How do you deal with greedy box spenders?

i have a friend who is quite good at zombies but always goes for a ray/ww b4 wave 10..... i just laugh when he wastes 5k and only has a law and crossbow to show for it. i always buy a wall gun and try pap my m&s and grab flopper first because there is no need for a raygun that early but some people just dont get it.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest aegisknight

I'll happily take a crossbow (on par with even the best WW if you ask me), but I never understood hitting the box more than once before juggernog.

I think in the end, there isn't much you can do about greedy box-hogs. They are going to be rookies, they are going to go down frequently, and they are going to ragequit if not revived, and you aren't always going to be able to revive them.

Guest Superhands

No matter how good you are, it's always good to have a save-ass weapon that can get you out of a certain-death situation. A wonder-weapon is the first choice in most cases, but if you're playing with greedy box spenders then chances are someone else will get it (and probably still keep going down because they don't know how to use it properly, such a waste...).

But of course, there are alternatives on most maps.

If the map has a PaP and PhD Flopper, I'll always go for the Mustang and Sally. If it has a PaP but no Flopper, I'll go for a Crossbow and upgrade it ASAP.

There are quite a lot of players, normally mid-level in terms of skill, who are always like 'I don't need any sort of save-ass weapon, I'm good.' I guess it's a macho thing... but then I could also do the macho thing and gloat at round 30 when I have between 0-2 downs and they have over 10 :lol:

I started to feel really uncomfortable when I don't have this save-my-ass gun beyond 20. But for me it's just the M&S, cause it's the most convenient to get and you avoid all this box thing.

For no-phd-maps, I Just wanna mention, there are also a bit unconventional alternatives to the crossbow or to the wonder gun, to save box hits. I think of upgraded Spas, HS10, Python and similar. They work as good as a Wunderwaffe DG 2 to save your ass in lower rounds. Let's say until about 25 or 30.

They have a fast rate of fire and a huge damage. Just what you need. Clipsize and reload time are secondary to kill 1-2 zombies in front of you. I sometimes think I should pay more attention on these in maps like Kino or Riese.

Guest aegisknight

oh I don't question that one bit, having a "save ass" weapon is pretty much vital to all my strategies. But its not at all vital until after round 20 or so, so I don't bother too much with the box until I have all 4 perks and a nice point bumper.

So what this means is that chances are, i'm not going to get a wonder weapon out of the box, a spammer will have it already. So I just basically learned to work with what i've been given, loving the Lawton and working with Mustang and Sally.

Depends if I'm in acertain mood, most games Igo without box for ages, a Thompson/Mp-40 can go a long way. Plus being a random box, what you see you may not want. I don't tend to mind people who box, its only later on when ammo is scarce when they start angering me.

• 2 months later...
Guest tanked99

these are cool ways i never get the mystery box cause im the slowest i take my time and save for when i need it like if i die and need a new gun or use the pap

Guest MurderMachineX

oh I don't question that one bit, having a "save ass" weapon is pretty much vital to all my strategies. But its not at all vital until after round 20 or so, so I don't bother too much with the box until I have all 4 perks and a nice point bumper.

So what this means is that chances are, i'm not going to get a wonder weapon out of the box, a spammer will have it already. So I just basically learned to work with what i've been given, loving the Lawton and working with Mustang and Sally.

But even so. Odds are that by that time the spammer will have died, putting that weapon back into the Box.

Guest MyLittleHellhound

I usually carry a box and a wall weapon, but with Mule Kick i go for the box twice and keep those weapons til they run out of ammo. I use every weapon to its full potential

but usually now I try to hit it around round 8 or when I am bored.

Guest Tankeo Dempsaki

Whenever I play, people hit the box before me and ALWAYS , I repeat ALWAYS get that map's Wunderweapon. Then at least one person will get a Ray gun, and sometimes someone will get the grenade.

When I finally buy the box after defending all three of them, I will then get either a gun I am not very good with, a crappy gun, or the bear. ALWAYS with the damn bear.

Strangely, this only happens with Randoms...