Terminal Haiku's, Poems, and Radiance

Guest Tac

I wanted to post this to discuss the Poems, Haiku's, and this 'Radiance'. I put all that in a quote just to separate the quotes from my thoughts.

*EDIT* I have found all the Haiku's! There are 25 Haiku's total. They are in the 'dking' user account, and other than the 3 listed (which are in Oppenheimer's account), they are concerning the Campaign missions with Bowman, Woods, etc. I can post them if you wish, but they are irrelevant.

Haiku 1

GUN IN MY RIGHT HAND

COLA IN MY LEFT

BRING ME THE MEATSACKS

Haiku 2

UNDEAD ALL ABOUT

SURROUNDED NEED MAX AMMO

COULD USE A REVIVE

Haiku 5

WENT DOWN TO THE LAKE

STUMBLED UPON A SECRET

WILL NOT SLEEP AGAIN

Radiance.txt

IF THE RADIANCE OF A THOUSAND SUNS

WERE TO BURST AT ONCE IN THE SKY

THAT WOULD BE LIKE THE SPLENDOR

OF THE MIGHTY ONE

POEMS

"My name is John. They call me Banana.

I once worked at a Tex Mex cabana

But now I am here

As walking dead near

With nothing on me but a bandana."

"Despite the scary, anxious feeling

Killing walking dead is appealing

My first kill felt great

Felt like my first date

Kicking their brains right up to the ceiling."

"I once knew a soldier named Smokey

He slapped me on the head and awoke me

Turns out he was dead

I cut off his head

Yet but headless he still tried to choke me."

"Smokey and I were trapped in a room

We accepted our impending doom

'Til we noticed a monkey

Which seemed kind of funkey

Until we threw it and it went boom."

We determined that that was most likely the order of the poems.

*EDIT* - What if by lake in Haiku 5, he means Groom Lake? (Area 51)

- In Haiku 1, I think that that is by Dempsey due to the fact that he pretty much the only one who calls them meatsacks.

- If you notice, Haiku 3 and 4 are missing, where are they?

*EDIT* Found missing Haiku's, read highlighted area in quoted area.

The Haiku's and the Radiance quote is all found in Robert Oppenheimer's database on the terminal.

Do you think that Oppenheimer's quote is important to the story or is it just added to add to the effect that it was Oppenheimer's account?

Guest JFTA01

Is it me or do the parts about tex mex and a bandanna sound like danny trejo and the first date and kick their brains up to the ceiling sound like sarah michelle gellar?

Is it me or do the parts about tex mex and a bandanna sound like danny trejo and the first date and kick their brains up to the ceiling sound like sarah michelle gellar?

Haha, now that I think about it they do! That's funny :P

I think you on to something In Haiku 1, either Dempsey or someone who found zombies alongside dempsey

If only we could have dates to poems, haiku's, etc. But that one does make me curious. I think that Dempsey wrote most of the Haiku's because he always "COULD USE A REVIVE" etc, so I think they may have been later dates. They were all found in Oppenheimer's account, IDK if that has any significance.

Guest nayrc

Seem strange that john appears to be sleeping in the 3rd poem and what is the monkey bomb doing In verruckt?

And the skipped haiku's is weired, you sure there is no other ones on any other user? (haven't been on the terminal in ages and don't have access to it right now

Seem strange that john appears to be sleeping in the 3rd poem and what is the monkey bomb doing In verruckt?

And the skipped haiku's is weired, you sure there is no other ones on any other user? (haven't been on the terminal in ages and don't have access to it right now

No other Haiku's appear to be in the Terminal. What I want to see is the information inside the characters accounts.

I FOUND THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

hmmmmmm, then why would 1, 2, and 5 be related to zombies?

I'm not sure. It seems weird that they choose 3 of 25 to be Zombies related. I don't know if there is a code within the numbers chosen (doubt it) or what, but it seems a bit weird to me.

Guest XAvengedLullabyX

I'm not sure. It seems weird that they choose 3 of 25 to be Zombies related. I don't know if there is a code within the numbers chosen (doubt it) or what, but it seems a bit weird to me.

can you possibly put the others on this thread, or put them somewhere else and link them, cause I want to read them and haven't been able to access the terminal lately

Guest football5699

I was watching America: The Story of Us and the quote was from Oppenheimer when he invented the Atomic Bomb. That was his quote about the bomb but who knows....

can you possibly put the others on this thread, or put them somewhere else and link them, cause I want to read them and haven't been able to access the terminal lately

Here's link http://callofduty.wikia.com/wiki/Dking

I was watching America: The Story of Us and the quote was from Oppenheimer when he invented the Atomic Bomb. That was his quote about the bomb but who knows....

Lol I have that it was his quote in the OP :p

Guest XAvengedLullabyX

the world may never know what these mean

Do you think they are Zombies related? I like the one about Sticks and Stones :P

They don't seem to be zombie related at all, maybe some sound a bit like they could tie in with zombies, but they have more relations with campaign, for example:

"It is him or not

Two souls trapped in one body

The other a Wolf"-this almost reminds me of Richtofen and his voices, but wouldn't make any sense

"Trapped in a small cell

Voices echo in the cave

But I see nothing"-reminds me of the CotD easter egg

and that's all I found, just tid bits of stuff that reminded me of zombies

the world may never know what these mean

Do you think they are Zombies related? I like the one about Sticks and Stones :P

They don't seem to be zombie related at all, maybe some sound a bit like they could tie in with zombies, but they have more relations with campaign, for example:

"It is him or not

Two souls trapped in one body

The other a Wolf"-this almost reminds me of Richtofen and his voices, but wouldn't make any sense

"Trapped in a small cell

Voices echo in the cave

But I see nothing"-reminds me of the CotD easter egg

and that's all I found, just tid bits of stuff that reminded me of zombies

Ya, these poems really interest me, I wish there was more information regarding them!

Guest football5699

Lol I have that it was his quote in the OP :P

Yeah I should've clarified that my opinion was that it was just there because it was his account my bad :oops: :lol:

Guest XAvengedLullabyX

Ya, these poems really interest me, I wish there was more information regarding them!

maybe once we can officially crack the "Der Riese" server, we'll find out a ton of unanswered questions

• 8 months later...

Lol I have that it was his quote in the OP :P

Yeah I should've clarified that my opinion was that it was just there because it was his account my bad :oops: :lol:

Don't even worry about it man, it's all good!

Guest perfectlemonade

Ok, I don't know much about the storyline, but...

Is John the Mexican subject?

Is this how Richtofen killed the Mexican subject?

I'm sorry, I'm a storyline noob...

Okay bie.

Guest Zombieofthedead

Okay bie.

That couldn't be, because Dempsey was with John in verruckt, and if I am correct they had the mexican subject before verruckt.

Okay bie.

That couldn't be, because Dempsey was with John in verruckt, and if I am correct they had the mexican subject before verruckt.

That is correct, John was part of the expedition to the Asylum, and the Mexican subject was killed in early September, before Richtofen was aware there was a team coming after Peter.