My thoughts for after Moon

Yeah exactly. The only time travel is Ascension :arrow: CoTD, which I believe wasn't even with a teleporter, and Der Riese :arrow: Kino. So the latter is the only via pure teleportation IMO. We have truly no evidence that from CoTD all the way to Moon has ANY time travel in it.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest aegisknight

I postulate that Richtofen is a hero and Maxis a villan. The undead army is Maxis's creation, and he wanted control over it. He has since gained control and has attempted to stop Richtofen's grand scheme. I do not believe Richtofen's plan was to engulf earth in 935, but Maxis's, turning great swathes of people unto zombies which he could then control.

This would make both Sam and Richtofen allies, attempting to thwart Maxis's scheme for global domination. The Moon radios show him trying to play down his sins to Sam when she finds out, but her being engulfed in the aether and attempting to destroy all of 935 shows that she doesn't seem to forgive him. Richtofen also seems to be against Maxis in this context; both the Moon and Der Reise radios show that Richtofen was working for the good of humanity when Maxis turned things to weapons production and zombie manufacturing, away from 935's original goals.

This would throw us a bit of a curve ball as followers of the story, since it would mean that Sam was trying to help our heros, but not necessarily richtofen, this whole time. The zombies themselves would have been controlled by Maxis attempting to stop Richtofen at every turn, but the mystery box and powerups were gifts from Sam, who was trying to stop her father.

Upon switching bodies with Sam, Richtofen was able to gain access to the aether and attempt to use its power to twart Maxis further, with sam switching into his body. Maxis knew that this would ultimately mean his zombie armies had failed, which is why he put in place the failsafe missiles on Griffin Station which would create him a zombie army of the entire enslaved planet.

Guest HammerFace

Why would the zombies still be attacking us if they were under rictofens control and he was the good guy? Also you say engulf the earth in 935 do you meann 115? also why would he want to create an army of zombies if richtofen has control of them?

I tried to read your post aegisknight but it was a lil long so I skimmed. so if you mentioned that maxis had control the whole time then I didn't see it. but then why would the eye glow of the zombies change and the demonic announcer change after richtofen switched bodies? I would assume this means richtofen controls them, not maxis

Right off the bat, I'm going to have to disagree with you saying that Richtofen is a good guy, I say he's bad. In my opinion, Sam was hating them forever and then started to realize that she hated this in Ascension, so she started to help them but still not like them. As for Maxis, I say he pretended to be good and is actually the antichrist :twisted:

Guest Rissole25

Wouldn't it be cool if in someway we could play as 935 members? Porter, Harvey Yena, Schuster and Groph? Seems impossible, but I think it would awesome to see more of 935 and what they actually looked like. Could take place right after the outbreak in Der Riese, or whenever. Fighting off Maxis and/or Richtofen.

I like the idea of Maxis and Richtofen fighting each other. They could even make it better if them fighting (during a map) affected the game, so certain things would occur because of it. For the EE, they could even make it a choose your ending thing. Help Richtofen, or Help Maxis. Both would have different consequences and endings I suppose.

Guest HammerFace

oh no, the another planet theories are emerging. My worst nightmare. Why don't we play on counter earth? Its still earth, but things are different, like the history, and the peolle. It would explain the two earths being visible. and it would give treyarch the freedom to rewrite history, and continue with our game.

time travel must cease happening.

oh no, the another planet theories are emerging. My worst nightmare. Why don't we play on counter earth? Its still earth, but things are different, like the history, and the peolle. It would explain the two earths being visible. and it would give treyarch the freedom to rewrite history, and continue with our game.

Make a thread on that and elaborate, I really like it

Guest piepwns

What if the exposure to 115 has made Richtofen do crazy things uncontrollably?

Like, he's high off 115? :lol: Anyways, maybe if he isn't exposed to 115 for a while, he will regain full consciousness/control and won't be going all "I will destroy everyone and take their spleens" on us.

Guest MyLittleHellhound

Like a bunch of others said, perhaps we will switch characters that are on earth at the time, and see the world get completely destroyed (almost) kinda like the Modern Warfare 2 White House battle.

Ok sorry need to organize ok here it goes.

Your some dude fightning witha bunch of others, US, British, military, idk what ethnicities right now, and then you see this huge missle and it comes and explodes near you. End of cutscene- you wake up and All of your allies are dead and there are crashed helis and stuff everywhere then zombies start coming off the horizon and then you start playing.?

Guest HammerFace

Sure thing boss.

Sure thing boss.

xD I didn't mean to come off as demanding, lol if I did sorry, but really, that's a great idea.

Guest HammerFace

Sure thing boss.

xD I didn't mean to come off as demanding, lol if I did sorry, but really, that's a great idea.

oh dont worry you didnt, its just something i say every now and then.

i think it can go in 2 directions from here..... a even more post apocalyptic setting on the semi destroyed earth (which would be cool) or futher into space which could be a epic fail but will probably still kick ass.

Guest Rissole25

Counter-Earth, or another dimension would help explain Kino. Though I kinda don't like the idea of it going to a different dimenson than just switching back. Though I'm sure Treyarch could make it work. Just take a look at Zelda.

I'm hoping Samantha's voice returns to normal after a while. Her voice becomes so annoying and irritating after hearing it for a while. I also hate Richtofen's new voice, but it ain't gonna change.

If we do return with our gang in the next map, do you think Treyarch will leave us in the dark again? Like just start the map off completely with no explanation as how they got there, kinda like Kino to Ascension?

I think they will. I think that the entire story is in front of us with all the maps, we just have to figure them out. Like I'm sure there are tiny clues or something, but that is debatable. I'm just hoping they give us a huge Easter Egg in the first map, but I don't think they will.

Guest Rissole25

I think they will. I think that the entire story is in front of us with all the maps, we just have to figure them out. Like I'm sure there are tiny clues or something, but that is debatable. I'm just hoping they give us a huge Easter Egg in the first map, but I don't think they will.

I'm kinda hoping they don't. Or not a major huge one that takes forever. It kinda seems like zombies is all about the story now and not the gameplay IMO. It'd be nice to get back to the roots of zombies. Something like Shi No or Der Riese, with little backstory and easter eggs, but killer maps and great features in it. Or even something like Nacht or Verruckt, where no backstory was involved when it was made.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Der atzi

Why would the zombies still be attacking us if they were under rictofens control and he was the good guy? Also you say engulf the earth in 935 do you meann 115? also why would he want to create an army of zombies if richtofen has control of them?

I tried to read your post aegisknight but it was a lil long so I skimmed. so if you mentioned that maxis had control the whole time then I didn't see it. but then why would the eye glow of the zombies change and the demonic announcer change after richtofen switched bodies? I would assume this means richtofen controls them, not maxis

Richtofen's control over the zombies was lost when you blew up the atmosphere, kind of like destroying an Internet router

Guest Der atzi

I'm kinda hoping they don't. Or not a major huge one that takes forever. It kinda seems like zombies is all about the story now and not the gameplay IMO. It'd be nice to get back to the roots of zombies. Something like Shi No or Der Riese, with little backstory and easter eggs, but killer maps and great features in it. Or even something like Nacht or Verruckt, where no backstory was involved when it was made.

You don't have to do the storyline, but it does persuade you to compete the easteregg for all the perks at once. I did it once and I was BEASTING! (moon)

Guest Der atzi

What if the exposure to 115 has made Richtofen do crazy things uncontrollably?

Like, he's high off 115? :lol: Anyways, maybe if he isn't exposed to 115 for a while, he will regain full consciousness/control and won't be going all "I will destroy everyone and take their spleens" on us.

no it's not 115 it's the aliens or something else that he found in his travels trough the teleporter (moon radio) he also gets these "voices" in his head after his travels I find that odd and menacing. Perhaps the aliens brain washed him to do things, I think they might have done the same to dr. Maxis too.....
Guest deathb4di2h0nor

First off the earth is not destroyed, not sure what happened to it, but i think it just changed. All of the zombies eyes start glowing blue, leading me to believe we now have a definite starting point as far as time travel in the story. (before big bang and after) Jimmy Z already said Moon was set to accually be Paris but they changed it for an epic finale to the game. I have a feeling when we start up COD 9 we will have new characters for reasons stated above. Also I think the state of the zombies will remain the same from Moon.

Paris might not make for much of a finale but it could potentially make one heck of a beginner. Who knows maybe the bombs we set off that changed the zombies could be what makes them smarter and ups the AI.