with 1 zombie left in a round, they break the windows on Moon.

I could ramble on all day but alas, I believe I have gotten my point across. So... help newbs, not n00bs.

Guest piepwns

I got to agree with lemonade here. You spend five minutes getting a train built up and you have about 3000 points worth of zombies, then they come in with the WW they got by hogging the box and eradicate all of your zombies. nothing ticks me off more.

Guest ChopperNator

What's interesting is that n00bs to me comes from n00btuber.

I wonder if the simpleton that coined this phrase realises it doesn't even rhyme.

Newbtuber would rhyme however. Even when you hear insults thrown around MP lobbies they say newb, but are trying to say n00b. Fucking tools.

Guest aegisknight

to rhyme it would have to be "noobertuber". Its not so bad in black ops though. I rarely encounter tube players at all, let alone those who use it exclusively

Guest XxJason LivesxX

No, no. Like what people have already said, we should help NEWBS. These are the people very new to Zombies and just don't understand it yet. Our job is to make these players better.

Then, there are n00bs. These players just do not care. They refuse to listen to what anyone has to say. They live to troll. They don't open doors, they hog the box for a wunderweapon, and when we let them bleed out and have to clutch, they rage. They don't get on teleporters, they go into someone else's training spot (biggest pet peeve I have in Zombies. Don't mess with my horde, or you'll feel my wrath), they piss of George, they like taking floating insta kills with 1 zombie left in a round, they break the windows on Moon.

I could ramble on all day but alas, I believe I have gotten my point across. So... help newbs, not n00bs.

These people are not Noobs/Newbs they are assholes no amount of L33T speak lables will change that. Noob derived from Newb which derived from Newbie which means new/inexperienced player that is all. Newb/Noob should not be considered a derogitory term as it simply denotes a players experience level. The above mentioned players fit better under the troll/griefer label.

Guest perfectlemonade

These people are not Noobs/Newbs they are assholes no amount of L33T speak lables will change that. Noob derived from Newb which derived from Newbie which means new/inexperienced player that is all. Newb/Noob should not be considered a derogitory term as it simply denotes a players experience level. The above mentioned players fit better under the troll/griefer label.

...Touche...