** Important ** Signatures and Side Profile Information

But even the KH signature on it's own is too big with the new limit and I love it too much to let it go.

Don't worry Lenne, our main point of concern is the heigth of the signatures. Since some are really, really huge and this can become frustrating when someone posts a single sentence and their signature is about three times as big as the total post area (heigth-wise).

So we're still undecided on the best option there.

But since you're KH signature is only exceeding the current width limit (which, like Hells said, will most likely be increased) I'm sure yours will be fine.

Sorry for the inconvenience with your broken signature while we're still deciding on the final limits.

who/how many people were actually complaining about this.  really concern over taking 1-2 more clicks of the mouse wheel to get to the next post? yeah if someone had a obviously trolling signature that was only to annoy people that's one thing, but i never noticed anything about anyone's sig that was ever really an inconvenience.  Just feel like this is forum management for the sake of forum management

sorry for the double post, but i don't get to the boards as much as in the past and have to post while i can lol

Edited by the_clay_bird
  • Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tech Admin

It's for 2 reasons to be honest @the_clay_bird - large signatures are pet peave and most people hate them. They are taken up to much real estate, so we need to reduce them. No one has complained about them persay, we have decided to reduce them though.

Secondly, we are thinking of the future as well, I can't say too much but we are getting prepared to make sure we are in a good position now for future releases and updates to forum software and trying to reduce page load times by reducing the content as much as possible within signatures,

If you want use spoilers within a signature that's fine.

@the_clay_bird

First of all, let me be perfectly clear that we will never reveal the amount or specifically who complained/brought a topic to our attention.

Users can contact us about anything they may have a problem with, we respect their anonimity and the last thing I want to see is other users attacking them because their opinions clash.

Second, you make it sound like we completely disabled signatures altogether.

We simply revised the rules in response to feedback. 

New rules state that the image height limit is 300 pixels, this is more than enough for anyone to make an adequate, personal signature of their own.