My Theory on when Shangri-La takes place

Guest football5699

Guest Zombieofthedead

True, and since cotd is March 13/17 of this year, then I suppose Shangri-La could be after that.

And how do you know that CotD is set in this year?

Modern Day actors. For all we know, it could be any time around now, tbh. I guess we all just assume 2011, because why not if it's modern day?

They don't always timetravel, I guess. They only time travel when there's a reason (such as the DG-2 overloading the one teleporter in Der Riese).

True, and since cotd is March 13/17 of this year, then I suppose Shangri-La could be after that.

Just because it is the most logical explanation. The modern characters look how they do about now, we know the time travelled forward, I won't say it's confirmed, it's just what most believe.

Guest LMW-YBC

Modern Day actors. For all we know, it could be any time around now, tbh. I guess we all just assume 2011, because why not if it's modern day?

Look at Tac's post. He says that it IS set between the 13th and 17th days of March this year, but he hasn't posted any reason why it is.

Guest Zombieofthedead

Look at Tac's post. He says that it IS set between the 13th and 17th days of March this year, but he hasn't posted any reason why it is.

Oh... the days. On the cutscene of CotD, it shows the take, which has the date at 3/17. I think he just made a mistake with the 13, though.

Guest LMW-YBC

Oh... the days. On the cutscene of CotD, it shows the take, which has the date at 3/17. I think he just made a mistake with the 13, though.

But where does it tell you the year, eh?

Guest Zombieofthedead

Exactly. But we know it's modern times, due to the actors, so why not just 2011? There really isn't a reason to do any other year, unless of course they were going with the whole 2012 end of the world thing. 2011 isn't proven, but it's probably the best guess.

Guest LMW-YBC

Exactly. But we know it's modern times, due to the actors, so why not just 2011? There really isn't a reason to do any other year, unless of course they were going with the whole 2012 end of the world thing. 2011 isn't proven, but it's probably the best guess.

It's still a random guess, and only that.

It's still a random guess, and only that.[/quote:2xu91dmo]

I get what your going at, but I wouldn't go as far as to say it's 'random.' We have shown supporting evidence and logical reasons as to why it is on 2011, there really isn't much else to it.

Guest Zombieofthedead

It's still a random guess, and only that.

Not exactly. Doesn't Michael Rooker say something about surviving another apocolypse, AKA The Walking Dead? That was in 2010. The Earliest it could be is 2011.

sure why not...my brain is fried

Haha, since we don't have anything to show us when the outbreak happened or why like in Call of the Dead and FIVE when they show us the outbreak, where do you think it lies? Before Call of the Dead, after?

Guest football5699

I think this is the second outbreak....if they were testing with 115 before then they would rise.....Since they were shooting another movie that involved 115, it brought them back.

I think this is the second outbreak....if they were testing with 115 before then they would rise.....Since they were shooting another movie that involved 115, it brought them back.

Wait what? You think S-L is before Der Riese?

Wait weren't we talking about CotD...the whole SNN thing was from when the map still wasn't released.

Sorry, your whole "second outbreak" thing threw me off guard. So you think the physical outbreak occurred after CoTD's?

Shangri-La could be before Der Riese so instead of like the 1960's it could be in 1945 right before Der Riese. This is a good theory because after you complete the easter egg the last radio.

Radio 7 is located at the base of the pyramid, it appears after step 13 is completed.

*The humming noise emitted by an unactivated musical easter egg piece is heard throughout*

Brock: "Now entering the antichamber. I see some sort of pedestal and there is a rock suspended above it. This is just wonderful, an inscription: Rich-tof-en. Richtofen. Gary, take an etching."

*Etching can be heard as Brock continues*

Brock: "Rock above the altar seems to be suspended in thin air! I am going to remove it now!"

*Teleporting noise is heard*

Gary: "We've been in this jungle for days and haven't seen any sign of this hidden temple."

Brock: "We cannot give up; it has to be here."

Gary: "I can't shake this feeling like we're going in circles."

Brock: "We should head to higher ground and take a look."

*Trampling though the forest is heard.*

Brock: "The heat and humidity is just excruciating. According to the locals, the temple should be in this mountain range, just up this river. Gary, do you hear that? A waterfall, we must be close! Hand me the binoculars! There is a structure up ahead. If this is truly a gateway to Argatha, my work will finally be validated!"

And for those of you who heard the first radio then you know the significance of the end of this radio.

Guest football5699

yes

Ok. Where do you think Kino is? What maps is it before/after?

Kino is after Der Riese before Ascension....I think they are all in order now...

Treyarch has apparently made it very clear that Ascension is after Kino :lol:

well this is a great theory, as i too believe that ascension is an epilogue. however, i feel the order is as follows:

1) Verruckt

2) NDU

3) SNN

4) DR

6) KDT

7) CODT

8) S-L

9) possibly any next maps (likely area 51 is among them)

10) Ascension/Five

11) Moon (end)

note that there could be some other maps if there is a new treyarch game wih zombies, but all evidence from small easter eggs in ascension point to the moon. but guys i would like for you to notice that the characters look slightly more filthy in DR and Kino, but i remember hearing about the characters getting a shower before shangri-la. anyway, i believe that richthofen is not done getting the components he needs, and needs to possibly go to places like area fifty-one. so i think that ascension has to be a form of foreshadowing. we have no clue how we got there, but i bet next maps will help us figure it out.