Kino tutorial (solo/multiplayer)

Hey guys!

For noobs out there who can only get to round 5, i'm going to make you better!

just read this tutorial and over the next few days you highest round on moon (or any other map) would be 25!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I take some credit to some youtubers, but most of it is myself.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(SOLO). Get quick revive. This will revive you when you are downed.

1. When you start, DO NOT SHOOT ZOMBIES! Most people I play with waste their ammo on round 1. Just knife the zombies 'cuz its 1 hit kill.

2.Keep doing this strategy (taking the occasional shots from the M1911) until round 3. By that time you should have around 1750-2500 points. Then buy the M14. You can buy the olympia but I don't recommend it.

3. Once you have the M14, shoot the zombies 1 less shot than the round your on. (such as on round 4, shoot them 3 times, round 5, shoot them 4 times) then knife them.

4. By round 4 you should have at the very least 2000 points. Unlock the upstairs door. DON'T BUY THE GUN OFF THE WALL! Keep doing the same strategy as stage 3 until you have 2950-3500 points.

5.Unlock the next door upstairs.Swap out the M1911 for the MP40. Use the M14 to shoot the zombies. Only use the MP40 if you are swarmed or someone is down.

6.Unlock the next door.Buy the MP5K. Start using the MP40. Sit by the doors to the stage but don't unlock them. By this time you should have got to round 6-7 depending on how you play.

7.On round 7-8, Unlock the stage doors. Dont turn on the power. Train the zombies around the thing in the middle of the stage. 

8. When the round is over, turn on the power.Buy the AUG, assuming you have the money. On any console other than the wii, either buy the M16 or stay with the guns you have.

9. BEFORE YOU DO ANYTHING ELSE, buy Juggernog.

10. Once you have Juggernog, spend the next few rounds on the stage training the zombies. This is why you need juggernog. If you train without Juggernog then you could go down quite easily because zombies could come up behind you.

11.After you do that, you can go and get 2 box rolls if you have found the box.

12.Train on the stage.

13.Once you have 5000, link the teleporter to the mainframe and teleport to the PaP room.PaP the worst weapon you have. This will make the worst the best gun. If you are stuck over which gun to PaP, check their ammo. The less ammo nearly always means its better, this rule does not apply to the crossbow, ballistic knife or the ray gun.

14. Repeat step 10 & 11.

15. From whatever round you re on to round 17, just train up on the stage, getting perks as you go.

16.From round 18,start doing a full map train. I go from the stage to the lobby and then I follow the upstairs route back to the stage and repeat. Whilst doing this, be sure to kill the zombies as you go.

If this tutorial helped, tell me in the comments!

This tutorial will work on any console.

:)

Gamertag: [pro] black-knight, firey hell.

Edited by lawlman223
  • Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice little guide man, good for total beginners. Just two things I'd suggest/change that made me much better at the game:

1) Jug is more important than anything else. Realising how good jug is when I first started made my rounds go from about 15- 30.

2) Don't hit the box until you have jug. Use a wall weapon till about round 10, they're more than strong enough.

Always go for knife. Makes max points, saves ammo, easy to use. Always question a 'strategy' that doesn't include knife first in bo1. Buy the MPL. In a 1 or 2 player game you should get the knife/power on on round 5.

Then get jugger as soon as possible.

By round 11, buy MP40/speed cola.

I recommend opening the bottom door from start: easier full-map run and leaving the top door closed makes the start room decent for running trains too (first game that i played solo, i got to 18 just running the start room). My highest solo is 44, quit.

Sorry man. I love to discuss strategy, but i just feel that your giving terrible advice. Each to their own and all but;

Bo1 you often must buy a wall gun at first. Never buy the Olympia/mk14 unless trying to fail. Hit the terrible mpl or mp5k, hopefully won't need ammo buys often because this is so badly balanced in bo1.

Always knife> jugger> box gun, almost never hit the box before knife, jugger.

Pap when you need ammo and do it to your best gun. Why are you telling them to pap mp5k? For zombies, you generally want a fast movement gun (like start pistol) and a big magazine gun.

You were spot on on stabbing early rounds: rd1 1, rd2 2, rd 3+4 3 stabs. Come at them in a small loop; come in left, stab as you cross them, pull back and right, this stops them from hitting you in bo1, to avoid early downs.

You were correct about the stage: some go on the stage, i like to run counter clockwise (simply easier, control-wise) in front of the stage, up the stage, back down in front. This makes the zombies follow specific paths that are fairly easy to avoid.

At a certain point, it gets too crowded. Start looping clockwise: from stage> start room> double tap area> stage/repeat.

By like 30, the solo trains get so long that you must clockwise the whole map: stage>mp40> start> mpl> double tap> stage.

With 4: 1 runs start (upstairs door closed), 1 or 2 run stage, 1 or 2 run loop around map, communicating with the stage to coordinate pass-through.

That's my take, feel free to rip it apart. Ha. :)

Don't stop strategizing, just expect to hear some different views. I know that well, not everyone will agree with me either.

Happy gaming!

Additional: buy Claymore, drop them in the alcove by jugger, camp at the mouth of that area for dogs. If you get overrun or need a reload while under duress, simply back into the minefield.

Same as all bo1 maps, don't stab your teammate when you are down, if you have the BK/Sickle, as this will kill your teammate usually (but when you are up, you can stab them all that you want).

Also, some gas zombies (and to a lesser extent regular zombies) turn invisible in Kino, more than most any other bo1 map. The gas zombies usually still emit 'fumes' so you know where they are.

Edited by 83457

Fun fact, you'll only kill the last standing teammate with the Bowie Knife or the Sicle. Otherwise it does nothing.

Thanks for that. I did a lot of 2 player online and offline split screen, it happened to me constantly, now i know why.

Same with the hacker glitch on Moon. It only happened with 2 people online, or if you did offline split screen: as soon as one player dies, hacker is glitched: no words show up for it. It still works, but doors are bad because you might buy them for full price.

To make hacker work, you had to back just slightly out of range of the door price, so the screen said nothing, but if you were close enough, hacker would work. What a pain in the ass when being chased by zombies.

Ugh, Moon, so glitchy and bad. Such a disappointing way to end bo.

Edited by 83457

After me and a buddy had our game end on Kino at round 43, we did some extensive testing on it.

Ballistic knife shot can kill too, but it's very hard to pull off.

Only the last standing player can recieve friendly fire. If there is more than one standing character then no one can recieve friendly fire.

Only need Knife, then M14 + Knife, and then Bowie Knife before Round 10... all kills should be melee kills.

I LOVE melee kills... the point gain is outrageous.

However, I note from the fact that you say purchase the AUG (awesome!) from the Theatre that this relates to the Android / iOS version of BOs, which I've never played.

Chances are, beginners aren't going to even know of this sites existence, unfortunately. :(

But I'll agree with previous posters on this topic. Absolutely prioritize juggernog. Taking five hits instead of two is a big help. And

@83457

Magen you said buy the MPL and MP5K, perhaps did you mean MPL and PM63? Cuz those are the two guns next to spawn.

@83457

When you said buy the MPL and MP5K, perhaps did you mean MPL and PM63? Cuz those are the two guns next to spawn.

Oh, my bad. The mp5k is often one of the early weapons, i guess the other one is here, sorry.

The op mentioned the mp5k, so i had that in my thoughts as i posted.