The Alcatraz Redemption Challenge

Kind of poor timing since the Olympics were just announced, but was planning on posting this on Saturday. I figure I might as well still post it and maybe let anyone interested try it as a warm up to the Olympics. I personally haven't touched my XBox in months so I know I need to get in game shape for the big summer tournament.

Anyway, here is the challenge.

6aa62aad9f80a7238d61e631d93167a2.png

The Challenge is for 3-4 player teams and is done on Mob of the Dead. Teams have 2 hours and 22 minutes to get as far as they can. That was enough time for Andy Dufresne to Shawshank his way out of prison. Players can keep playing after the time if they want, but once the game clock hits that time, their Rounds and Total Kills will be recorded. If the players break the cycle within that time frame, then they get a 5 round bonus. So ideally, you'd want to let the Weasel escape around the 2:21 mark. But doing the EE might not be worth the time so its each team's call.

Just to be clear, the challenge ends at the 2:22 mark in the game. So teams need to come up with a way to time themselves since I'll be using the theater mode clock. Feel free to check your score yourself using theater mode to make sure submissions are as close to accurate as possible.

Teams don't have to do the EE if they don't want to or think its not worth the time vs the 5 extra rounds.

38c07451506c9860b73776fc1a50b00b.png

The only restrictions are that players can not use the Death Machine or the Blundergat from the box. You can use the Blundergat from the Warden's desk. And they cannot use the Golden Spork. And the obvious rule of no cheating and glitching. All other weapons, perks,  and pack a punch are fair game.

The Challenge will officially start Saturday the 31st and last till June 13th, right before the Olympics are getting ready to start. The team with the highest round will win the Challenge and receive their names on the Golden Rock Tomahawk Trophy - Perfect for Shaping Rocks.

50648f7429d46fcb0ad48d52cb9fb254.png

Teams don't need to sign up. All players need to do is submit a game that's watchable in Theater mode. One person needs to have a watchable version of the game in their theater mode. Then just message me the name of that player and total length of the video so I can find it.  If its an Xbox player, I'll shoot them a friend request and watch the video to make sure the rules weren't broken. Its been a while since I've done this, but I'm pretty sure the player doesn't need to accept my request. Just don't deny it till after the challenge is over. If its a PS3 player and they are in the top 4 scores, I'll have another PS3 player check their game to make sure its clean.

Top 4 teams will be listed at the end. Highest Rounds win and teams with the same top round will have their total kill count break the tie.  No more then 1 player can be on two of the top four teams, and a player is only allowed to be on a max of two teams at the top. Winner's get the Trophy and their score recorded as the benchmark for the challenge in case future players want to try it. So when submitting the game to be watched, also include the Players and a Team Name.

The Leaderboards

fe52d396fc79ff65f8e1dfde01558d82.png

Just message me your data that will fill the leaderboard info. XBox scores I can check myself but we will need to come up with a system to check PS3 scores. I'll post them for now, but they are unofficial until we find an easy way to check them, since I don't have a PS3. Your rounds and kills should be recorded at the 2:22:00 mark in theater mode. Teams will need to find a way of timing themselves during gameplay, but the score should be recorded from theater mode since that's the clock I'll be using to check games. If you did finish the EE just send me your real score with a message saying you "BROKE THE CYCLE" and Al escaped. Then I'll add the 5 bonus rounds to your score before posting it to the leaderboard.

Hope everyone enjoys the challenge and hope it sharpens the rusty players for the real Tournament coming up.

Edited by Cheesegrater28
  • Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

This is one hell of a awesome concept for a challenge. I'll see if I can grab a team to try this. I would think 2 hours is well enough to escape but just maxing out my stats early on is going to be crazy. :D

I'm down, we should be able to get this done pretty early on.

This is one hell of a awesome concept for a challenge. I'll see if I can grab a team to try this. I would think 2 hours is well enough to escape but just maxing out my stats early on is going to be crazy. :D

I'm down, we should be able to get this done pretty early on.

Count me in, doods. This sounds awesome.

Thanks for the feedback guys and hope we can get some good teams to make it interesting. Just to give everyone a heads up, I'm going to be away from the internet Monday till Friday evening, so in case anyone asks a question I won't be able to answer. Didn't want you to think I ignored it. Friday night I plan on giving this a run around 11pm ET just to set a starting benchmark. Its going to be my first time playing in months so its not going to be that high of a score. But if anyone is interested in getting their names on the top of the leaderboards for the first couple of days, feel free to hit me up Friday night for the trial run. Then Saturday I'll post the score, make sure the rules are clear, and begin taking other team's scores updating the leaderboard every couple of days till the end date.   

@Cheesegrater28 You know about the "No Blundergat" rule, does that mean we're allowed to use the Blundergat from the Skulls?

Just asking since in order to "Break the Cycle" we need the Blundergat.

Yes. That's why I said no Blundergat from the box, so teams can't have more than one.

And the leaderboard is up. I didn't get to make a run at it yet so its blank. Needed a slow day after my trip. I'll probably make a late night run at it tonight and post a score tomorrow along with any one else's scores as well since the challenge has started. I can check XBox scores by myself to make sure they are clean. We can try to work on a system to check the PS3 scores as the week goes on. Like maybe I'll post it and anyone can check it or someone trustworthy with a PS3 can volunteer to check the top PS3 scores toward the end of the challenge date. So just because I post a PS3 score, that does not mean its been fully checked yet. Hope everyone is honest.

• 1 month later...