Most popular Origins-Ending theory?

Riddler

Was Zombies just a game inside their heads?  

18 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hi, I've just joined the forum however I've been reading posts on here since black ops and I've been playing zombies since then.

But since BO2 I haven't really enjoyed the maps or took much notice of the story until origins, which (after having the DLC since its release) Im finally starting to actually play it and be interested in zombies again. After seeing the ending cutscene of Origins I was wondering what people most thought it was trying to display - whether or not they actually are just kids dreaming up a game or whether there is something else too it. Because tbh I think if that is the case then its a pretty rubbish ending (or whatever its supposed to be, ending, summary, beginning!? :wacko: ).

Im just wondering what, briefly, people are thinking about it as i'm v confused about it and really don't want it to be the case that they've just been playing a kids game.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Figuratively, yes. Literally, also yes. However I voted no. Here's why.

Treyarch said "Origins shows one possible way the zombies storyline came to be." That doesn't necessarily mean that it is the REAL way. Additionally, they said "EVERYTHING we've shown you is real." That right there means that there are multiple universes, each as real as the next. So yes, the events shown in Origins happened somewhere and some time in some universe. However, it isn't JUST a game. If the zombies universe is multiversal, it is all-encompassing.

So yes and no, but for the sake of simplicity, no.

Let's look at this logically. Treyarch knows what we love and hate and how far they can push us. Hence the PhDs flopper troll in both die rise and mob of the dead. They know we would hate the ending so why would they do it? Think of the room in origins what do you see in the "reality". We see the perk a cola bottles, the characters new and old, the wall weapons. Now if in the "reality" these aren't real then treyarch would remove everything that makes zombies what we love. The perks, characters, storyline and point system. If we begin to play in this alternate world then these would be in the next game :(. I love the theory by black hand smith very possible. Overall I believe the ending cutscene holds more than meets the eye. Please be sure to check out my theory here.

http://www.callofdutyzombies.com/forum/index.php/topic/159300-origins-cutscenes-the-storyline-isnt-over/

Let's look at this logically. Treyarch knows what we love and hate and how far they can push us. Hence the PhDs flopper troll in both die rise and mob of the dead. They know we would hate the ending so why would they do it? Think of the room in origins what do you see in the "reality". We see the perk a cola bottles, the characters new and old, the wall weapons. Now if in the "reality" these aren't real then treyarch would remove everything that makes zombies what we love. The perks, characters, storyline and point system. If we begin to play in this alternate world then these would be in the next game :(. I love the theory by black hand smith very possible. Overall I believe the ending cutscene holds more than meets the eye. Please be sure to check out my theory here.

http://www.callofdutyzombies.com/forum/index.php/topic/159300-origins-cutscenes-the-storyline-isnt-over/

I really like that theory that its a metaphor, I hope that it does have a meaning like that and it isn't just a cheap way out. 

I like the theory that states it's a metaphor of some sort, and there's more to the ending cutscene than it's just a game. At least, I hope so. Otherwise it seems like the entire epicness that was the zombie storyline is just.. Nothing.

---------------------------------------------------

- www.youtube.com/Immadrunkmonkey

Zombies and more

• 3 weeks later...

Personally I think her is a projection of her conscious mind, and being a child she perceives it as if it were game. It's difficult to explain, but it's like she constructed her own sanctuary inside the Aether. It's like how in Kino, we see two different perspectives of Samantha's room.

Personally I think her is a projection of her conscious mind, and being a child she perceives it as if it were game. It's difficult to explain, but it's like she constructed her own sanctuary inside the Aether. It's like how in Kino, we see two different perspectives of Samantha's room.

This is a great idea, and I hadn't heard this before.

So Sam is trapped in the Aether, playing games with us players in the real world.  She constructed this fake play room in her mind, filled with toys and a friend (Eddy), dad (Maxis), and memories of her as a human child mixed with experiences from the Aether and real world she can observe.  It's like she's protecting herself by fabricating a world where her actions are not harmful, but just a game.  

Reminds me of the Pyro video from Team Fortress, where the Pyro simply thinks he/she is spreading joy, not pain.  

This is also supposed to be how some psychopaths protect themselves, by fabricating an alternate reality or personality to isolate their true consciousness from the things they have done.  The Aether has snapped her mind and she's created a way to protect herself.

Also this idea explains why her room in Kino matches her room in the Origins Ending: http://www.callofdutyzombies.com/forum/index.php/topic/157762-samanthas-room-origins-vs-kino/#entry1467337