The Importance of The Spleen

Guest Tac

We've all heard the quotes by Richtofen, and even Sam, about the spleen. Richtofen needs to get past the trust barrier and aims for the spleen. Now after a little research, the ancients of our world believed that all your anger was stored in your spleen. The common day expression "venting your spleen" means to release your anger. The word "splenetic" describes a person in a foul mood. So I think that Richtofen might have believed this, so he went for their spleen so he could get all their anger out of the way so the zombies could trust them. That is just a theory I came up with, feel free to criticize!

When richtofen got whisked off to Shangri-La, he undoubtedly learned of a few archaic medicinal strategies from the native population. It would make sense that they would have taught Richtofen this to help calm the voices in his head. Ultimately, this hospitality my have lead to their undoing, blindingly worshiping him as a God-King and building him a pyramid to return to Der Riese.

As Richtofen's voices grew more and more violent, he then began his signature habit of eating spleens to gain their anger and strength... What a freak....

When richtofen got whisked off to Shangri-La, he undoubtedly learned of a few archaic medicinal strategies from the native population. It would make sense that they would have taught Richtofen this to help calm the voices in his head. Ultimately, this hospitality my have lead to their undoing, blindingly worshiping him as a God-King and building him a pyramid to return to Der Riese.

As Richtofen's voices grew more and more violent, he then began his signature habit of eating spleens to gain their anger and strength... What a freak....

Haha you think he ate them? That would be incredibly creepy :?

Guest MixMasterNut

Honestly Faust, I don't understand how you come up with some of this stuff. That's pretty far fetched

Various Richtofen quotes about spleens prove as backup. Plus on of his most disturbing quotes in WaW when getting the flamethrower.

"First, I shall cook them. THEN I SHALL EAT THEM!"

Guest Shooter

wrote:Log entry 1471

Date: September 2nd, 1945.

Deeeear diary,

Another day, another failure. This time subject N3WB just slightly improved. The Russian subject still smells like urine. even after? he was given a bath and deloused TWICE. I think i might have killed the specimen from Mexico. His spleen is on the floor and and he's not moving anymore. I can verify with certainty that the barrier is not located in the spleen. Dr Maxis must continue no matter the cost. I wonder what he might think? of the experiments on the little girl.

*Monkey screech*

NIEN!!! drop that! That's my Spleen! MINE!

Call of the Dead Radio 2 wrote:Log Entry 1472

Date: September 10th, 1945.

There's definately a reason he wanted to keep the Mexican's spleen. He gets all pissed when the monkey tries to take it. Perhaps Ed was saving himself a snack for later? :lol:

Guest MixMasterNut

Various Richtofen quotes about spleens prove as backup. Plus on of his most disturbing quotes in WaW when getting the flamethrower.

"First, I shall cook them. THEN I SHALL EAT THEM!"

I understand he has LOTS of quotes to do with spleens. Enough so, that it can be easily assumed he has a fetish for them.

But he never says anything about eating the spleens. Just because he makes a comment about cooking and eating zombies, doesn't mean he wants to eat the spleen too.

For example, I like chicken. But that doesn't mean when I cook chicken I eat the spleen as well.

I'd assume Richtofen would eat the zombie and keep the spleen.

Guest Zombieofthedead

I'm still thinking it's just that he like spleens and hes a crazy nazi doctor. All this crazy talk of eating the spleens is just... crazy. I don't think it's really important, but good post tac.

I'm still thinking it's just that he like spleens and hes a crazy nazi doctor. All this crazy talk of eating the spleens is just... crazy. I don't think it's really important, but good post tac.

Thanks bud, I appreciate it!

Guest killallzombies

*looks at your sig then looks at his avatar*

why u be hatin

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:( :(

Guest Zombieofthedead

*looks at your sig then looks at his avatar*

why u be hatin

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

That's... not relevant to the topic. Besides, I'm not really hating, just getting sick of it.

Guest Shooter

We've all heard the quotes by Richtofen, and even Sam, about the spleen...
When does sam talk about the spleen?

"Ding! Snacks ready! Who wants spleen?"

— Killing a zombie with the Wave Gun

There's another one I've heard her say before too as well.

• 3 weeks later...

I get it's the Solar Plexus Chakra, but do you care to go a bit more in-depth about it? We know that they say that the Spleen holds the anger of a person. but what does that picture represent?

Guest MixMasterNut

Sorry, if that was a bit random. I'll try to explain my post of the Chakra better...

Maybe it belongs in a different thread, but I thought it fit under the Subject "The Importance of the Spleen".

It doesn't have anything to do with stored anger. It's a completely separate philosophy on the importance of the spleen all together.

According to the Chakra, all your life's energies are stored within the Spleen.

chakras.gif

The Chakra is followed in Hinduism and Buddhism. The Tibetan Monks, who are said to be guarding the entrance to Shangri la, believe in the Chakra.

More info about the Chakra can be found here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chakra

And just as a FYI, I'm not trying to discredit, or disprove your theory about anger being stored in the spleen. This is just another take on the importance of the spleen. I believe there is a multitude of different mythologies, and religious philosophies incorporated into the zombie story line. Take it with a grain of salt.

Guest Shoreyo

Well there was a post a whiel back where someone claimed the statium shown in the GKnova6 videos meant that Boston was going to be nuked and the campaign would be based around the film, sum of all fears. Even though the film has Baltimore being nuked, the poster of the thread claimed that as Baltimore began with a B it must be true.

That was borderline strange but then a rumor that Morgan Freeman would be in the game due to this thread (as he was in the film Sum of All Fears) appeared, thank goodness not in this site, but around some forums and CoD wiki.

And then there was the ebola fiasco... :facepalm:

Fair enough, although I'd classify those more as people researching and going to far off topic, but I suppose they are similar. I just wanted to get to the bottom of all this spleen talk since it's in quotes, radios, etc.