Cause of the Nova 6 Zombies Found **MUST SEE**

Faust

This might fit in better with it's own thread, so I've improved one of my theories and reposted it here.

A searched for any possible leads on any Nazi cloning experiments and found!... Nothing. But a quick search for Nazi GENETIC EXPERIMENTATION reveils that the Nazis commited horrible experiments in an attempt to for prisoners to be pushed to the absolute limit in a for of forced evolution. Evil bastards. He's just a short list of some of the things they've done:

Tissue, bone, and nerve transplants (As the subjects were alive!)

Head injury experiments

Effects of deep freezing (Based off the Russian Genome to see if it was more tolerant)

Exposer to Chemical Weapons

Sterialization

Effect of Poisons

Incendiary Bomb Explosion

Effects of drinking sea water and given no food (Most driven mad)

Perverted and evil stuff, and this is just naming a few. The point is, if you managed to combine all the effects of these experiments you would have a checklist to create a six!

Cranial Deformation and Surgery?

Tranfusion of Zombie Tissue With Living Tissue?

The ability to survive in Subzero temperatures?

The ability to survive most poisons and chemical weapons such as Nova 6?

Creating a living incendiary bomb of nova 6?

Spooky stuff if they managed to put all those together into a strung together corpse.

For further reading:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nazi_human_experimentation

Crawler-Party_lrg.jpg

After some more digging Magna found out something about nova 6 as I'll quote:

Once again Alpha strikes again, anyway can I just say how do you do it?

Anyway after reading this heres something that may interest you and may relate to Nova 6, 115 and how the infection possibly spread through Dna replication - There is a number in the console on 'five' 4774 - I type it into google and this came up - http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/gene/4774 ; http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/sites/entre ... &term=4774

adenovirus DNA replication.

http://pathmicro.med.sc.edu/mhunt/dna1.htm

Since you know more than me Alpha maybe you can come to a conclusion on something.

I thought about this for a while. This namely reminds me as some sort of biological MD Device to those of you that have read Ender's Game. In short, once it hits biological tissue, it then adjusts the DNA thus converting it into identical toxins. That would mean that as soon as you were exposed to Nova 6, it would begin to alter your DNA so that you begin to produce more Nova 6. Similar things have been spotted in HIV and Ebola.

So how can this be dangerous? Let me put it to you this way. John the postman gets a package from Russia. He opens the package and becomes infected without knowing it, John the postman goes into town to deliver a box of books to the schoolhouse. As John is now a Nova 6 production plant, he infects the children, who in turn become carriers themselves. The children spread it to parents, parents spread it to co-workers, and co-workers spread it to the cows. Now everyone in town is a handy WMD production facility. Of course this is assuming every host has a non-active or non-harmful virus within them and it hasn't killed them yet. Oh yes, and did you know that these types of viruses exist modern day? Yes, almost every member of the human race has these types of dormant organisms within their body, ready to reach their animal of origin, mutate, and do its job. Hell, you could be carrying the cat version of anthrax and you wouldn't even know. Even crazier, some other animal could carry a disease harmless to them, but deadly to humans. Remember the pigs in Rebirth? Possible attempts at carriers of Nova 6. Yes, exploding f***ing pig bombs.

Now here comes the difficult bit. While this type of global spread is completely possible and has happened before, the real issue is that most subjects and hosts would die from Nova 6 before the virus has a chance to replicate DNA and mutate. Instead of John the postman infecting the school children, Nova 6 would be too aggressive in its modification and would kill him as soon as he opens the package. So the real trick would be getting Nova 6 to hold back on mutating until a given point, then begin its transformation into a bioweapon. How would a genetically modified zombie possible become a carrier for Nova 6 when it would simply kill the creature before he even got close to the enemy? The simple answer is a process observed in the 1950s on the modification of bacteria when faced with a DNA mutagen like a virus. Otherwise known as:

The Restriction Modification System

In the process, when a bacteria was faced with a forced evolution brought on by a virus, the bacteria began to create proteins that more closely match that of the virus, thus calming the mutation process and regulating the amount of possible mutations as the virus eats away at the newly developed protein while leaving the original organism unharmed. Now let's assume each gasser was injected with this type of bacteria that had proper conditions for the Restriction System. The Nova 6 would eat away at the bacteria's developed proteins instead of the host, leaving the host carrier, in this case a nova 6 zombie, totally unharmed as the Nova 6 begins to turn the developing proteins into more Nova Six, gradually building inside until the host burst. Hell, as long as they were messing with the subjects DNA, why not inject them with the bacteria?

The last unsolved riddle is why the homegrown subjects were being kept in a cryogenic state and why our heroes are not effect massively by Nova Six. The only option I see was that the Nazis had hoped to create a person injected with this bacteria after they had finished with the genetic modification, send him into the Allies cities gradually infecting individuals until the vessel broke into a corrosive bomb of nova six, decimating an entire city. Along the way though, the genetic modification when wrong and their end product became the sixes, a pinnacle of the data servant project as to follow all orders through the irradiation and introduction of infected tissue and element 115, yet too horribly deformed to complete their tasks. Freaks of nature forgotten and left to rot below Kino.

As long as that is believed, one would say that if a subject was mentally destroyed in the Data Servant project that brainwashed Tank, Nicolai, and Takeo, they would undergo the horrible experiments to become a six. Once the sixes delivered their biological cargo, Germany would have needed foot soldiers to lead the charge into the gas without question. And so, Tank and the others were injected with the bacteria as to survive the assault on America through the Nova 6, thus saving them from the multitude of gasses thrown at them by the sixes at Kino. Ironically, this also condemns them, as now that they are infected the permanently live with the Nova Six within their system and can no long come into contact with anyone who isn't immune. Forever doomed to live outside society.

*Sauce for the RMS is linked.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest dykeso

At first i submitted my vote as there are still some holes to fill in, (something like that)

And once i had read that i was very impresses, alot of effort had been put into this thread, and immediately i changed my vote to (yes, we have found everything)

So basically im just saying, very good thread, take some brains :)

[brains]

Guest Faust

Thanks, I'm glad you enjoyed my theory. Hopefully this should put an end to some of the guesswork surrounding the sixes.

PS

I like your sig, it's really neat. :D

Guest yellow-card8

You said you found the cause of them but then you say "this is my theory"

But it's still a nice read and you did your research so here are some Brains [brains]

Regards Yellow-card8

Guest Faust

I'm going to consider this topic and my one regarding Dr. Steiner as two parts of the sam topic, but I'll keep them apart for organisation.

viewtopic.php?f=53&t=3916

Also, if you think I'm missing something, please post what it is you think. Remember, there is a difference between there being some holes and you not liking the end product.

Guest ALL-STAR_WELSHY

i dont care how modest you are you deserve brains my sir

you put alot of time and effort into not only organising this post into an understandable structure. but filling in all open questions with a completely plausable answer. i also know about the experiments of the nazis one of my jewish friends grandfathers survived the holocaust and has a genuine window in his side showing his intestines, liver...

i say has but unfortunately the man passed away a few years ago. experimentation was what the nazis in my eyes were renouned for and even though as you say they were evil bastards, i give credit where its due in the fact that they had some leading scientists amongst them. richtofen for one lol.

any way i am going to cut the babble.

well done sir [brains] [brains]

Regards ASWELSHY

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Faust

Wow man, that's something else. I've never heard of them doing that sort of thing before. I'm not sure whether to be amazed or disgusted. Maybe a mix of both, considering he lived with it his entire like. Plus side to that, you'll probably know if you have started drinking too much. :?

I'm glad you enjoyed me thread, it means a lot to me.

Guest dustyspud

Awesome work, but I feel there are still some holes regarding where they fit into the story line. For example, who specifically made them (Richtofen, Maxis, Steiner?), where were they made, and are the gassers, as they appear and behave, the desired result?

If I remember correctly, Richtofen, in KDT, says something along the lines of "these must be Maxis' failed experiments" in reference to the gassers. On the other hand, in another one of Richtofen's lines, I believe he refers to them as his "children," but correct me if I'm wrong about that.

Anyway, I'm glad this thread was made because I've been wondering about their origins for a while, well actually since they first appeared, as I'm sure all of us have.

Guest DarthChronikus

thats what I have been saying from the beginning, check the secrets of rebirth island thread... glad to see more peeps getting on board.. Thanks for all the hard work you put into this

Guest Faust

I hate to sound standoff-ish or like a jerk, but for you to say you already knew this is a little offensive.

I checked what you wrote and while you did have some sort of clue as to the fact that the sixes were super-soldiers, you had a basic grasp on the idea based on assumptions.

An assumption as to their origion is one thing. I've gone that extra mile and incorperated real life fact and supplementary knowledge. When you take a basic understanding and claim that you've already found what I have concluded would be like saying you saw the tricorder from Star Trek, then taking credit for the droid cellphone.

Sorry, but I tend to be willing to defend my writing. Don't take this thread away from me and we should be fine... But for the love of God, don't claim you did all this work. ;)

Guest DarthChronikus

I hate to sound standoff-ish or like a jerk, but for you to say you already knew this is a little offensive.

I checked what you wrote and while you did have some sort of clue as to the fact that the sixes were super-soldiers, you had a basic grasp on the idea based on assumptions.

An assumption as to their origion is one thing. I've gone that extra mile and incorperated real life fact and supplementary knowledge. When you take a basic understanding and claim that you've already found what I have concluded would be like saying you saw the tricorder from Star Trek, then taking credit for the droid cellphone.

Sorry, but I tend to be willing to defend my writing. Don't take this thread away from me and we should be fine... But for the love of God, don't claim you did all this work. ;)

your reading way too much into that. I was giving you a compliment. I have a good knowledge databadse, I do not just talk out of my neck and for the record there a lot of others who have said all this shit before, long before me and long before you. but you da man my friend I don't have the discipline to put all this shit together like that, I am just glad you can put down for others to see

Guest Faust

You could have just bashfully said, "Oh no, you misunderstand."

And try not to take me too seriously, we're all friends here. :)

Thank you for reading, sorry if we bashed heads for a second there. /i know that some other people on this site would have lost their heads, and I thank you for keeping cool. I still can't wait until I get my main PC back so I can start hitting the asylum. :mrgreen:

Guest freedfg

from what me my friends who are extreme zombie nerds thought they where was doctor maxis was teleported to kino der toten and started expirementing with nova 6 gas and after many failed attempts aka the human/zombie/other things in the barrels that are on the stage. but eventually he figured it out and thats how the nova six zombies where created

Guest Magna

I'm impressed I'm glad someone developed on the what I found in five. Hats off to you sir. The best wayin my opinion is picture the zombies like the flood (halo), necromorphs (deadspace) etc. Yes they are aliens but the way in which they mutate is similar to what is described in the opening post, and from what I've read I now fear mutation in my own body... *shivers* anyway good job. Keep upthe good work.

To answer the question of who made them it was Maxis, solely based on Richtofen's quote when seeing them, "These must be the failed experiments Maxis was telling me about."

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Faust

When a napalm zombie spawns richtofen shouts "What sort of mutation could have cause a fire zombie?"

Possible joke on how the sixes were made? I THINK SO! :D