Ascension-->CoTD

Guest twiggerto

Guest twiggerto

guys, i have been wondering this for some time and i still cant make very good sense of it. i was wondering what your opinions were on how the crew got from ascension to being stuck in CoTD. I feel the need to post this simply because it will make the timeline a little bit clearer, and want a valid reason as to why they are there as opposed to the broad statement that the crew just went from ascension to CoTD.

Guest football5699

See, the thing is, the general consensus is that Ascension is after CotD....(for anyone who disagrees sorry I don't want to put words in your mouth just speak up)

Guest Monopoly Mac

Erm thats really not? Takeo makes a reference to Ascension and Tank makes another one in Call of the Dead. Ascension is definitely before Cotd.

Guest football5699

Dempsey...well we've been through this before ;)

Now Takeo is definetaly interesting. His quotes are more reliable. What does he say??

(once again sorry for assuming that.)

Guest football5699

Damn....well now Treyarch is getting me mad with these quotes. It just can't be. It just doesn't make sense that way.

Guest twiggerto

IKIK that is why i feel like we need to patch up this hole, and all other holes in the timeline for that matter, like how does the crew get from Kino to Ascension.

Guest Monopoly Mac

I know, before Shangri La I also thought Ascension was the last one before the moon. Now I feel Treyarch kind of messed up... Richtofen puts on a space suit for Ascension and then takes it off the next map? :facepalm:

Guest football5699

IKIK that is why i feel like we need to patch up this hole, and all other holes in the timeline for that matter, like how does the crew get from Kino to Ascension.

See that is why teleporting to CotD seems to make sense right lol. I hate this. :lol:

OKAY! Here come's my rant/not at all ranting post.

We are all talking about different things. Do we mean when we physically play there or what time period it is? Since we know that they went from CoTD to Shangri-La, and the is no teleporter in S-L, I have started to disregard how we get to places. It is possible that they can go to one map before another even though it is vise-versa for how we play there. My supporting evidence is that the Marines went to Verruckt then NDU, but we play them the other way around. Now to count the quotes, all other maps are as we play them. We are in Ascension, they make a reference to it in CoTD

Ascension then CoTD

In S-L they refer to Ascension AND CoTD

Ascension then CoTD then S-L

Guest football5699

See this makes me mad beyond imagination now (nothing against you Tac). Why does the storyline gotta be so confusing. :facepalm: Either Treyarch isn't realizing something or Richtofen likes making costume changes.

See this makes me mad beyond imagination now (nothing against you Tac). Why does the storyline gotta be so confusing. :facepalm: Either Treyarch isn't realizing something or Richtofen likes making costume changes.

Or maybe Richtofen thought he would go to space so changed? I don't know what's going on, but here is the theory I have most heard:

When we time travel our clothing changes to that time period; Personally I can see that. BUT, if Ascension is around FIVE and Kino is after Ascension, why change back?

I can't imagine that 3arc would mess with us like this, but it's sooo confusing I just don't know anymore. There bodily markings are identical to Kino, and then torn to shit in Ascension. So IDK!!

Guest Monopoly Mac

At this point I've realized something. Treyarch staff is human and can make mistakes. I reaaally doubt they made the timeline this god damn confusing on purpose.

Guest football5699

I understand that and if that is the case so be it but Treyarch must've quadruple checked every detail for some of these maps. It seems odd how something so obvious could be overlooked ya know?

Guest ddanso7

They Took a Gersch device. The Gersch device is made by old Nazi Teleporters and can teleport from one to another. They got to Shangri-la by Teleporting and it somehow connected to the four buttons which go back in time. The four buttons are like the Teleporters but are operated by Black magic, they can still be teleported too. The Zombies got teleported to Shangri-la via the Five teleporters. The five teleporters are also made up off broken down Nazi Teleporters so like the Gersch device they can connect.

Guest twiggerto

..........black magic? we need to find a more logical conclusion than that. the gersch device theory is reasonable, but i remember that it was no accident where they were teleported. Richtofen said that they went too far into the future in CoTD, but how did they teleport with specific co ordinates if the gersch device is random?

Guest Bullets

Maybe ascension is earlier than we think maybe it is before kino and the crew take a lunar lander to kino then teleport to CoTD then teleport to Shangri-La

Im not really sure but all i know is this story is rather confusing

Guest nayrc

Maybe ascension is earlier than we think maybe it is before kino and the crew take a lunar lander to kino then teleport to CoTD then teleport to Shangri-La

Im not really sure but all i know is this story is rather confusing

they literally teleport into kino, you see the electric things

I could be before Kino, that DOESN'T mean that they went from Der Riese to there, I am beginning to think that maybe where they teleport and when they are there effects what they look like.

HE'S BACK YESSSSS :lol:

Anyway, it sounds like my theories getting flushed down the toilet :cry:

xD I am indeed!!

But I only think that because I feel there is no other explanation to the changing clothes:

Shi No Numa: Nazi Outfit

Der Riese: Nazi Outfit

Kino: Nazi Outfit

Ascension: Space Suit

Shangri-La: Nazi Outfit

That's not the only thing. In Kino der Toten and behind, there aren't many blood spots or cuts on their clothes, then on Ascension they are all fucked up with changed clothes, then with Shangri-La they have no blood or cuts and are back to the Nazi Outfit.

Guest zombiekilla

ok here is my two cents. i dont know if this has been rejected yet but i dont know.

anyways, from ascension to cotd i believe that the gersh device also acts like a teleportation device just pocket size. this is why when you dolphin dive into one you go to a random spot on the map. assuming ricktofen got the gersh, he quickly learned how to set it to a certain time frame. he then put one out told the three to jump in and bingo bango their at cotd. but by doing this the black hole device got "completly broken" and was unusable until the four helped them get the parts to fix it up again. that's when they used it to go to shangri-la. this time the device completely shattered leaving no parts or anything of it's existance in the map. that's why they need the focusing stone. im guessing it also has a way of teleporting them.

as for kino to ascension. i believe what happened from der riese to kino is the same thing that happen to kino to ascension. but as they were teleporting, the rocket facility was shuting down because there were most likely zombies coming out of no where. that leaves the lander having to come back to the mainframe so to speak. so the four teleport onto the lander just as it makes its decent into the main lobby. once the lander hit the lobby the whole power grid got shut down right there and then. leaving the four to start thier adventures in ascension.

so what do you think. again i have no idea if this was already talked about and rejected or not. i just saw the post and kinda thought to just give in my ideas.

That sounds really good, although I think that they use an actual teleporter in CoTD. They discuss the MDT, which is a teleporter security system, so I think that the Gersch Device connected with the teleporter and that's how we got to CoTD. I can't truly say how we got to Shangri-La though.

Guest Zombieofthedead

HE'S BACK YESSSSS :lol:

Anyway, it sounds like my theories getting flushed down the toilet :cry:

xD I am indeed!!

But I only think that because I feel there is no other explanation to the changing clothes:

Shi No Numa: Nazi Outfit

Der Riese: Nazi Outfit

Kino: Nazi Outfit

Ascension: Space Suit

Shangri-La: Nazi Outfit

That's not the only thing. In Kino der Toten and behind, there aren't many blood spots or cuts on their clothes, then on Ascension they are all fucked up with changed clothes, then with Shangri-La they have no blood or cuts and are back to the Nazi Outfit.

Well, apparently from Nikolai's quotes in Shangri La they bathed for the first time in awhile. If they have time to bathe, they have time to put on different clothes.