2 ZOMBIES EASTER EGGS IN MW3

teddy bears had no significants in mw2 but sledge hammer games designed mw3 and designed black ops map pack if you go into a hut on the mw3 map mission there is a teddy bear and above it is PORTER WUZ HERE and a strange painting below it also on a campaign mission their is grafitti of a little girl with a teddy bear wearing a dress and a sledge hammer it says in initials shg or SLEDGE HAMMER GAMES link to video please comment http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jX95uePqklQ

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never did see the graffiti of the girl, but I saw the rest. As the video says, Teddy's have been a part of CoD for a while. If what the man in the video says is true about the fact that Porter was an IW employee, than I don't really see a Zombies connection.

Guest Shoreyo

Zword is right, there are zombies in CoD 2,3,4,5,6,7 and now in 8 as well, the fact there in zombies is based on this, not visa versa.

Also try to spell correctly and use punctuation, it helps make the thread look more... reliable.

Guest bobzombie

When i read this i was all like "please not be a teddy bear refrence, please not a teddy bear refrence." But then it happened. But if you didn't notice this before i can only imagine the level of excitement you had when you saw this. I bet it felt spectacular

Let me get this straight; because it is "uncommon" for little girls to have teddy bears that they carry around in the UK, that automatically makes it a reference to a game by another developer, and that same game this developer fails to acknowledge? Not trying to be a dick, but just think about it. Why would IW make a reference to another game? Also it is not uncommon for little girls to have a teddy bear.

Guest HammerFace

Let me get this straight; because it is "uncommon" for little girls to have teddy bears that they carry around in the UK, that automatically makes it a reference to a game by another developer, and that same game this developer fails to acknowledge? Not trying to be a dick, but just think about it. Why would IW make a reference to another game? Also it is not uncommon for little girls to have a teddy bear.

not IW anymore.

Guest MixMasterNut

In my opinion, there are no zombie easter eggs in MW3. The clues you see allude to something else.

* EDITED 3-16-12 in respect to WhosOnFirst's criticism.

Guest RabbitZombie

If the teddy was a zombie one bloody, creepy etc, I would say it's an Easter egg. But they are nothing like the zombies teddy and also Porter could mean anything.

• 4 months later...
Guest MyLittleHellhound

Oh. Never saw that jolteon thread.......man I need to browse everywhere more often.

On another note, just a regular teddy bear isn't anything, like others have said. Only bloody teddy's hold really anything. There were a ton of regular teddy bears on Highrise (MW2) on the roof....

Guest Strwrsbob

A teddy bear is a teddy bear, they've been in COD forever. A little girl also doesn't mean much, it's an IW game. I sound like I'm being a downer, but there's really no valid reason to believe any of it is related to zombies, and I don't believe sledgehammer worked on zombie maps, They would've been working on MW3 at the time, and I think only trey arch and Raven worked on Black Ops.

Guest WhosOnFirst

There is a lot going on in MW3, some of which directly referances what Treyarch have alluded to within Zombies. I think the better question for people to pursue is "what exactly are Treyarch referancing constantly?"

Guest imported_Phantom

A company is not going to make references to their rival company, in any sort of positive way. Plain and simple. Remember Treyarch's gun that had "FU-IW" in their name? That's obviously not positive...

Guest BlindBusDrivr

People don't seem to understand these. The Easter Eggs at face value, are just simple things Developers put in, but when you look deeper, there's a whole thick layer underneath.

Men in general judge more from appearances than from reality. All men have eyes, but few have the gift of penetration. ~Niccolo Machiavelli

This applies here rather well, you have to look past the outer shell.

Now I will analyze these a bit more for all of you.

First off, the Sledgehammer one is not just any normal easter egg.

Yes the teddy bear has been around but I mean this is basically spelled out for us. Where do I start with it's connection to zombies...

Well first off her clothing is almost identical to Samantha's when you do the easter egg.

Then the fact there's the dead man there and she has a sledgehammer, she's got some blood on her hands figuratively as we know.

And then that she's gripping the teddy like her shadow in the Moon loading screen.

Now the real layered easter egg is the PORTER WUZ HERE.

This is part of a gigantic hint to FreeMasons.

So let's start, the outside of the building says BUTCHER on it. Butcher=one of Richtofen's various nicknames.

Then we go inside and find Porter's name on the wall, 'but it's a dev' so let's look around beyond that, it's more just to draw our attention. Hmm, what's this book on the desk? Oh, The Jungle Book. Written by Rudyard Kipling over a century ago. A very well known author as well as a freemason. Continue downstairs? We find black and white tiles on the floor, another calling sign of the Masons.

And finally what are the spawns on the map? PMC and African Militia? PMC is a private military company, so it's got no allegiance to any specific nation...and is up for hire...and what's this insignia they have?

Private_military_company.png

Where have I seen this before?!

How-to-become-a-Freemason.jpg

well why is a FreeMason PMC fighting African militias?

Hmm, now let's skip around to VILLAGE, where there's a hut with a radio broadcast on loop, and primate skulls, like the ones at Shangri La....

And one last thing, what's a very reappearing theme on Makarov's bookshelves?

FRANKENSTEIN? Hmm, reanimated corpse, clearly no correlation to zombies there....

Take all of that in and see if you can still find that these easter eggs are of zero relevance.

Guest WhosOnFirst

BBD has pretty much summed how I feel about COD. The only reason I stopped playing and searching for eggs, was that I felt I should search for my own truths and hold them dearer to myself than the truths of another man. Which in the end is all you can do.

R Kiplings books are insightful and fantastic reading. Kim and the Jungle book can both be obtained as free digital downloads.

Guest WhosOnFirst

A company is not going to make references to their rival company, in any sort of positive way. Plain and simple. Remember Treyarch's gun that had "FU-IW" in their name? That's obviously not positive...

Its only not positive if you presume it means what you think it does, I know right; what else could it mean? The point being, the position you choose to observe from effects the outcome of what you eventualy see.

Meh, it probably does mean what you think it means, I know right :lol:

Guest i am richtofen

Alright I'm not saying that I agree these "easter eggs" relate to zombies or not, but assuming they do what does it mean exactly ? I mean what significances does it have that IW/Sledgehammer put a easter egg to game mode that they did not even develop mean ?

It's kinda like saying that Kattie from Dead Rising 2 is a reference to CoD zombies because she is a little girl just like Sammy. Or like saying that the toy teddy bears from Left 4 Dead 2 is a reference to CoD zombies because Sammy has a teddy bear.

I mean BlindBusDrivr not trying to be rude, but at best everything you said is just a reference zombies. I fail to see how a company that did not even work on zombies, has anything to do with the Zombies storyline at all. All Zombies maps have been solely developed by Treyarch, so I really don't understand the significance, if any to these "easter eggs."

Guest ASmoothCriminal

I will state that teddy bears have been a classic easter egg in many games. Resistance Fall of Man had a Teddy bear located outside of the map Somerset, for example. However, I am not claiming that any of the supposed easter eggs in MW3 do not relate to treyarch in any way, because it can't be proven by mere speculation; but it also can't be disproven. The main counterargument is "Why would a developing company include EEs from a rival dev. company?"

I would like to submit that the rivalry doesn't seem to be as much of a dividing factor as it used to be. I follow a member of the Treyarch Dev. team on twitter (David Vonderhaar) and I am almost certain I remember reading tweets of him acknowledging that he was aiding the mw3 devs months ago. Not saying he was working directly on mw3 at all, but perhaps the rivalry has diminished with the loss of many original IW members and the remaining IW dev. team's corroboration with a different studio, SHG. I would try to find these tweets for supportive evidence but searching twitter can cause quite the headache. :/

Not to mention, Treyarch developed the Wii version of MW3 (insert shallow fanboy comments here). So, maybe the notion that IW and Treyarch are arch enemies (no pun intended) should be dismissed since IW handed over the Wii development of "their" game to Treyarch. Keep in mind, I'm not analyzing the proposed EEs, just questioning the notion that these two studios do not cooperate with each other. In the past, you could see quotes of the head IW employees "insulting" Treyarch, but I definitely think the studios' attitudes towards each other have changed over the past year or so.

Guest BlindBusDrivr

I believe it's Activision behind the scenes.

They want the games to advertise each other.

Activision pretty much owns the Call of Duty Franchise, they could give a sh!t which company sells more, as long as the sales as getting better each time. sales = win for Activision, regardless of IW or 3ARC being responsible.

And also to whoevers pointing out teddy bears and stuff in other games not being related. That's an entirely different scenario, these CoD games are all in the same Franchise, and it's portrayed with very clear elements.

Also another reason Activision would want zombies promoted, is because zombies gets them a ton of $. 15$ map packs each, and 3-4 per game? That's basically the equivalent of all those people buying 2 copies, a ton of profit for them. Let's remember why their called Activi$ion ;)

Guest WhosOnFirst

So I have not seen this posted anywhere yet, and to be honest I am surprised that no one has noticed. IW left a note on Mission found in front of the Church at the top of the map. It would seem it referances the note from Zombies "IGNOMO JUBILUS", if your not sure of the translation; I believe it might mean "Ignorant Rejoice".

The only reason I have posted this, is because I believe the focus of discussion has become so polarised that we dont really get to appreciate there are alllways at least two sides to an arguemant. I try to stay in the middle so I can best appreciate both parties observances and points so that I may draw my own conclusion.

Anyway, I hope this goes someway to justifying the arguemant that both games on occasion referance each others work and designs.

Guest BlindBusDrivr

So I have not seen this posted anywhere yet, and to be honest I am surprised that no one has noticed. IW left a note on Mission found in front of the Church at the top of the map. It would seem it referances the note from Zombies "IGNOMO JUBILUS", if your not sure of the translation; I believe it might mean "Ignorant Rejoice".

The only reason I have posted this, is because I believe the focus of discussion has become so polarised that we dont really get to appreciate there are alllways at least two sides to an arguemant. I try to stay in the middle so I can best appreciate both parties observances and points so that I may draw my own conclusion.

Anyway, I hope this goes someway to justifying the arguemant that both games on occasion referance each others work and designs.

the translation is 'LAUGHABLE MISTAKE'

Guest WhosOnFirst

the translation is 'LAUGHABLE MISTAKE'

With respect I would like to disagree, I am aware that google translate when going from Latin to English does offer the translation "laughable Mistake". However I am also aware the base of my language "English" is built upon many Latin words, such as Ignorant and Jubilations. Taking this into account I translated from English to Latin instead and then looked at the verbs; which I will list below.

jubilation = TRIUMPHUS, TRIUMPUS, GUADIUM

rejoice = JUBILO, PRAEGAUDEO, PERGAUDEO, BENIGNOR

unknown = IGNOTUM, IGNARUS, IGNOTUS, IGNORATUS

If you were to do the same for either of the words "Laughable" or "Mistake" you would see none of the correlations that I have pointed to above. Google translate is a fantastic tool, but its worth checking both ways, espescialy as the Latin translator is in Alpha testing.

Now on top of that, if you take into account that the note found on "Mission" says something along the lines of "Ignorance is not bliss"; I feel that there is a strong enough arguemant for stating "IW and TreyArch do referance each others work".

It is worth looking at the tranlated verbs for yourself as I have only listed a few.