What if the cosmic silverback wasn't originally a Gorrila

Guest DEFCON 1

Guest DEFCON 1

I don't know the exact species of the cosmic silverback so I'll simply be calling him a monkey throughout.

I was really bored today and was browsing the avatar marketplace and seen the cosmic silver back avatar outfit and then seen the SR-71 pilot outfit, I noticed that they both have the same type of visor except the silver back's visor is broken. This made me think that the cosmic silver back used to be a human SR-71 pilot or an astronaut. Now obviously Russia did send monkeys to space but I'm almost 100% sure they didn't send monkeys that big to space. So the way I see it there are two possible reasons for his space suit and his size. 1: He used to be a small monkey that they sent to space and somehow grew to an unusual size. 2:He used to be a human astronaut who was transformed into how he is now. I'm leaning towards the second one, It might sound kind of silly but if you think about it doesn't dead people coming back to life sound silly too? Here's why I think he wasn't originally a small space monkey: His suit seems to large to be the one of small monkey even if his helmet is broken, he probably wouldn't even be wearing the suit anymore considering how small space monkeys normally are, he is closer to being the size of a man as you can tell by the DOA game over screen (he jumps on the character and makes him fly away but there is a delay and you can compare their size). One more thing, "The cosmic silver back has many brothers", you can go with the obvious, many different species of monkeys or it could mean there are many people on Earth, they are his brothers. While I don't have much evidence to back this up we still don't know much about him so anything's possible. Post your thoughts.

"The cosmic silver back has many brothers", you can go with the obvious, many different species of monkeys or it could mean there are many people on Earth, they are his brothers.

im not sure what you mean by the brothers thing but what that is talking about is tat when you kill silver back in DOA another "silver back" (his "brother") comes and hits you sending,you back to the first lvl

Guest DEFCON 1

"The cosmic silver back has many brothers", you can go with the obvious, many different species of monkeys or it could mean there are many people on Earth, they are his brothers.

im not sure what you mean by the brothers thing but what that is talking about is tat when you kill silver back in DOA another "silver back" (his "brother") comes and hits you sending,you back to the first lvl

:facepalm: I feel stupid, I haven't killed the cosmic silverback yet, I just always thought It was referring to the space monkeys in ascension and then I thought of him being human, so I added that thinking that it could be referring to humans being his brothers to help the theory.

Guest DEFCON 1

I am convinced he has nothing to do with the space monkeys from ascension. Also, just to point out, The Cosmic Silverback never was a monkey and never will be. He is a Gorilla, which are naturally man sized. Adult male Gorillas are commonly called Silverbacks.

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silverback#Group_life

Well thats all I have to say,

NoQuarterX

I was a little tired when I made this and I couldn't think of the word gorilla for some reason, I know he's not really a monkey, so I just changed the title.

Guest Shoreyo

I don't know the exact species of the cosmic silverback so I'll simply be calling him a monkey throughout.

I was really bored today and was browsing the avatar marketplace and seen the cosmic silver back avatar outfit and then seen the SR-71 pilot outfit, I noticed that they both have the same type of visor except the silver back's visor is broken. This made me think that the cosmic silver back used to be a human SR-71 pilot or an astronaut. Now obviously Russia did send monkeys to space but I'm almost 100% sure they didn't send monkeys that big to space. So the way I see it there are two possible reasons for his space suit and his size. 1: He used to be a small monkey that they sent to space and somehow grew to an unusual size. 2:He used to be a human astronaut who was transformed into how he is now. I'm leaning towards the second one, It might sound kind of silly but if you think about it doesn't dead people coming back to life sound silly too? Here's why I think he wasn't originally a small space monkey: His suit seems to large to be the one of small monkey even if his helmet is broken, he probably wouldn't even be wearing the suit anymore considering how small space monkeys normally are, he is closer to being the size of a man as you can tell by the DOA game over screen (he jumps on the character and makes him fly away but there is a delay and you can compare their size). One more thing, "The cosmic silver back has many brothers", you can go with the obvious, many different species of monkeys or it could mean there are many people on Earth, they are his brothers. While I don't have much evidence to back this up we still don't know much about him so anything's possible. Post your thoughts.

1. Treyach, as well as many other companies, reuse textures and models, its easier than making new ones which also take up our ram and memory pointlessly.

2. The fact that in Ascension the suits are the same as the silverbacks is also due to the fact they're both russian cold war space suits based on the real life versions, as the russians were the only ones to send animals into space the gorilla is wearing their suit.

3.He's a Gorilla, they're big monkeys basically :D

4. The brothers part refers to the fact when you kill him on DOA at round 40 theres a cutscene where annother cosmic silverback appears and knocks you back to the first island.

Sorry to kill your theory but fact is fact :P

Guest Wafflegun'N'syrup

If anyone noticed, on five in the war room on the board with SR-71 flight history, it says WRECKED RECOVERED. I have no idea if that has anything to do with it, but its a start. Someone should check the date and see if it can be linked to other dates.

The date was 5/24/63. I haven't read the other posts here, so I haven't a clue what I am proving/disproving. According to research, that is a test plane that failed due to stalling.