H. Porter and Ray gun Development

Guest piepwns

Guest piepwns

Hey guys. I've been doing some research and found this.

***SERVANT ENTRY A00359***

“Ray Gun summary: “Prototype developed by “Doctor Ludvig Maxis, “origin Der Riese facility “Based on designs seized from “Rising Sun facility at SNN. “Powered by Element 115 “Ray Gun works on microwave technology “And discharges a burst of green “Plasma energy between 220 and 230V. “Second generation currently under “Development by H. Porter “To reduce excessive peripheral “Damage.

***END FILE***

So It looks like Maxis created the prototype and Porter finished it. This is a bit confusing. If Maxis already had made the plans, Porter wouldn't go all the way back to the Pentagon to continue his research if there was already a prototype. He would have just gone to the nearest safe place and quickly put the finishing touches on it. Let me know what you think, or if you guys found anything else.

Added in what Tac told me in the discussion of BBD's storyline thread, thanks Tac! I gave you [brains] for this, hope you don't mind me adding your point of view.PM me if you want me to take it off, no hard feelings if you aren't cool with it.

TacticalInsertion's Story/hypothesis/extremely plausible educated guess

I believe that he was originally on the Moon with Richtofen, and after he made the Pack-A-Punched version of the Wave Gun, Richtofen suggested him to Maxis to work on the blueprints for the PAPd Ray Gun. From there, he defected to the Pentagon in Operation Paperclip and reverse engineered some stuff for them. I believe he may even be the thief, but that is a discussion that I am not really willing to discuss since it can get rather heated.

Tac, you are always on top of this. Props to you.

Haha thanks bud. And what do you mean, like what is 'this?' And I have to return the compliment, you truly astound me when it comes to your leaderboard helpfulness in the Gen Zombs Discussion. Way to maintain order and honesty, much respect to you for that.

Guest piepwns

:P About a year old bud ;) But still helpful nonetheless

I had a feeling it was old. My only question is why did Porter take the prototype all the way to the Pentagon? And I know he took it because he wouldn't of been able to complete it from scratch, because he didn't know much about it since Maxis created the prototype, not him. I hope you have some answers, this is a very vague topic, there isn't much known about it

I had a feeling it was old. My only question is why did Porter take the prototype all the way to the Pentagon? And I know he took it because he wouldn't of been able to complete it from scratch, because he didn't know much about it since Maxis created the prototype, not him. I hope you have some answers, this is a very vague topic, there isn't much known about it

Well I believe the exact opposite :D I believe that Maxis gave him the gun to make the second generation, and to fully understand how to achieve less peripheral damage, he took it apart and put it back together many times, so I believe he did indeed know how to make it from scratch

Guest piepwns

Well I believe the exact opposite :D I believe that Maxis gave him the gun to make the second generation, and to fully understand how to achieve less peripheral damage, he took it apart and put it back together many times, so I believe he did indeed know how to make it from scratch

Interesting. I thought Maxis made the prototype, gave it to H. Porter, and then Der Riese was overrun almost right after. That thought never occurred to me. Thanks for that.

Guest piepwns

Well here is another question for ya, when did Porter make the Wave Gun second generation? Was he part of the scientists that were taken to Griffin Station?

That's my guess. I spent a while looking through files for that, unless it says anything in the Moon radios about it (which you would know if there was), then I can only take an "educated guess".

Well here is another question for ya, when did Porter make the Wave Gun second generation? Was he part of the scientists that were taken to Griffin Station?

That's my guess. I spent a while looking through files for that, unless it says anything in the Moon radios about it (which you would know if there was), then I can only take an "educated guess".

Yeah likewise. I assume that Richtofen sent him to the Moon to work on his new weapons, then after he was done, he came back to Der Riese. From there, 935 infiltrated SNN and took Takeo, 115, and Ray Gun blueprints. Maxis made the Ray Gun and handed it over to Porter

Guest piepwns

Yeah likewise. I assume that Richtofen sent him to the Moon to work on his new weapons, then after he was done, he came back to Der Riese. From there, 935 infiltrated SNN and took Takeo, 115, and Ray Gun blueprints. Maxis made the Ray Gun and handed it over to Porter

That could definitely have happened. But we won't know until more another zombies map is released :cry:

Guest piepwns

True, but maybe we'll find out more as we go along with our research.

Yeah, You never know what you could have missed, we'd better doublle check everything.

• 3 months later...
Guest way2g00

Tac, you are always on top of this. Props to you.

Haha thanks bud. And what do you mean, like what is 'this?' And I have to return the compliment, you truly astound me when it comes to your leaderboard helpfulness in the Gen Zombs Discussion. Way to maintain order and honesty, much respect to you for that.

Oh, by "this" I meant general zombies storyline and research. CoDz is not complete without geniuses like you and Alpha and many others that contribute to research.

Thanks for the [brains]