My Theory on when Shangri-La takes place

Guest football5699

Guest football5699

So with evidence from the preview given too us (finally) I have gathered an interesting theory to Shangri-La. Depending on the length of this thread (unsure how long it will be) if Carbon or a Mod sees that it should be moved to the asylum they are more than welcome to. P.S. - A lot of what I may say could be one of your original ideas but since there are so many people it could be I would just like to say thanks for possibly sparking an idea.

The Clothing of Our Heroes

Richtofen, Dempsey, Takeo, and Nikolai have very clean uniforms. Richtofen is very suspicious as he is back in his original Nazi Uniform. Everyone else's uni is in perfect condition kinda SNN-esque. So that leaves two possibilities : After SNN or after DR. I just saw in a post that Takeo's moustache can be seen so I will leave that for speculation

Why after SNN makes sense

The biggest mystery was how they went from SNN to DR. Well now I have a feeling that mystery has been solved. If they traveled from SNN to S-L and found a teleporter THERE. That could be completely possible. Also (credit goes to RADAUSTIN27) when we see the eclipse it looks like it could just be starting the full eclipse. Well, Der Riese has a full eclipse so MAYBE this will be a nice prelude to Der Riese.

Ascension might be a epilouge

I have a feeling that maybe Ascension might be the after effects of Richtofens power even after he overthrows Samantha with her power. I think that once he gains that power he goes to the moon which would explain the costume change once he is at Ascension. Richtofen may have put TD, NB, and TM in holding so they wouldnt screw with his plans on the moon where the infamous 4th Reich could be located. When he realized he couldnt control the zombies, possibly because Samantha retook her spot in Aether, he broke them out and they reunited to do what they were destined to do. Plus, Takeo's quote from the Pack-A-Punch in Ascension may be because he saw what Richtofen did on the moon and now wants revenge.

My Timeline of the Maps (This is at the time when we play the map)

1. Verruckt - The Extraction of Peter

2. NDU - Second Outbreak

3. SNN - Kinda stumped here because I am going in the order they gave us with this one.

4. S-L - Obviously the point of this thread. I think this will be a map where they tie up all the loose ends.

5. DR - I think that this is where Richtofen got his final item because this is where it started.

6. Kino - TBH I dont know why....This map is lacking too much eggs

7. Five/Ascension - Happening at the same time. I'm stumped because Kino has the tower that was built in late 1960s but these two are at the same time which would be '63 at the latest. But on the other hand, Richtofen is in space uniform in Ascension but not Kino. I am completely confused but this is what I think lol.

8. CotD - This is when we fight as present day people so yeah.

Please comment and give feedback. :D

Guest Zombieofthedead

I don't agree with it being before der riese, as they hadn't even teleported before then, let alone time traveled (Modern weapons ARE in shangri la). Your timeline is also wrong, Five and ascension do not take place at the same time, or at least that's what people have been saying with the model of the rocket. As for the clothes, richtofen's hat was tan in SNN and Der Riese, but it changed to grey in Kino, and is also grey in Shangri la from the trailers. Possibley a mishap, but who knows? I'm certain it is after COTD (or a little before ascension, but I hope it just goes in order)

Guest football5699

Well weapon wise I THINK that it isnt relevant solely because the modern weapons are in the classic maps so I'm not sure if they overlooked that or what.

Guest Zombieofthedead

Well weapon wise I THINK that it isnt relevant solely because the modern weapons are in the classic maps so I'm not sure if they overlooked that or what.

Classic maps aren't relevant I don't think, only the original versions.

Guest football5699

True True you got me there. Well I'd say you cant really be nitpicky but then again my whole thread is so......I'm still gonna back my theory. Although it may have its faults I'm interested in seeing what other people say. Actually, Zombieofthedead why do you think its after CotD just out of curiosity? Mainly because I want to see your take on the clothing change. (not sarcastic)

Guest Zombieofthedead

True True you got me there. Well I'd say you cant really be nitpicky but then again my whole thread is so......I'm still gonna back my theory. Although it may have its faults I'm interested in seeing what other people say. Actually, Zombieofthedead why do you think its after CotD just out of curiosity? Mainly because I want to see your take on the clothing change. (not sarcastic)

IDK, Guess because of the teleportation to paradise thing, I suppose Richtofen could've taken his nazi clothes with him, intending to go on the rocket (but failing) , as for the other characters, nothing stitches can't cure (except maybe missing sleaves). It could also just be treyarch making a mistake in character skins.

I truly believe it can't be before Der Riese because of the teleporters. It can be directly after Der Riese because that's when kino takes place. I don't think that the eclipse can really be taken into effect unless they went back to DR days, which they didn't. As far as your timeline, is thus when the breakouts occurred? I agree Verruckt and Ndu, but I believe it went like this:

Ver

NDU

Kino

DR

FIVE

Ascension

CoTD

S-L

Given that we know nothing about the SNN breakout, I can't say for sure.

Also, not to sound trollish, but it's so not after cotd because of Richtofen quote about them going to far into the future, SP they had to go in the past of CoTD

Guest Zombieofthedead

I truly believe it can't be before Der Riese because of the teleporters. It can be directly after Der Riese because that's when kino takes place. I don't think that the eclipse can really be taken into effect unless they went back to DR days, which they didn't. As far as your timeline, is thus when the breakouts occurred? I agree Verruckt and Ndu, but I believe it went like this:

Ver

NDU

Kino

DR

FIVE

Ascension

CoTD

S-L

Given that we know nothing about the SNN breakout, I can't say for sure.

Also, not to sound trollish, but it's so not after cotd because of Richtofen quote about them going to far into the future, SP they had to go in the past of CoTD

Confused about kino before der riese... that makes NO sense to me. SNN would definately be before der riese. It CAN be after COTD, by going too far into the future, I think he ment the time travel overloaded the teleporter. The characters I would say went from COTD to Shangri la, though.

They moved testing from Verruckt to somewhere (confirmed), and Der Riese was at the same time, so I don't think it was then. Maxis was working at Kino (confirmed). So the only other place testing occurred was Kino, so they moved testing from Verruckt to Kino. We know maxis was kino, but he died in DR, so how could it be after DR?

The characters did go from CoTD to SL, but if they went too far into the future they wouldn't go even farther forward. They did overload the teleporter but I don't see how the quote can be linked with.

Guest AlphaSnake

They are doing a pulp fiction style plot, the chapters are out of place...

Shangri-La has to be before Ascension, Richtofen hasn't changed back at all...

In my mind it goes; Nacht Der Untoten, Verruckt & Shi No numa, Der Riese, Kino Der Toten (Past) with a quick stop off in Call of the Dead (Future) then onto Shangri-La (Unknown date). Then from there Richtofen will have all the parts he needs for (His own Vril craft?) onto Ascension & Five.

From Shangri-La they could have flew this Vril out of Agartha (Inner Earth Realm), however they are shot down over Russian airspace, crashing near the Ascension facility at the same time the Five outbreak happens just like Verruckt & Shi No Numa are at the same time.

Maybe Richtofen was trying to use the Vril to get to the Moon for those large 115 fragments (Terminal confirmed).

The crash didn't stop Richtofen from trying to get to the moon however...

He planned to highjack the Ascension Rocket for himself, thus continuing his mission?

So we have the follow chapters/windows in time:

1st. Nacht Der Untoten.

2nd. Verruckt & Shi No numa.

3rd. Der Riese.

4th. Kino Der Toten.

5th. Call of the Dead.

6th. Shangri-La.

7th. Ascension & Five.

Just a theory...

Regards Alpha.

Guest AlphaSnake

Was the Maxis name plate in Five or was it just the chalkboards?

To my knowledge, it was kino, and I think Der riese

Correct.

Regards Snake.

Guest Zombieofthedead

They are doing a pulp fiction style plot, the chapters are out of place...

Shangri-La has to be before Ascension, Richtofen hasn't changed back at all...

In my mind it goes; Nacht Der Untoten, Verruckt & Shi No numa, Der Riese, Kino Der Toten (Past) with a quick stop off in Call of the Dead (Future) then onto Shangri-La (Unknown date). Then from there Richtofen will have all the parts he needs for (His own Vril craft?) onto Ascension & Five.

From Shangri-La they could have flew this Vril out of Agartha (Inner Earth Realm), however they are shot down over Russian airspace, crashing near the Ascension facility at the same time the Five outbreak happens just like Verruckt & Shi No Numa are at the same time.

Maybe Richtofen was trying to use the Vril to get to the Moon for those large 115 fragments (Terminal confirmed).

The crash didn't stop Richtofen from trying to get to the moon however...

He planned to highjack the Ascension Rocket for himself, thus continuing his mission?

So we have the follow chapters/windows in time:

1st. Nacht Der Untoten.

2nd. Verruckt & Shi No numa.

3rd. Der Riese.

4th. Kino Der Toten.

5th. Call of the Dead.

6th. Shangri-La.

7th. Ascension & Five.

Just a theory...

Regards Alpha.

Snake, CotD is after Ascension "This better be more rewarding than last time.. stupid gersch" -Dempsey.

Guest football5699

I was waiting to see when this would come up. A quote like that seems to be breaking the 4th wall which Treyarch is infamous of doing.

Guest Zombieofthedead

I was waiting to see when this would come up. A quote like that seems to be breaking the 4th wall which Treyarch is infamous of doing.

I don't think this would count as a fourth wall joke.. it doesn't seem like it at all, and fourth wall jokes are more obvious.

Guest football5699

Well when we get the "we need a new objective" sort of quote its obvious. Gersch ticked off a lot of us with the reward.

Think of this situation:

You are doing another MASSIVE easter egg and you are wondering if it is worth doing. In comes Dempsey reading your mind saying that it better be more rewarding than Gersch.

You may be right but I think it is leaning towards a 4th Wall joke.

The problem of talking theories is idk if u mean the order of outbreaks or when we are there (yes there different). He is correct in saying cotd must be after ascension due to the quote, and Shangri la must be between there. IMO

Guest Zombieofthedead

Well when we get the "we need a new objective" sort of quote its obvious. Gersch ticked off a lot of us with the award.

Think of this situation:

You are doing another MASSIVE easter egg and you are wondering if it is worth doing. In comes Dempsey reading your mind saying that it better be more rewarding than Gersch.

You may be right but I think it is leaning towards a 4th Wall joke.

Lol, well I supose they are leaning towards it, but I still think this is somewhat serious. Usually he talks directly to the player, unless it is a music easter egg or with the objective thing. Who knows, though, it is Dempsey after all.

Guest football5699

The problem of talking theories is idk if u mean the order of outbreaks or when we are there (yes there different). He is correct in saying cotd must be after ascension due to the quote, and Shangri la must be between there. IMO

If this is directed at me I base it on the order in which WE ARE PLAYING like Der Riese would be outbreak number 1 but it is different because we arent playing at that time. Hope that helps.

Guest LMW-YBC

I think Shangri-La is after Kino, but before "Five" and Ascension.

Ed has his duds from Kino, and still has them in S-L.

Area 51 should be after S-L, as Ed has the spacesuit on, and they retrieved a Lander.

Definetly not set in the W@W timeline. It wouldn't make sense to go back to the beginning. Most of the major problems and EEs are in Black Ops Zombies.

Guest Zombieofthedead

I think Shangri-La is after Kino, but before "Five" and Ascension.

Ed has his duds from Kino, and still has them in S-L.

Area 51 should be after S-L, as Ed has the spacesuit on, and they retrieved a Lander.

Definetly not set in the W@W timeline. It wouldn't make sense to go back to the beginning. Most of the major problems and EEs are in Black Ops Zombies.

Five is before kino.... Ascension is after both of those. The phones are recordings! Shangri La, we can't entirely tell yet. We don't know if there will be an Area 51 map, and I really hope there isn't (IMO). Most of the EE are actually in WaW, btw, that is where we found out how the zombies and DG's were created.

Guest football5699

I don't agree with it being before der riese, as they hadn't even teleported before then, let alone time traveled (Modern weapons ARE in shangri la). Your timeline is also wrong, Five and ascension do not take place at the same time, or at least that's what people have been saying with the model of the rocket. As for the clothes, richtofen's hat was tan in SNN and Der Riese, but it changed to grey in Kino, and is also grey in Shangri la from the trailers. Possibley a mishap, but who knows? I'm certain it is after COTD (or a little before ascension, but I hope it just goes in order)

This is sort of a cop out but if they teleported like I said, they could've brought the weapons that could've been behind the door at CotD. Now that I think of it, if CotD is present day then why would the weapons be from the 60s. Now I'm almost positive the weapons (besides wonderweapons) mean much to the map.

I believe there will be an Area 51 since they now have the map model for it. To football5699, what do u mean Der Riese was first outbreak?I agree that it could definitely be after kino before ascension. Also IMO the guns aren't relative.