Deciphering the Truth

• Administrators

This thread will be where someone can post a topic one at a time and we can go through it and figure it out. For some of the older members, I apologize if this sounds at all similar to ARAS' "Ask me anything" threads because I promise you it is not, this for the difficult topics. We can discuss things like weapon creation, time periods, travelling from one map to another, etc., you get the idea.

My first topic to open up is the creation of the Thundergun. We know that Dr. Maxis made/help make it. But on the left hand side, there is Russian writing. It reads:

???????????

Now there is no such word in Russian, but we can assume that they meant ??????????????, which means "Warning". We know that there were scientists from other countries in 935, so could one have asked to put his countries writing on it? Or is it something more sinister, like the Russians stole the design?

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Blamco177

Seeing that element 115 was gathered from several locations, whether it was in Shi numa's Tunguska meteorite, Moon's deposits, and whatever Shangri la's mine can be called, it wouldn't be a surprise.

Seeing that everyone wants a technological advancement of some sort, multiple countries would easily set aside there differences for a larger goal.

Guest dion1234

well where do i start.hm it all started off during world war 2 and germany was on the brink of losing the war. although they had superior firepower and tanks, they were still outmanned by a 5 to 1 ratio. out of fear and desperation for the german war machine, hitler ordered the finest team of german scientists to come up with a way to turn the tide for germany. this confidential group known as group 935 composed as edward richtofen, dr. maxis and other scientists. they began to use the element known as ununpentium or "element 115" as some might call it. they began to experiment on dead german soldiers trying to make the ultimate soldier who is completely immune to bullet damage. their base known as der reise was the research center for this experiments. for their own safety they began experiments and immediately teleporting them to der reise and verrukt to test them. although the experiment was successful, there was only one small problem, the dead soldiers were extremely violent and would not listen often ending in their deaths. During an experiment, richtofen accidentally fell into the teleporter and it transported him to "verrukt" the zombie map from WaW. It was during this time where the americans were investigating the disappearances of people from berlin, particularly american soldiers. They sent an elite OSS spy named Peter Mccain to check things out. Peters' investigation led him to the zombie level "verrukt" another group 935 facility. Completely blind and misguided by the information given to him, Peter was caught by surprise by the zombies and was completely alone. He held off as much as he could but was eventually bitten by a zombie. He ran for his life throughout the asylum, but the zombies were relentless. his noticed the electroshock trap near the exit and went to activate it, right as he did his arm lost all nerve and was basically dead in his left arm. In order for the trap to work and for him to escape he had to cut it off. so peter severed his arm and fled verrukt. He knew he was turning when in his extraction plane so he jumped out and landed in shi no numa. But died as soon as he used his parachute. America sent another elite marine known as tank dempsey to verrukt to investigate and to see if peter was still alive. Unlike peter, tank was extremely clever and his himself inside a crack in the wall to prevent the zombies from seeing him. For 2 days he made observations on them and continued to radio back to his superiors, but the zombies caught onto him hiding and eventually went after him. Dempsey, armed with nothing but a pistol and a radio, held off the onslaught and wondered what happend in germany. Edward, who was monitoring dempsey the whole time took a liking to him. Richtofen knew he could not survive samanthas army of undead alone so he made plans to recruit tank to protect him. When tank made it to the control room of verrukt, he was hit in the head and knocked unconsciousness by richtofen. meanwhile at verrukt richtofen became mentally insane and began to have an interest for the undead soldiers. He made calculations and observations on the soldiers and eventually made his way back to der reise. When richtofen returned, maxis immediately saw the change in him and began to question his true motives. Edward recieved a morse code from the illuminati that he needs to kill dr maxis. From that day on, edward began plotting his plan to kill dr maxis and the rest of group 935. Then one day dr maxis and his daughter samantha (who was merely observing) were experimenting on the soldiers as usual when accidentally samanthas dog, fluffly ran into the teleporter. The teleporter activated and transformed her dog into a hellhound. Samantha and Maxis began to argue as to what happened to her dog. Richtofen saw this as a perfect moment and went into a hysterical laugh as he locked them both in the chamber and used the teleporter.they teleported to der reise along with the hellhound. Samantha who begged for her life died with the last image of richtofens smirk as the hell hound ripped them both to shreds. Somehow, she siezed control over the soldiers while maxis watched over her. As for the other members of group 935, who knew of richtofens plan didnt saw anything and was immediately killed for their betrayal. From then on, samantha, who didnt know what she was doing went into a rage and began hunting richtofen down. RIchtofen, who now released the zombies into der reise to kill everyone fled the scene with his two subjects nikolai and takeo. He decided to take the research into his own hands by testing on live subjects. Takeo and Nikolai who are now supersoldiers had their memory completely wiped out, suffered major side effects from element 115 among other things they had experimented on. Nikolai was unable to function without alcohol in his body and takeo was extremely quiet. Before Richtofen and his soldiers headed to shi no numa to flee from samantha, he went to pick up tank dempsey. for fear of being killed he used the three of them for his own protection. Samantha whos main target was richtofen, now had to target the other 3 as well now. msg me or send me a msg if u want to hear more

Guest TheSickTrickZ

well where do i start.hm it all started off during world war 2 and germany was on the brink of losing the war. although they had superior firepower and tanks, they were still outmanned by a 5 to 1 ratio. out of fear and desperation for the german war machine, hitler ordered the finest team of german scientists to come up with a way to turn the tide for germany. this confidential group known as group 935 composed as edward richtofen, dr. maxis and other scientists. they began to use the element known as ununpentium or "element 115" as some might call it. they began to experiment on dead german soldiers trying to make the ultimate soldier who is completely immune to bullet damage. their base known as der reise was the research center for this experiments. for their own safety they began experiments and immediately teleporting them to der reise and verrukt to test them. although the experiment was successful, there was only one small problem, the dead soldiers were extremely violent and would not listen often ending in their deaths. During an experiment, richtofen accidentally fell into the teleporter and it transported him to "verrukt" the zombie map from WaW. It was during this time where the americans were investigating the disappearances of people from berlin, particularly american soldiers. They sent an elite OSS spy named Peter Mccain to check things out. Peters' investigation led him to the zombie level "verrukt" another group 935 facility. Completely blind and misguided by the information given to him, Peter was caught by surprise by the zombies and was completely alone. He held off as much as he could but was eventually bitten by a zombie. He ran for his life throughout the asylum, but the zombies were relentless. his noticed the electroshock trap near the exit and went to activate it, right as he did his arm lost all nerve and was basically dead in his left arm. In order for the trap to work and for him to escape he had to cut it off. so peter severed his arm and fled verrukt. He knew he was turning when in his extraction plane so he jumped out and landed in shi no numa. But died as soon as he used his parachute. America sent another elite marine known as tank dempsey to verrukt to investigate and to see if peter was still alive. Unlike peter, tank was extremely clever and his himself inside a crack in the wall to prevent the zombies from seeing him. For 2 days he made observations on them and continued to radio back to his superiors, but the zombies caught onto him hiding and eventually went after him. Dempsey, armed with nothing but a pistol and a radio, held off the onslaught and wondered what happend in germany. Edward, who was monitoring dempsey the whole time took a liking to him. Richtofen knew he could not survive samanthas army of undead alone so he made plans to recruit tank to protect him. When tank made it to the control room of verrukt, he was hit in the head and knocked unconsciousness by richtofen. meanwhile at verrukt richtofen became mentally insane and began to have an interest for the undead soldiers. He made calculations and observations on the soldiers and eventually made his way back to der reise. When richtofen returned, maxis immediately saw the change in him and began to question his true motives. Edward recieved a morse code from the illuminati that he needs to kill dr maxis. From that day on, edward began plotting his plan to kill dr maxis and the rest of group 935. Then one day dr maxis and his daughter samantha (who was merely observing) were experimenting on the soldiers as usual when accidentally samanthas dog, fluffly ran into the teleporter. The teleporter activated and transformed her dog into a hellhound. Samantha and Maxis began to argue as to what happened to her dog. Richtofen saw this as a perfect moment and went into a hysterical laugh as he locked them both in the chamber and used the teleporter.they teleported to der reise along with the hellhound. Samantha who begged for her life died with the last image of richtofens smirk as the hell hound ripped them both to shreds. Somehow, she siezed control over the soldiers while maxis watched over her. As for the other members of group 935, who knew of richtofens plan didnt saw anything and was immediately killed for their betrayal. From then on, samantha, who didnt know what she was doing went into a rage and began hunting richtofen down. RIchtofen, who now released the zombies into der reise to kill everyone fled the scene with his two subjects nikolai and takeo. He decided to take the research into his own hands by testing on live subjects. Takeo and Nikolai who are now supersoldiers had their memory completely wiped out, suffered major side effects from element 115 among other things they had experimented on. Nikolai was unable to function without alcohol in his body and takeo was extremely quiet. Before Richtofen and his soldiers headed to shi no numa to flee from samantha, he went to pick up tank dempsey. for fear of being killed he used the three of them for his own protection. Samantha whos main target was richtofen, now had to target the other 3 as well now. msg me or send me a msg if u want to hear more

Dude, use some breaks. Reading this will break my brain.

@dion1234

hey man thats a great post but...

it has nothing to do with the thunder gun, or this thread

but on the topic of the thunder gun i have no idea how it was made but i think maxis made some deals with the Russians

why do i think this?

in ascension there is the base of a German teleporter, and in kino there is a gun with Russian writing on it, but im going to look into it some more

@dion1234

hey man thats a great post but...

it has nothing to do with the thunder gun, or this thread

but on the topic of the thunder gun i have no idea how it was made but i think maxis made some deals with the Russians

why do i think this?

in ascension there is the base of a German teleporter, and in kino there is a gun with Russian writing on it, but im going to look into it some more

I suppose that's possible, but I don't expect it because the Nazi's had just attacked the Russians in WWII so I don't think they would have made a deal with them.

Guest Wafflegun'N'syrup

mabye those 4 cylinder looking things are 115 containers, being labeled in russian because it was from a 115 deposit in russia? German gun, Russian 115. Or mabye some of the 115 is being obtained from russia, being used in other countries, mabye leading to proof of a large 115 deposit in russia... COtD probably. I'm guessing the things put in during reload are some sort of energy source, I doubt it can be powered by 115 alone.

The 4 cylinder's on the gun? I agree that they are 115 containers, and we can assume that there first supply of 115 is via Tunguska, in Russia. But I don't think that that qualifies to put the Russian on the gun, but I love the way your thinking keep it up. I think that someone wanted to have it on there, I mean why would a German scientist put Russian on his weapon?

Guest Royal Gambit

what if that its a new word that was created (the writing on the thundergun) derived from ?????????????? because of its properties...maybe

Guest strange-bow7

I think the more you look into this topic the harder it will be to understand the truth; so many variables and little pieces of 'evidence' only make it a worse affair. That being said, if you do a little research and apply some common sense, the truth can be made a bit more clear. Let's take a look at what we have...

First up, you are 100% correct, Maxis did have a big involvement with the Thundergun's development. I think probably the most obvious piece of evidence for this would be the quotes from Richtofen on Kino:

"So THIS is what Maxis was keeping from me!"

— After getting a Thundergun from Mystery Box.

I got this from COD wiki (but it's legit i've heard it before!!!!) and it pretty much speaks for itself. lol. On the Radio in Der Riese, the one in the underground passageway off of the Teleporter Room Z-C, Maxis talks about putting the DG-2 into mass production:

"As you know, early tests on the DG-2 have easily outperformed expectations and we fully anticipate mass producing the Wunderwaffe within the next few years. Work on the matter transference has however come to a standstill."

Now I know you're probably thinking this is irrelevant but it does show us, with the DG-2 ready for mass production, that Maxis could (and apparently did) begin working on a successor to the DG-2. We don't know how long after this message was broadcast our heroes arrived at Der Riese so the "next few years" gap could have closed substantially by then, meaning that a DG-3 prototype was more than likely well under way. Pointless info? Maybe! Further evidence that Maxis was involved? I think so...

One thing I do find odd though is that, given the first quote from Richtofen I used, he apparently didn't know what Maxis was working on yet other quotes when he gets the Thundergun have him saying:

"Could it be? The DG-3!"

"Could this be the DG-3, the DG-3 that is just for me?"

which to me say's that Richtofen knew that it existed and it's name. Strange?!

Anyway, back on topic - the Russian lettering. What's up with that?!

Proving Maxis was involved was/is easy. In fact you probably all knew it already! But figuring out the Russian involvement is a whole 'nother ball game!!

I'd say that after Der Riese was contained, the war finished and the Allies occupied Germany, the Russians grabbed whatever they could get their hands on and in the process came across Maxi's plans for a DG-2 follow up. Seeing the potential for a 'Super-Weapon' they began work on it to build it as their own.

"(STATIC) I can assure you that our craft will be far superior to whatever the Americans... or should I say, Canadians (heh) are developing. Finally, Project Thunder is nearing completion. My staff has assured me that the remaining limitations of the effective range and power cells will be solved within the next few months -

This is off of one of the AScension radios and makes mention of a Project Thunder which, to me, indicates that they were indeed building the Thundergun - This and the 'Russian' lettering on the gun.

So, it's pretty simple: Maxis designs the Thundergun, dies and then the Russians finish it.

Guest Wafflegun'N'syrup

I think the more you look into this topic the harder it will be to understand the truth; so many variables and little pieces of 'evidence' only make it a worse affair. That being said, if you do a little research and apply some common sense, the truth can be made a bit more clear. Let's take a look at what we have...

First up, you are 100% correct, Maxis did have a big involvement with the Thundergun's development. I think probably the most obvious piece of evidence for this would be the quotes from Richtofen on Kino:

"So THIS is what Maxis was keeping from me!"

I got this from COD wiki (but it's legit i've heard it before!!!!) and it pretty much speaks for itself. lol. On the Radio in Der Riese, the one in the underground passageway off of the Teleporter Room Z-C, Maxis talks about putting the DG-2 into mass production:

"As you know, early tests on the DG-2 have easily outperformed expectations and we fully anticipate mass producing the Wunderwaffe within the next few years. Work on the matter transference has however come to a standstill."

Now I know you're probably thinking this is irrelevant but it does show us, with the DG-2 ready for mass production, that Maxis could (and apparently did) begin working on a successor to the DG-2. We don't know how long after this message was broadcast our heroes arrived at Der Riese so the "next few years" gap could have closed substantially by then, meaning that a DG-3 prototype was more than likely well under way. Pointless info? Maybe! Further evidence that Maxis was involved? I think so...

One thing I do find odd though is that, given the first quote from Richtofen I used, he apparently didn't know what Maxis was working on yet other quotes when he gets the Thundergun have him saying:

"Could it be? The DG-3!"

"Could this be the DG-3, the DG-3 that is just for me?"

which to me say's that Richtofen knew that it existed and it's name. Strange?!

Anyway, back on topic - the Russian lettering. What's up with that?!

Proving Maxis was involved was/is easy. In fact you probably all knew it already! But figuring out the Russian involvement is a whole 'nother ball game!!

I'd say that after Der Riese was contained, the war finished and the Allies occupied Germany, the Russians grabbed whatever they could get their hands on and in the process came across Maxi's plans for a DG-2 follow up. Seeing the potential for a 'Super-Weapon' they began work on it to build it as their own.

"(STATIC) I can assure you that our craft will be far superior to whatever the Americans... or should I say, Canadians (heh) are developing. Finally, Project Thunder is nearing completion. My staff has assured me that the remaining limitations of the effective range and power cells will be solved within the next few months -

This is off of one of the AScension radios and makes mention of a Project Thunder which, to me, indicates that they were indeed building the Thundergun - This and the 'Russian' lettering on the gun.

So, it's pretty simple: Maxis designs the Thundergun, dies and then the Russians finish it.

[brains] nice dude. I'd like to discuss the origins of nova crawlers. I believe that the were created using monkeys, seeing it is like the rebirth labs, where in campaign, there were monkeys, where they tested/ worked on Nova 6. plus they physically look like monkeys. I don't think this is related, but on the der riese map, there is an "Animal Testing Lab" which I'm wondering what else they worked on besides dogs. Anyways I'm pretty sure nova crawlers were created in that lab. An thoughts?

Guest strange-bow7

[brains] nice dude. I'd like to discuss the origins of nova crawlers. I believe that the were created using monkeys' date=' seeing it is like the rebirth labs, where in campaign, there were monkeys, where they tested/ worked on Nova 6. plus they physically look like monkeys. I don't think this is related, but on the der riese map, there is an "Animal Testing Lab" which I'm wondering what else they worked on besides dogs. Anyways I'm pretty sure nova crawlers were created in that lab. An thoughts?[/quote']

Thanx dude, cool....

Nova Crawlers you say?!

Damn, they are a bit of a mystery arent they?!?!

I've heard Monkey's before but I'm not too sure, I'm not saying it isn't true but there are certain elements and pieces of evidence that say they are not monkeys. First of all, they have no tails! Also I have to respectfully disagree with you and say their ears and proportion point towards a more human structure compared to your typical 'Lab Monkey'!

Crawler-Party_lrg.jpgmonkey-lab.jpg

There is also the size factor, the Nova crawlers are just big enough to qualify for human size and a little too big to be a monkey. Like I said though, they could be monkeys, nothing is concrete!

I'd have to put my money on them being human though, well, just about!!

Whatever they are though I think the question shouldn't be what are they? but What happened to them to become how they are?

Genetic splicing? Surgery? Deformation from Nova gas? Or something supernatural? After all, why do they possess the ability to teleport in the vacuum of space?...

Guest HammerFace

after WWII didn't Germany get split up among the western powers and soviet union? so the russians could've found the documents detailing the plans for the thundergun while it was under their power trying to get an edge over the United States in the Cold War. Also I think the Nova Crawlers are human as hey wear clothing similar to jeans. So maybe while 935 was working on perfecting the zombification process they added the gas into the process or the key components of the gas and this caused a mutation to occur but it perfected their ability to follow orders hence mass production of them. But they could easily be monkeys. Sorry if this has been posted already didn't read the all.the posts throughly.

Guest Wafflegun'N'syrup

Anyone notice the barrel things on the stage in kino? It seems there are either humans or monkeys in there, and I think it could be related somehow. Maybe they are something sent possibly from another map. Actually I doubt that, unless it was sent from Der Riese, because the theater was ment to present Maxis' research/ creations. It had to be from Der Riese, if anywhere. It had to be something Maxis was working on otherwise it would have no reason for being there.

Guest strange-bow7

after WWII didn't Germany get split up among the western powers and soviet union? so the russians could've found the documents detailing the plans for the thundergun while it was under their power trying to get an edge over the United States in the Cold War.

I actually posted on a topic quite recently detailing the real location of Kino within Berlin. I found something interesting in the process:

Berlin was cut into sections, each of the Allies had a section each. Kino Der Toten was actually in the British sector and not the Russians.

That's not to say that the Russians never found the plans, but they never had control of the area where Kino was...

I know this goes against what you have just said and I said in my previous post but I think that it's an interesting piece of info nonetheless.

I have been gone too long haha. Anyways I'm starting at all the posts after mine so here we go:

To strange-bow7: To your DG-3 quotes, I don't believe that he knew he was working on it. I think he picked it up and realized that this IS the DG-3 if that makes sense. Like he wasn't aware Maxis was creating one, but when he saw it he knew what it was immediately. As for Project Thunder, that's an anti-gravitational device like Die Glocke not the thunder gun I believe. Because in the Ascension radios, as you point out, they mention the Canadians. At the time that I believe these radios to take place, the Canadians were building the Avrocar, an anti-gravity device.

To All: As for the crawlers, seeing as they are wearing shorts, I'm pretty sure they are children of some sort. I am aware that many of you pointed this out, I just wanted to throw my opinion in there.

To strange-bow7: I don't think we can be certain if it was on the British side. I will go a bit more in depth of what you stated. After all the sh*t went down, Berlin was divided into 4 sectors. Russian, American, French, and British. The entire East side was given to Russia, and the west side was split up among the 3 remaining countries. Not while I agree that it was not on the Russian side, I can't be certain it was in the British sector. Sorry to be nit-picky, just thought I'd point it out. :D

Guest HammerFace

after WWII didn't Germany get split up among the western powers and soviet union? so the russians could've found the documents detailing the plans for the thundergun while it was under their power trying to get an edge over the United States in the Cold War.

I actually posted on a topic quite recently detailing the real location of Kino within Berlin. I found something interesting in the process:

Berlin was cut into sections, each of the Allies had a section each. Kino Der Toten was actually in the British sector and not the Russians.

That's not to say that the Russians never found the plans, but they never had control of the area where Kino was...

I know this goes against what you have just said and I said in my previous post but I think that it's an interesting piece of info nonetheless.

oh no I wasn't saying that they had kino under their control, but maybe because an original thundergun was made with 935 it made its way into the box and as its further became upgraded so did the one existing in the box. Still showing it's 935 roots by appearing in Kino but showing its new home by.appearing in.Ascension.

• 1 month later...
Guest dion1234

this is the second part to my first reply.

we first left off at richtofen leaving der reise and releasing all of the zombies there, killing every single employee in the process. Richtofen, now comfirmed mentally psychotic escapes with dempsey, takeo, and nikolai. Each of these soldiers were taken out of the war for their outstanding effort but were captured by german forces and were held captive until Dr. edward requested live subjects instead of dead ones. Little to Richtofens knowing, he himself was a test subject of 115, his was a more thourough experiment. The more insane he became the more the 115 in his body became active and the more attached he became to samamtha. Now atthis point i bet a good portion of you are lookinf at the screen like "huh"/ Let me explain., element 115 is the only connection that samantha has to the zombies and without it will render her powerless. Nobody knows this but richtofen. So he took extra precautions by working on a weapon with another 935 scientist known as travis porter and designed a weapon with such capabilities. Familiar to everyone "the ray gun" is one of the most effective weapons against the zombie horde. it kills them faster because it has a cancellation feature, think of it as a positive and negative charge coming together and then neutralizing. Now that that subject is out of the way, The four elite soldiers that were assigned to checking out the mysterious disappearances are dead, long before peter even showed up and peter himself is dead. Richtofen is terrified of samantha as now he thinks he will be killed along with his 3 "teammates", they now arrive at shi no numa. now let me remind you all that samantha is a child and she controls everything. She makes them fight for their lives but makes it a game at the same time, the reason for that is the point system, the perks and the mystery box. While Dempsey, takeo, and nikolai wonder where they are and whats going on, richtofen contemplates a plan to ensure his own survival. Dr Richtofen is an excellent psychologist and explains to all of them that they are the very few humans left on the earth and they have to fight to survive. Dempsey was not the smartest of guys, but he always wanted an explanation for everything that Richtofen did. After a while Richtofen did not like Dempsey's constant nagging which is why he always sounds annoyed when talking to or about dempsey.Before any of them can question richtofen, the zombies come and the first wave of samanthas army begins. While fighting the zombies, Richtofen is having the time of his life killing them, as he a murderous sociopath. The other 3 are scared and barely hanging on. According to richtofen, there is a small space station located on the moon that is a very powerful source of element 115 and it may be where samantha is controlling them. There is only one way in and out of that station... the teleporter. Though the teleporter can transport him to anywhere in germany, he needed more power and a few modifications to allow him to transport him anywhere. In shi no numa, Richtofen aquired the wunderwaffe DG-2 of "wonderwaffle" and decided that going back to der reise was his only option. The teleporter mainframe was there and he needed it to get to other places. So the team left shi no numa and headed to der reise.. if you have any questions or would like me to continue plz msg me on facebook @ Dion lattimore or email me at [email protected]