Cornelius Pernell: Double-Agent & 935 Operative

Guest Tac

First off, if you haven't read my post about Pernell and Peter, do so here. It will make this thread much easier to comprehend, especially if your familiar with this section of the story. So! Now that that's out of the way, I will begin my theory.

In the other thread I speak about where Pernell could be, whether it's in the field or inside America, just in communication with who he is handling, Peter. This theory is for if he is inside America, working as a double-agent for the OSS/MJ12 and Group 935. We all have discussed many times how Peter was "lured" to his death, but we can't ever really come up with much. So my theory is as follows:

Cornelius Pernell was working with Richtofen inside Group 935. Peter knew that he was gathering information for the OSS, but not that in return, he gave 935 information. He worked at Area 51, and was mentioned by Dr. Maxis as an operative inside America. Richtofen found a prime opportunity to get rid of Peter because he knew to much, he told Pernell to send Peter a radio message saying to find him. Peter knew Richtofen was in Der Riese testing on the crew, so he fled to Shi No Numa. Richtofen expected this because Shi No Numa, Verruckt, and Der Riese were the only 3 facilities that Peter knew about, so he got there first, hence "luring" him to his death. Another version would be that he told Peter to find the two, and so Peter went straight to Der Riese, and Richtofen captured him knowing he was a spy, also "luring" him.

These are just some newly acquired thoughts about Pernell, feel free to discuss!

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest LMW-YBC

First off, if you haven't read my post about Pernell and Peter, do so here. It will make this thread much easier to comprehend, especially if your familiar with this section of the story. So! Now that that's out of the way, I will begin my theory.

In the other thread I speak about where Pernell could be, whether it's in the field or inside America, just in communication with who he is handling, Peter. This theory is for if he is inside America, working as a double-agent for the OSS/MJ12 and Group 935. We all have discussed many times how Peter was "lured" to his death, but we can't ever really come up with much. So my theory is as follows:

Cornelius Pernell was working with Richtofen inside Group 935. Peter knew that he was gathering information for the OSS, but not that in return, he gave 935 information. He worked at Area 51, and was mentioned by Richtofen as an operative inside America. Richtofen found a prime opportunity to get rid of Peter because he knew to much, he told Pernell to send Peter a radio message saying to find him. Peter knew Richtofen was in Der Riese testing on the crew, so he fled to Shi No Numa. Richtofen expected this because Shi No Numa, Verruckt, and Der Riese were the only 3 facilities that Peter knew about, so he got there first, hence "luring" him to his death. Another version would be that he told Peter to find the two, and so Peter went straight to Der Riese, and Richtofen captured him knowing he was a spy, also "luring" him.

These are just some newly acquired thoughts about Pernell, feel free to discuss!

Just to tell you, your sig link is broken.

Guest football5699

wait if some of the coordinates are Area 51...and Pernell said the numbers will guide you.... :shock:

Will we see peter in Area 51.

Blah Blah i know about the Hanging man but that is not confirmed as Peter...and blah blah i know there is Peter's grave...but the Wunderwaffe is in the grave meaning that Ricky could've just dug it and put the waffle there.

Why would he bury him with something that can reanimate you? 8-)

That would make sense if he had said something along the lines of Peter meet me in Area 51, but he said they moved the experiment HERE. Location. The numbers will guide you.

Guest football5699

well what if he was speaking from 51 though and HE was the operative in 51...he says here...the numbers will guide you...he is practically saying the location HERE is right?

Definetely a possibility since we know SNN picks up all types of radio signals.

well what if he was speaking from 51 though and HE was the operative in 51...he says here...the numbers will guide you...he is practically saying the location HERE is right?

Definetely a possibility since we know SNN picks up all types of radio signals.

Lol did you not read the part of my thread where I say he is the operative in Area 51

Guest football5699

Ahh yes i looked through many other threads and i forgot...but wait doesn't that confirm that peter was going to go to 51 but...richtofen lured him..........

shit :lol:

Not at all seeing how you came to that conclusion dude. Pernell was in A51, Peter was never going there, it's not even hinted he was going to A51

Guest football5699

if pernell was saying "we moved the experiments HERE....LOCATION....THE NUMBERS WILL GUIDE YOU" He is saying to Peter to go to A51...i think...damn i need to think this through..

*Puts Thinking Cap on*

Unless he (Peter) was at SNN when the transmission came. He was told about 115, Find Maxis and Ricky, and Der Riese must be contained meaning that the message isn't going to Der Riese. So maybe Richtofen came to SNN after DR broke out and Killed Maxis....was questioned by Peter...and Richtofen killed him.

if pernell was saying "we moved the experiments HERE....LOCATION....THE NUMBERS WILL GUIDE YOU" He is saying to Peter to go to A51...i think...damn i need to think this through..

*Puts Thinking Cap on*

Unless he (Peter) was at SNN when the transmission came. He was told about 115, Find Maxis and Ricky, and Der Riese must be contained meaning that the message isn't going to Der Riese. So maybe Richtofen came to SNN after DR broke out and Killed Maxis....was questioned by Peter...and Richtofen killed him.

The message was sent to his personal radio because he says "I'm not sure where you are" He wouldnt send it knowing where he was. He was saying where the experiment was, not where Peter should go IMO

Guest football5699

*Puts Thinking Cap on*

The message was sent to his personal radio because he says "I'm not sure where you are" He wouldnt send it knowing where he was. He was saying where the experiment was, not where Peter should go IMO

"I hope your receiving this transmission Peter, if youre not then all hope has been lost

You must know by now that we failed to contain the asylum and now we had to move the experiment here.

The numbers will guide you.

The giant must remain *static* all costs

Repeat Der Riese *static* faith at all costs

The DG-2 experiments continue *static*

But we have an early advantage now

Find Dr *static* and Dr. Maxin *static* they may know whats going on

The use of *static* 115 is dangerous at best.

I'm not sure if we can continue here.

We've lost most of our best *static* (sounds like he says scientists at the end)

I hope you get this, I hope it hasn't happened there too

But I'm almost out of hope"

"I don't know where you are"??? Actually...i see i hope it hasnt happened there too...meaning he knows where he is sending it.

Sorry I was thinking of the notes where it says "we aren't sure of his current location but his last transmission says he was in Verruckt" or something similar. So he was in SNN already. My theory could still work :mrgreen:

Nice so im sorta right for once

cool 8-)

More and More mysteries yet unsolved *sigh*

Glass half full, not empty dude! Wait til you truly study VRIL. it sucks. But anyways, does my theory sound plausible?

Guest Monopoly Mac

But where did Peter go? I mean in between SNN and Verruckt. The transmission from Pernell says he failed to contain the asylum. I hope it hasn't happened there too? He hopes it hasn't happened where?

But where did Peter go? I mean in between SNN and Verruckt. The transmission from Pernell says he failed to contain the asylum. I hope it hasn't happened there too? He hopes it hasn't happened where?

I say SNN. Peter fled to SNN, so Richtofen had Cornell send the message because Ed knew he was there, then after the message was sent, Ed went and killed him.

EDIT But idk for sure. I mean if he left in fear of being captured, then he wasn't lured.

Guest football5699

Maybe if Richtofen knew Peter or Pernell...he knew that one of them would flee to SNN so he kinda lured but in that case my theory is still valid :D

Guest Faust

For the record TacInsrt, it's curious how you have no topics in the asylum. Have you considered using all of your small posts to make on big one? I'm sure it would make it in. :mrgreen:

For the record TacInsrt, it's curious how you have no topics in the asylum. Have you considered using all of your small posts to make on big one? I'm sure it would make it in. :mrgreen:

Haha I have had threads in the Asylum previously, but they don't get as much attention, views, or discussion. In my opinion, I would rather have those 3 things than the prestige of posting in the Asylum.

Guest Monopoly Mac

True. I'd rather be a big in fish in a small bowl than a small fish in a big bowl... Either way you'llhave good threads. :D

• 2 months later...

True. I'd rather be a big in fish in a small bowl than a small fish in a big bowl... Either way you'llhave good threads. :D

:lol: You mean a certain thread? That's good and long? (like Richtofen's college roommate) 8-) I get what you mean ;)