Character Profiles.

How is it not German related? I mean they created it, worked on Die Glocke for Germany, asked the Riechstag for funding, had a majority of their complexes in Germany. I mean Maxis sound German, Richtofen is from Germany, I mean it seems like a lot of work to say it's not German ya know?

@MurderMachineX

Yup they do, the mods/dwellers have to approve it. It's not that hard to get into the Asylum though. As long as the theory isn't trash or use excessive language you should be good to get in.

Guest aegisknight

Well the Moon Radios specifically state the Nazis funded them.

Okay. I'll look at it when it comes. But w-w-w-wait a minute. Threads in Asylum have to be approved? I didn't know that.

i believe the nazi funding came really late in the game for 935, well after they were established and had things underway.

Maxis's quotes from moon insinuate that they were only just beginning to seek nazi funding as Richtofen was making his teleportation breakthroughs.

Guest aegisknight

Okay. I'll look at it when it comes. But w-w-w-wait a minute. Threads in Asylum have to be approved? I didn't know that.

i believe the nazi funding came really late in the game for 935, well after they were established and had things underway.

Maxis's quotes from moon insinuate that they were only just beginning to seek nazi funding as Richtofen was making his teleportation breakthroughs.

But he made the teleportation breakthroughs in 1939. Maxis states specifically states in the Moon radios that they were joining the Nazi party and getting funding by them in 1939, so not really late at all, before actually. Not to mention, they worked on Die Glocke there in 1942 for the Germans!

But he made the teleportation breakthroughs in 1939. Maxis states specifically states in the Moon radios that they were joining the Nazi party and getting funding by them in 1939, so not really late at all, before actually. Not to mention, they worked on Die Glocke there in 1942 for the Germans!

yes I agree with that, but the moon radios say that Richtofen completed his first teleporter test before Maxis even told him about the Nazi funding

Yeah. They made 935 to improve the human condition and make great technological feats. They acquired 115 form somewhere started working. Then the Nazi's came along and started funding them only weeks after the first teleporter test. From then on, 935 was the Nazi's bitch.

yes I agree with that, but the moon radios say that Richtofen completed his first teleporter test before Maxis even told him about the Nazi funding

Yeah. They made 935 to improve the human condition and make great technological feats. They acquired 115 form somewhere started working. Then the Nazi's came along and started funding them only weeks after the first teleporter test. From then on, 935 was the Nazi's bitch.

Guest aegisknight

was it really? I would say a sizable amount of them were working under Richtofen, who oddly enough didn't seem to have any allegence to the Nazis at all.

The impression I got from the radios has been that Maxis and Richtofen started on basically the same page. However, as time wore on, Richtofen became more interested in the teleportation technology while Maxis was more interested in developing the undead army.

With this understanding, Richtofen was more interested in the original goals of the group; improving the human condition, while Maxis was the first to succumb to a lust for power. I believe this is illustrated clearly in the Moon radios when Maxis is far more interested in developing weapons while Richtofen is looking into simple matter transference.

I believe to this end that Maxis was forcing much of the manpower of 935 into weapons development, making Richtofen increasingly fed up. I don't think he was interested in the undead army at all, this being almost entirely Maxis's project. I support this with Richtofen's quotes always referring to the zombies as "His undead army" when referring to Maxis, as if Richtofen didn't have a whole lot to do with it, at least at first.

Richtofen would have been mad but contented with this research alignment, weapons development while moonlighting with the teleportation technology, until development of the DG-2 was completed. I believe the completion of the DG-2 project was originally supposed to be the end of 935's weapon development and the full emphasis transferred away from weapons development (including the zombie, ray gun and pack-a-punch programs) and back towards their original goals of human development. I believe Maxis even agreed to this at first, hence his first agreement to put the DG-2 into full production, and not telling Richtofen it was cancelled.

I assume work on the other projects would have been halted once production was underway, hence Maxis's stalling. Richtofen found out and was rightfully pissed, but no immediate action was taken. However, shortly after he completed his first teleportation to the future site of Griffin Station and Shangri-La, exposing him to the MPS (or whatever its called) and driving him over the edge.

While biding his time he decided to exact revenge on Maxis, and began his experiments on Sam, while diverting 935 personelle and resources into the Griffin Station and Casimir Mechanism projects, while Maxis continued working on his undead army and had his factions continue weapons development. We know there were at least two factions within this; one likely including Porter and H.Yena (leading to the Ray Gun and Pack-A-Punch projects before the war ended), and the other working specifically on the zombie army. It is also likely that there was a 3rd branch headed by someone who later founded Ascension group, the developer of the Thunder Gun and later the groundwork for Project Mercury.

After the development of the Ray Gun Porter would have been transferred to Richtofen's faction, where he worked on adapting the DG-2 technology into the Zap Guns, and the currently unknown developer of the Thunder Gun moonlighting to work on the Casimir Mechanism. H. Yena would have begun work on the Scavenger at this time, but I don't really know much about that.

Only after this point did Richtofen blatantly betray Maxis, and it was only after the betrayal that Maxis began to understand Richtofen's motives. I do not think that Richtofen ever had any plans for the undead army due to his lackadaisical attitudes towards their development and research from the Call of the Dead tapes. His twisting by the MPD had him lose sight of his original intent on furthering the human condition, but by this point the entirety of 935 was doomed towards the development of Maxis's weapons for the nazis anyway, so it didn't really make a huge difference in the overall direction of the group.

Guest aegisknight

was it really? I would say a sizable amount of them were working under Richtofen, who oddly enough didn't seem to have any allegence to the Nazis at all.

The impression I got from the radios has been that Maxis and Richtofen started on basically the same page. However, as time wore on, Richtofen became more interested in the teleportation technology while Maxis was more interested in developing the undead army.

With this understanding, Richtofen was more interested in the original goals of the group; improving the human condition, while Maxis was the first to succumb to a lust for power. I believe this is illustrated clearly in the Moon radios when Maxis is far more interested in developing weapons while Richtofen is looking into simple matter transference.

I believe to this end that Maxis was forcing much of the manpower of 935 into weapons development, making Richtofen increasingly fed up. I don't think he was interested in the undead army at all, this being almost entirely Maxis's project. I support this with Richtofen's quotes always referring to the zombies as "His undead army" when referring to Maxis, as if Richtofen didn't have a whole lot to do with it, at least at first.

Richtofen would have been mad but contented with this research alignment, weapons development while moonlighting with the teleportation technology, until development of the DG-2 was completed. I believe the completion of the DG-2 project was originally supposed to be the end of 935's weapon development and the full emphasis transferred away from weapons development (including the zombie, ray gun and pack-a-punch programs) and back towards their original goals of human development. I believe Maxis even agreed to this at first, hence his first agreement to put the DG-2 into full production, and not telling Richtofen it was cancelled.

I assume work on the other projects would have been halted once production was underway, hence Maxis's stalling. Richtofen found out and was rightfully pissed, but no immediate action was taken. However, shortly after he completed his first teleportation to the future site of Griffin Station and Shangri-La, exposing him to the MPS (or whatever its called) and driving him over the edge.

While biding his time he decided to exact revenge on Maxis, and began his experiments on Sam, while diverting 935 personelle and resources into the Griffin Station and Casimir Mechanism projects, while Maxis continued working on his undead army and had his factions continue weapons development. We know there were at least two factions within this; one likely including Porter and H.Yena (leading to the Ray Gun and Pack-A-Punch projects before the war ended), and the other working specifically on the zombie army. It is also likely that there was a 3rd branch headed by someone who later founded Ascension group, the developer of the Thunder Gun and later the groundwork for Project Mercury.

After the development of the Ray Gun Porter would have been transferred to Richtofen's faction, where he worked on adapting the DG-2 technology into the Zap Guns, and the currently unknown developer of the Thunder Gun moonlighting to work on the Casimir Mechanism. H. Yena would have begun work on the Scavenger at this time, but I don't really know much about that.

Only after this point did Richtofen blatantly betray Maxis, and it was only after the betrayal that Maxis began to understand Richtofen's motives. I do not think that Richtofen ever had any plans for the undead army due to his lackadaisical attitudes towards their development and research from the Call of the Dead tapes. His twisting by the MPD had him lose sight of his original intent on furthering the human condition, but by this point the entirety of 935 was doomed towards the development of Maxis's weapons for the nazis anyway, so it didn't really make a huge difference in the overall direction of the group.

I believe the completion of the DG-2 project was originally supposed to be the end of 935's weapon development and the full emphasis transferred away from weapons development (including the zombie, ray gun and pack-a-punch programs) and back towards their original goals of human development. I believe Maxis even agreed to this at first, hence his first agreement to put the DG-2 into full production, and not telling Richtofen it was cancelled.

Solid theory, but as you stated, Maxis was was very much wanting to work on weapons so I don't see why it would have been the end of development. I don't think he cancelled the mass production due to wanting to change the group's way, I think it's because he found out the war was over. I mean the first time Ed mentions the non-mass production is Oct 1, 1945, which was near the end of the war in Germany.

I agree with the rest, it makes soo much sense! Slight things here and there like the Thundergun, but I can't refute what you say because I have no other evidence. I kinda believe it was Gersch who made it, but I can't prove that.

I believe the completion of the DG-2 project was originally supposed to be the end of 935's weapon development and the full emphasis transferred away from weapons development (including the zombie, ray gun and pack-a-punch programs) and back towards their original goals of human development. I believe Maxis even agreed to this at first, hence his first agreement to put the DG-2 into full production, and not telling Richtofen it was cancelled.

Solid theory, but as you stated, Maxis was was very much wanting to work on weapons so I don't see why it would have been the end of development. I don't think he cancelled the mass production due to wanting to change the group's way, I think it's because he found out the war was over. I mean the first time Ed mentions the non-mass production is Oct 1, 1945, which was near the end of the war in Germany.

I agree with the rest, it makes soo much sense! Slight things here and there like the Thundergun, but I can't refute what you say because I have no other evidence. I kinda believe it was Gersch who made it, but I can't prove that.

Guest aegisknight

I'd say because he would no longer would have been able to justify it to the group as a whole. They were gathered to further the human condition, not develop weapons for nazis. I'm sure a great number of the group knew their weapons would be used to kill their countrymen in the first place.

Richtofen would not have been able to amass the manpower and resources from the group towards his project if there were not already heavy anti-weaponry sentiment from a large segment of the group

Guest aegisknight

I'd say because he would no longer would have been able to justify it to the group as a whole. They were gathered to further the human condition, not develop weapons for nazis. I'm sure a great number of the group knew their weapons would be used to kill their countrymen in the first place.

Richtofen would not have been able to amass the manpower and resources from the group towards his project if there were not already heavy anti-weaponry sentiment from a large segment of the group

So you think that Maxis got a soft heart and wanted to stray away from weaponry even though the Nazi's were demanding it? But he couldn't just stop because they were funded by the Riechstag?

So you think that Maxis got a soft heart and wanted to stray away from weaponry even though the Nazi's were demanding it? But he couldn't just stop because they were funded by the Riechstag?

Guest aegisknight

I think Maxis was the driving force behind the change into weapons to begin with. I don't think there was any change of heart until after the betrayal and he had to explain it all to Sam, I see nothing suggesting he was forced into anything. To the contrary, I believe the shift into weapons development was not only his idea, I do not think it was necessary for the group to begin with. I believe he may have been a Nazi sympathizer and wanted to push the weight of 935's scientific advancement to the good of the Reich whether the rest of the researchers agreed or not. If not, he simply changed his mind about improving the human condition and was blinded by greed. The nazis pumped a lot of money into weapons development, and everything suggests that Maxis simply wanted an excuse to start developing his undead army.

In fact, based on the last Moon radio, I'd say Sam killed him first for causing it all.

Guest aegisknight

I think Maxis was the driving force behind the change into weapons to begin with. I don't think there was any change of heart until after the betrayal and he had to explain it all to Sam, I see nothing suggesting he was forced into anything. To the contrary, I believe the shift into weapons development was not only his idea, I do not think it was necessary for the group to begin with. I believe he may have been a Nazi sympathizer and wanted to push the weight of 935's scientific advancement to the good of the Reich whether the rest of the researchers agreed or not. If not, he simply changed his mind about improving the human condition and was blinded by greed. The nazis pumped a lot of money into weapons development, and everything suggests that Maxis simply wanted an excuse to start developing his undead army.

In fact, based on the last Moon radio, I'd say Sam killed him first for causing it all.

By after the betrayal you mean him being teleported with Sam correct?

So you believe that basically, after the Third Riech contacted him about making weapons in 1939, he did so? Is that basically what your saying, I have a bad habit of forgetting the point people and even myself are trying to make so I kind of need to be pushed back into the right direction.

And I don't think she shot him considering she's cryrogenically frozen in the MPD

By after the betrayal you mean him being teleported with Sam correct?

So you believe that basically, after the Third Riech contacted him about making weapons in 1939, he did so? Is that basically what your saying, I have a bad habit of forgetting the point people and even myself are trying to make so I kind of need to be pushed back into the right direction.

And I don't think she shot him considering she's cryrogenically frozen in the MPD

Guest aegisknight

I believe he contacted the Third Reich, they didn't know about 935's existence beforehand. He wanted to make weapons, but he needed a buyer before he could begin transferring personelle to his undead army. He also needed a source for bodies.

I don't think she shot him, I think one of the Griffin scientists shot her (this wasn't figured into the previous concepts). Upon being shot she was absorbed into the Aether and took control of the undead. This updated concept leaves the fate of Maxis ambiguous, as I believe it also is in-game.

Unlike the other souls absorbed into the machine, hers was special, and so she was able to take control rather than just be absorbed. This was due to Richtofen's experiments on her, and his ability to switch places with her would be due to his experiments on himself after initial contact.

Guest aegisknight

I believe he contacted the Third Reich, they didn't know about 935's existence beforehand. He wanted to make weapons, but he needed a buyer before he could begin transferring personelle to his undead army. He also needed a source for bodies.

I don't think she shot him, I think one of the Griffin scientists shot her (this wasn't figured into the previous concepts). Upon being shot she was absorbed into the Aether and took control of the undead. This updated concept leaves the fate of Maxis ambiguous, as I believe it also is in-game.

Unlike the other souls absorbed into the machine, hers was special, and so she was able to take control rather than just be absorbed. This was due to Richtofen's experiments on her, and his ability to switch places with her would be due to his experiments on himself after initial contact.