Xbox Games with Gold

The tags are dodgy. Ah well.

If you're on Xbox 360 (Not sure about XBone yet), Microsoft release 2 free games a month, for about 2 weeks each.

You'll probably get some kind of ad on the Dashboard that has the caption "free with gold!" alongside a screen of the game that is free.

Best part, once you've downloaded it, it's a free legal download forever.

I tested it out with Sleeping Dogs and now I can re-download it whenever I want. :P

IMO some games aren't that great. But they have had a few decent games like Dead Rising 2, Sleeping Dogs and Saints Row The Third.

It's a good thing if you've not got much money to spend on your Xbox.

Also, depending on what game is free, the DLC for that game is often reduced too. Usually something like 50% off.

Requirements for Games with Gold

• Xbox LIVE Gold Membership
  • Free space on your HDD/USB (Space will vary with each game)
  • Time (To download of course)

Free game at the moment

Gotham City Imposters & Guacamelee

Games with Gold since list started:

May's 2nd free game: Saints Row the Third  (Ended)

June's 1st free game: Dark Souls (Ended)

June's 2nd free game: Charlie Murder & Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition. (Ended)

July's 1st free game: Gotham City Imposters & Guacamelee

Edited by TheNathanNS
  • Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They had Civilization Revolution on there awhile back, that game is awesome. One of the Lara Craft games was up too, I played the shit out of that for awhile. Deadlight is the one I got most recently. It's pretty decent, if a little tedious. 

In June they're adding this to the One. I'm curious what games it will be, since they don't have a decades worth of releases to pull from.

for Xbox One, here are the scheduled June releases:

2014.06.?? Halo: Spartan Assault

2014.06.?? Max: The Curse of Brotherhood

And actually, the 360 is getting 3 free games next month:

2014.06.?? Dark Souls

2014.06.?? Charlie Murder

2014.06.?? Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition

Never played Dark Souls, but I've heard good things. Also, I personally loved Charlie Murder - awesome side scrolling beat 'em up RPG with badass music. Everyone should get that game!

Source: http://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/wiki/gameswithgold

Updated OP.

Dark Souls is June's first free game.

@TheNathanNS I told you that on May 22nd :P

2014.06.?? Dark Souls

Never played Dark Souls, but I've heard good things. Also, I personally loved Charlie Murder - awesome side scrolling beat 'em up RPG with badass music. Everyone should get that game!

Dark Souls is the hardest combat RPG I've ever played. It's not forgiving at all and doesn't hold your hand to show you the ropes. Instead other players can leave signs for you to read about what's around the corner so you don't charge in with your pants around your ankles and get cut down. The game is not to be taken lightly for one moment.

Updated OP.

Dark Souls is June's first free game.

@TheNathanNS I told you that on May 22nd :P

2014.06.?? Dark Souls

I know...

but... I'm lazy, what can I say. :P

• 2 weeks later...

Dust was boring :P

GET CHARLIE MURDER

GET CHARLIE MURDER

GET CHARLIE MURDER

GET CHARLIE MURDER

Seriously, I bought this game for full price a year ago. It's brilliant, fun and has a loot/leveling system on par with Borderlands. GET CHARLIE MURDER WHILE ITS FREE.

OK, So I played it, my opinions:

- Horrible graphics

- Horrible soundtrack

- Bland characters

- Ruined my 9350 achivement score

- 0.5/10 wouldn't play again.

I joke.

I still stand by my "Ruined my 9350 achievement score" statement though, now it's 9360!

All in all, it's a decent game, though I'm stuck on the part with the grenades and the toilet. I threw them everywhere and I still can't progress.

Everytime I tried to do some co-op, no one was playing. To me, it'll seem more fun if you're playing with friends rather than solo. Maybe a bit easier too.

Speaking of easy, I feel it's too easy NOT to die. I don't know if that'll change as the game progresses, but where I am now, it's way to easy to survive.

Good for a beat 'em up nut the one thing I really hate about the game is how there's blatent product placement, the Windows Phone.

My actual review is: 7.6/10, fun.

I like the idea, but I'm baffled by all the little pictures and icons that pop up. I don't know what any of it does. Especially all the beer ingredients. I found myself wishing it was a little simpler. I'm not into RPGs at all so that may be why. I'll play a little more of it, just to see where it goes.

I played about 20 minutes of co op with my brother, that was pretty fun.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Just got TitanFall for 12 bucks on 360

End of the Year sales are Happening for one week only then next week there will be a New set of Sales. Plus every day there will be 2 games that will change. 

I'm thinking...either I get Thief for $11 or Lego Lord of the Rings for $5

I got titanfall for xbox one for $9.99 on cyber monday from the live store.  Great deals going on lately for sure!