My Theory on when Shangri-La takes place

Guest football5699

I dont know if this is pointed to me or Alpha etc. but yea IMO i think it does.

I meant having it as month/year doesn't make sense when filming a movie, but month/day does

• 4 weeks later...
Guest undead illuminati

I don't agree with it being before der riese, as they hadn't even teleported before then, let alone time traveled (Modern weapons ARE in shangri la). Your timeline is also wrong, Five and ascension do not take place at the same time, or at least that's what people have been saying with the model of the rocket. As for the clothes, richtofen's hat was tan in SNN and Der Riese, but it changed to grey in Kino, and is also grey in Shangri la from the trailers. Possibley a mishap, but who knows? I'm certain it is after COTD (or a little before ascension, but I hope it just goes in order)

IMO:

Verrukt - Extract Peter

NDU - Tank's First Encounter

SNN - The group meets up

DR - Teleported to kino with DG-3, went forward in time

Kino - Overloaded Teleporter with Zeus Cannon, went further forward in time

CotD - Ended up in a Closet. after Trapped Characters Egg, they find themselves at-

S-L - *in present time* Remember how someone mentioned (sorry cant remember who, but ill give ya some brains when i check) that they saw a broken down lunar lander in some debris? my thoery is once Richtofen had the objects he needed for world domination, went back in time (to the solar eclipse) fixed the Lander and-

Ascension - Flew into the base, Dr. Ed is in his space suit ready to fuck off once they've set up a rocket for him.

this is just the main group story line, and its just how I think it happened. only way it makes sense to me, because S-L is the only level with in game time travel, it makes that they were being propelled FORWARD in time until they got to Shangri-la. also, on a side note, has dead ops been linked to the story in any way yet?

Cheers, Undead I.

Guest undead illuminati

Ascension is confirmed before COTD, There's mention of the luner landers on Shangri La. Otherwise I agree.

only reason i Ascension last is because of the condition of the characters, if it werent for that, the levels would be in complete order.

Guest Zombieofthedead

Ascension is confirmed before COTD, There's mention of the luner landers on Shangri La. Otherwise I agree.

only reason i Ascension last is because of the condition of the characters, if it werent for that, the levels would be in complete order.

Well they apparently take baths between ascension and shangri la, so they probably changed clothes, cleaned wounds, etc.

Well they apparently take baths between ascension and shangri la, so they probably changed clothes, cleaned wounds, etc.

Well the quote is about taking a bath when using the slide I believe, so I'm not sure that shows the bathed before, but Ascension IS before CoTD and Shangri la

I disagree with when you guys think each place takes time in. In Shangri-La the date is unknown, In COTD the date is March 17th 1964, In Ascension the date is October 1962, The date in "Five" is also October 1962, and the date in Kino is 1962. And the original maps all take place in 1945. So there you have it.

I disagree with when you guys think each place takes time in. In Shangri-La the date is unknown, In COTD the date is March 17th 1964, In Ascension the date is October 1962, The date in "Five" is also October 1962, and the date in Kino is 1962. And the original maps all take place in 1945. So there you have it.

Hahaha I hate laughing others but ur so wrong. CoTD is 2011, and Kino is 1969. Check my sig for proof.

Guest Matuzz

First CotD does not take place in -64 because there are these modern actors.

In Shangri-la there are radios from company made in 2004. Kino is later than Ascension.

I just don't have time now to dig deeper into this

Guest LMW-YBC

#1: Verruckt

#2: Nacht der Untoten

#3: Shi no Numa

#4: Kino

#5: Der Riese

#6: Ascension+"Five"

#7: Shangri-La

#8: Call of the Dead

This is what me thinks!

And @Zombieofthedead, Treyarch confirmed that "Five" and Ascension took place at the same time.

#1: Verruckt

#2: Nacht der Untoten

#3: Shi no Numa

#4: Kino

#5: Der Riese

#6: Ascension+"Five"

#7: Shangri-La

#8: Call of the Dead

This is what me thinks!

And @Zombieofthedead, Treyarch confirmed that "Five" and Ascension took place at the same time.

Your timeline is a bit off I think. Is this when we play there or real life times and dates? And when did they confirm it, link?

Guest LMW-YBC

#1: Verruckt #2: Nacht der Untoten #3: Shi no Numa #4: Kino #5: Der Riese #6: Ascension+"Five" #7: Shangri-La #8: Call of the Dead This is what me thinks! And @Zombieofthedead, Treyarch confirmed that "Five" and Ascension took place at the same time.
Your timeline is a bit off I think. Is this when we play there or real life times and dates? And when did they confirm it, link?
http://callofduty.wikia.com/wiki/Ascension Go through the Easter eggs section.

And in my Timeline, I mean by the year they are set in.

Guest Zombieofthedead

No they didn't. They never went out and said anywhere that they were at the same time. They never "confirmed it". In fact, they don't reveal anything about the story in public, so don't say that.

BTW, if your order is at the year we're there, Kino and Der Riese should be flipped. We aren't very sure about the order of shangri la and CotD as well.

No they didn't. They never went out and said anywhere that they were at the same time. They never "confirmed it". In fact, they don't reveal anything about the story in public, so don't say that.

BTW, if your order is at the year we're there, Kino and Der Riese should be flipped. We aren't very sure about the order of shangri la and CotD as well.

He's right, nothing is confirmed. And as said Kino is after Der Riese. Otherwise I think your correct.

Guest LMW-YBC

Click the link above and look through the Easter Eggs section.

And yes, now I agree that Kino was after Der Riese. My bad!

And Call of the Dead looks most likely to be after Shangri-La yearwise because Richtofen said that they went too far into the future.

Guest Zombieofthedead

First: I looked at the EE section, and while it does say confirmed, it IS the CoD wiki, not to mention they really haven't confirmed it themselves. I hate when people mention those phones, because for all we know they could be some sort of recording. Also, that's really the only evidence for it being the same time, you need some more evidence.

Second: The "Too far into the future" most likely means that they went so far into the future that the time circuts fried. That's just my opinion, though.

They could be recordings, like radios. But I don't see a reason to put it in a completely unrelated map other than to show the time period.

As for the quote, I don't want to get into that now, to much arguing will happen haha

Guest Zombieofthedead

Ok, I got most of the quote

"We must have gone too far in the future. Look, the teleporter is completely broken. The time triggers are damaged"

You can understand why I think this, right? They went so far into the future that they broke the teleporter (or at least that is the way it looks).

Ok, I got most of the quote

"We must have gone too far in the future. Look, the teleporter is completely broken. The time triggers are damaged"

You can understand why I think this, right? They went so far into the future that they broke the teleporter (or at least that is the way it looks).

Oh I completely understand, but tbh I think it's irrelevant kinda. But if CoTD is present day, how is Shangri-La present-er day?

Guest Zombieofthedead

Oh I completely understand, but tbh I think it's irrelevant kinda. But if CoTD is present day, how is Shangri-La present-er day?

They don't always timetravel, I guess. They only time travel when there's a reason (such as the DG-2 overloading the one teleporter in Der Riese).

They don't always timetravel, I guess. They only time travel when there's a reason (such as the DG-2 overloading the one teleporter in Der Riese).

True, and since cotd is March 13/17 of this year, then I suppose Shangri-La could be after that.

Guest LMW-YBC

True, and since cotd is March 13/17 of this year, then I suppose Shangri-La could be after that.

And how do you know that CotD is set in this year?