NII-88, The Soviet Headstart

Guest liltaz23

Guest liltaz23

NII-88 was the first Soviet spacecraft engineering group involved in the space race. It was founded by Dmitry Ustinov on May 13, 1946. Its original area of operation was Podlipsky, which is just north of Moscow. Ustinov began work on spacecraft, dividing his newly created group into sections.

For example, he appointed Sergey Korolov head of section 3: Long-Ranged Missiles. This section eventually became it's own group, (OKB-1) which was devoted to just what the section was previously devoted to. Missiles. Could it be possible that the soviets launched the Ascension rocket, not as a rocket, but as a missile to destroy the infection on the moon? I'm not sure if this is true or not.

There was another branch I found suspicious, also.

Branch 1, located on Gorodomlya Island, began work to help Russia the Space Race in 1946.This branch was the one headed by Germans, and before this, it was a test site used to test pathogens. Among these were "Foot-and-Mouth Disease."

"Foot-and-mouth disease or hoof-and-mouth disease (Aphtae epizooticae) is an infectious and sometimes fatal viral disease that affects cloven-hoofed animals, including domestic and wild bovids. The virus causes a high fever for two or three days, followed by blisters inside the mouth and on the feet that may rupture and cause lameness."

Wikipedia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foot-and-mouth_disease

This sounds to me like the people laying on the tables on "Five." Maybe the remaining Nazis, after the fall of the Reich, decided to continue on the work of 935, and work undercover in Branch 1 in an attempt to gain revenge with their mighty zombie horde. Maybe not. Just theorizing here.

This disease may have also been able to be used against the undead to cause the same afflictions it causes to animals.

This is probably the shortest big post ever, but I plan to add on to it.

Special thanks to Faust for giving me a topic to research.

EDIT: Had more to add. Couldn't stay away from CoDz...

Glad to see you followed up on that lead I sent you. I'd love to help you out here, but I want to see what the next generation on CoDz can do before I give you guess a hand... Which I will repost as an asylum topic. I just figured that it would be benifical to see if anyone could work the story from an angle I had not previously considered. ;)

Ofcourse, anything special anyone finds here would be given full credit! :D

ATM though, I have an agreement with TacInsrt and Mac not to post anything too outragous. :|

Guest Monopoly Mac

That face bugs me... sorry if were annoying you or anything but we have or had a mega thread coming up... I'm waiting on Tac for his part of the thread but he has been MIA for a week now...

Is this better?

Glad to see you followed up on that lead I sent you. I'd love to help you out here, but I want to see what the next generation on CoDz can do before I give you guess a hand... Which I will repost as an asylum topic. I just figured that it would be benifical to see if anyone could work the story from an angle I had not previously considered. ;)

Ofcourse, anything special anyone finds here would be given full credit! :D

ATM though, I have an agreement with TacInsrt and Mac not to post anything too outragous.

mlp-meme-generator-have-tuba-will-travel-66dc12.jpg

Guest liltaz23

So, although this thread is factual so far (I cant edit posts on my phone, so this is a reply, to be merged later) I have a theory. Any U.S. Residents remember NASA launching a missile at the moon to check for water? What if the Soviets launched a missile at the moon to check for 115? Or maybe even the German section of NII-88? Anyone agree? Sorry to interrupt the conversation of 2 of the members I respect the most. ;^)

Hum. Great thinking!

They may have even launched it at the moon at an attempt to destroy the base and take the zombies with it. To my knowledge, NII-88 was Area 51's communist doppleganger. Both developed their own versions of the Horten wing jet fighter, later to become the MiG and the Sabre. BOth conducted rocket testing, and bother were next to massive nuclear test facilities. If we want to know more, I'd say start looking into the area around NII-88.

Guest liltaz23

Have you ever seen Tac's topic about the time and place of each zombie map? Because what you said got me thinking. In his post , he says Ascension takes place in the same Cosmodrome as the campaign. However, it could have taken place at Podlipki, the "Russian doppelganger of Area 51." Is it possible we already visited Area 51?

Oh yeah, here's a bit of background about Sergei Korolev:

He is considered the father of practical astronautics, and a colonel in the Red Army. During WW2, he was promoted to the head of Section 3 in NII-88 for his work on analyzing the V-2. Eventually, he formed his own "spin-off" group, based on this section, OKB-3. Korolev was a big part in sending the first man into Earth's orbit.

More Stuff coming soon...

• 2 months later...
Guest Strwrsbob

NII-88 is also rumored to be the source of the roswell incident, citing that the Russians took Josef Mengle (Despite the evidence he fled to south America) to their base, in which he created child-like mutants, put them in a flying saucer, and sent them over American in an effort to create a scare similar to the War of the Worlds incident.