Crowd-sourced Revive Strategies

Guest Scavs

Wanted to loop in as much material under a single thread, so help out, please. Reviving players is not only a necessity but also can be difficult and fun.

First off, if you are downed don't angrily kill everyone who took you down.with your mustang and sally's-guard your reviver, much more helpful.

If you are trying to pick someone up, wait for their zombies to start down a path, then choose the other easier path, and tear through any other zombies spawning by M&Sing them to hell. Though many shouldn't spawn since everyone alive should quit killing ghouls.

And then there are monkeys and black holes, useful, but strategically have their own uses, hopefully others can add to this discussion via techniques and map strategy.

Hope this will help people think of new ways to approach their gameplay and possibly not mean when I go down the game is over. Also there's the whole "how to come back" strats.

I think quick revive is under-rated, for such a cheap perk it will pay for itself many times over. Nobody should be playing a long game and not plan on getting QR. Then comes dedicated-healers. Some defib knives and monkeys, and with some good communication suddenly your everybody's favorite teammate. I had a friend who says for every practical guy there has to be the opposite, a combustible player, whose activity will get them in trouble, though their wild card status makes it worth having to pick them up every so often. I don't know if that's right, but we definitely have situations where if one really wants to consider oneself the "practical" zombie player you ought to get some defib knives and some tactical grenades.

The knives aren't easy though, often the level has spots where you can shoot another downed player and get nowhere near them. However, aim, nothing worse than getting downed and the guy trying to pick you up shoots a knife, misses, and just runs off.

Though the big thing to remember, when someone goes down, they lose resources, and this game is about making it to the higher rounds by conting the output of your resources. Some people hold of on upgrading entirely because if they go down, they want to still have points to get themselves back. But, when gaming think of your team, you have somebody doing laps, do you think they're an amazing player, because if the reason you feel the strat you run is working is that they have great skill, you are going to be disappointed. Even if your teammate is good, you don't expect them to not get dropped.

Guest way2g00

Thanks for posting, most of the stuff you posted about reviving and being revived is already there on most strategy guides posted by people on codz but I appreciate it.

Anyways coming back to Quick revive, I agree it is so under rated even good players tend to ignore it. I think it is based on maps and people you play with. If I know some one is better than me I still wait for my 4th perk slot to see how their day is going, if they struggle to keep up that match, i buy it right away.

My standard perks are : Jug, PHD Flopper, Stamin up and Quick revive

I substitute Stamin up and quick revive with speed cola sometimes in easy maps like ascension/moon where you can just use a gersch device and there is so much room to divert the horde.

Why PHD Flopper, I roll with Mustang and sally because I don't like getting cornered and its fast to switch.

Guest ChopperNator

Anyways coming back to Quick revive, I agree it is so under rated even good players tend to ignore it. I think it is based on maps and people you play with. If I know some one is better than me I still wait for my 4th perk slot to see how their day is going, if they struggle to keep up that match, i buy it right away.

This is so true! I buy it when Way or Eye are having nightmares....Way tends to buy it when I am!!!

Guest Rissole25

I'm usually always the reviver of the team. Usually always get it after Jug and depending on the situation, PhD.

However, I just plain suck with Krauss. I'm not the best at multiplayer, so I'm not a good aim with it. Pressure included I suck even more! I want to learn to be good with it, so I can include it as a 3rd weapon with MK, and not have to worry about QR. I know you're meant to aim above the target because it arcs downwards, but still, I've only been able to hit people with it when I'm right up to them, not far away.

Anywho, it's usually always a staple perk of mine. It's great if you don't have any Monkey Bombs, Gersch Devices, Wonder Weapons, Traps, etc.

Guest Superhands

Good to see a topic specifically about reviving, a very important thing if you plan on going far.

I think the main things to keep in mind are that, firstly, everyone should stop killing unnecessarily i.e. only kill zombies that block your path.

Secondly, don't throw monkeys/Gersch devices too early. Throw them near the downed teammate. If you're going for a cross-map revive, throwing them too early could cause zombies to start spawning all over you as you make your way to your teammate or when reviving.

Last but definately not least, communicate. To get the best result, the downed teammate needs to let everyone know where they are and the team should decide on 1 teammate, pideally the closest, to go and revive. I've lost count of the amount of times where I've said to the team I'll go revive, then when I get there I find someone else approaching the downed teammate, with a horde of zombies behind them like myself. Of course neither of us can turn back on tighter maps or tight areas, so if you can't blast your way out of trouble then that's another 2 players down, which in a 3 player game would of course mean game over.

• 1 month later...
Guest iB Proto

What I think the most important thing for reviving somebody is using the double tap trick; where you can pull out your weapon and shoot while reviving, this can honestly save the game multiple times in tight situations.

Other then that, don't rely on Monkey Bombs/Awful Lawton/Gersh Devices that much because they sometimes WILL screw you over.

Guest ChopperNator

What I think the most important thing for reviving somebody is using the double tap trick; where you can pull out your weapon and shoot while reviving, this can honestly save the game multiple times in tight situations.

Other then that, don't rely on Monkey Bombs/Awful Lawton/Gersh Devices that much because they sometimes WILL screw you over.

I gotta totally disagree with most of this mate. It's much better to hoard all zombies first and then run to do the revive. If you have quick revive you only need a couple of seconds.....most of the time when people try and pull out their weapon they will move their aim somewhat which will cancel the revive. Very rarely it may be helpful but most of the time it's Hollywood. Most good players are going to be down with M&S or Ray Gun....let them protect you if necessary.

And Monkeys/Gersch screwing you over? I don't understand this at all. The only time they screw you over is if you throw them too early. Don't throw them until you are close to the player and they are a Godsend.

Guest Rissole25

This. Although I wouldn't say they will. There's only the slightest chance they can. Monkey's/Gersch's can glitch and not activate/fall through the map because of the angle they hit the ground. The Awful Lawton can just completely fail and keep the zombies around you, making it impossible to escape. This can kinda happen with Monkey's, except they just stand in place and do nothing. This can happen to most skilled players.

Although there is only a very little chance that could happen, so I would still rely on them.