Hells redeemer guide

Same with the spork, there probably is a post somewhere deep down.

Note:

Step 1: kills on the bridge. You must get 30 kills on the Golden Gate Bridge with the Hells retriever. Note: you CAN NOT shoot. If you do, you have to go back and do it again. You will get a audio cue once you get 30.

Step 2: throw your retriever in the pit of fire. When you come back to the prison, go to the floor with the lava pit, the one with the hell dog. Throw your retriever into the pit. Your icon should constantly flash. This means your on to step 3

Step 3: Next round, go Into afterlife in the showers. Go to where you pick up the hells retriever and blue should be there, pick up your redeemer In afterlife and revive yourself.

Features of the redeemer:

It is more powerful and will travel further.

It takes less time to charge and charges three levels instead of two.

It is a insta kill on any round as long as you charge it once.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yes exactly. I don't know if it's 30 exactly, but you need Retriever kills on the island until you hear the audio cue, then the same thing on the bridge without shooting.

The whole past R10 thing is not necessary, but most people find that even if they're on the bridge prior to R10, they still don't hear the audio cue until after. 

Regardless it's pretty tough to get it done before R10 and there's no point in rushing it since you don't really need it until a decent amount past R10...If you take your time, but focus on the dogs and the Retriever + Plane parts, you should be finishing up R10 on the bridge and get the noise, so the debate about before or after to me is irrelevant.

It is to me because if I'm having a good enough game to be in position for it before R10, I'll end up staying on the bridge longer anyways to rack up points, but I suppose if you're after the ultimate truth of it, it's relevant.

I actually use R10 as a marker...If we don't have the plane ready to go and everyone working on Retriever kills at least by then, I know the game is not going well.

It is to me because if I'm having a good enough game to be in position for it before R10, I'll end up staying on the bridge longer anyways to rack up points, but I suppose if you're after the ultimate truth of it, it's relevant.

I actually use R10 as a marker...If we don't have the plane ready to go and everyone working on Retriever kills at least by then, I know the game is not going well.

Relevance is not relative (oddly enough). There is no "to me" something either is or isn't relevant. It's a property of a statment to another statement. It doesn't matter who poses it. Language in debate is very important, sorry I'm being such a stickler about this, but these kinds of things bother me.

It would be acceptable to say it isn't important, or practical or is unnecessary for you. It is not acceptable to say it is irrelevant. Sorry again. I hope this clears up what I meant though.

Let me correct this guide and all speculation once and for all.

First step is to get the tomahawk.

Second is kills in the prison/anywhere (maybe). Once you hear the sound you are set to move on. I'm sure its less than 30 as I usually do this step with the zombies from the laundry plane part step.

Third you go to the bridge and complete a whole round without shooting a shot, killing everything with the tomahawk. Once you hear the sound on completion of a round, you're good. The very earliest that this step can be completed is at the end of Round 10, making 12 the earliest round you can have the Redeemer.

Fourth, go and throw your tomahawk into the fiery pit in the center of the prison. If it isn't accepted you did something wrong.

Final step is on the round after the one where you lose your tomahawk to the pit. Go in afterlife to the place where you got the tomahawk originally and pick it up. Voila, you're done.

These are the exact steps. For the last month and a half I have been playing this map and yeah, this is how it's done.

Edited by Dahniska

Let me correct this guide and all speculation once and for all.

First step is to get the tomahawk.

Second is kills in the prison/anywhere (maybe). Once you hear the sound you are set to move on. I'm sure its less than 30 as I usually do this step with the zombies from the laundry plane part step.

Third you go to the bridge and complete a whole round without shooting a shot, killing everything with the tomahawk. Once you hear the sound on completion of a round, you're good. The very earliest that this step can be completed is at the end of Round 10, making 12 the earliest round you can have the Redeemer.

Fourth, go and throw your tomahawk into the fiery pit in the center of the prison. If it isn't accepted you did something wrong.

Final step is on the round after the one where you lose your tomahawk to the pit. Go in afterlife to the place where you got the tomahawk originally and pick it up. Voila, you're done.

These are the exact steps. For the last month and a half I have been playing this map and yeah, this is how it's done.

yes. I forgot to add the kills in the prision

There seems to be a lot of confusion with this step, but I can shed some light.

Once you obtain the Retriever, you can get the kills required to get the first part of the upgrade anywhere. On the island or the bridge. Then once you go to the bridge, you need to get at least ONE kill on the bridge with the retriever... you CAN shoot as much as you like, but once you have got the one kill required, you must stay on the bridge for one whole round. You will get the notification sound that means it has worked on the last kill of the round it is required.

Return to the island and throw the retriever into the pit to get the upgrade! (tried and test over 100 times)

Relevance is not relative (oddly enough). There is no "to me" something either is or isn't relevant. It's a property of a statment to another statement. It doesn't matter who poses it. Language in debate is very important, sorry I'm being such a stickler about this, but these kinds of things bother me.

It would be acceptable to say it isn't important, or practical or is unnecessary for you. It is not acceptable to say it is irrelevant. Sorry again. I hope this clears up what I meant though.

Since we're on the topic of language, you failed to read my original statement which said the debate about this was irrelevant to me, because it is. 

There seems to be a lot of confusion with this step, but I can shed some light.

Once you obtain the Retriever, you can get the kills required to get the first part of the upgrade anywhere. On the island or the bridge. Then once you go to the bridge, you need to get at least ONE kill on the bridge with the retriever... you CAN shoot as much as you like, but once you have got the one kill required, you must stay on the bridge for one whole round. You will get the notification sound that means it has worked on the last kill of the round it is required.

Return to the island and throw the retriever into the pit to get the upgrade! (tried and test over 100 times)

I couldn't get it to work this way. Do you play Offline, online? Solo, co-op?

I seriously can't believe there's another thread about the redeemer, over a year after the map has come out.

DBZ, I've had teammates do it your way, but I've never managed to do it myself that way.

Danishka's way is perfect IMO. It's the way I've always done it, and it always seems to work.

@eternal and Mega. I can confirm, 100 times over, that you cannot do the bridge step before round 10. I've tried it on round 6 solo before, hasn't worked.

To the OP, if you can't find a thread, even with the search function, use Google. Google what you want, with CODZ at the end of it, it often brings up what you want.

And finally one last thing I'd like to throw in, is when you chuck the 'hawk into the fire pit and it doesn't work try throwing it in the other side. I used to get so stuck on that bit, could never get it in a co op game, only solo, then a friend told me to do it on the side of the dogs- worked every single time after that.

I couldn't get it to work this way. Do you play Offline, online? Solo, co-op?

It does not matter if it's solo, co-op or offline.

Dhaniska's guide is right minus one thing... you can shoot on the bridge when you get there. You cannot get the second notification on the bridge until at least the final kill on 10. It is impossible to get it before the end of 10, so as Dhan said, the absolute minimum round the Redeemer is obtainable is round 12. I always shoot Brutus when I get to the bridge to get rid of him quick and it never prevents me from getting the upgrade.

One thing to note... when playing on co-op, everyones position where they have to throw the Retriever into the pit is different. Some can throw it right into the pit, some have to throw it near the top etc. I have seen people throw their Retriever well over a dozen times before they find that sweet spot and the Retriever finally get's taken.

Either way, you can definitely get the first set of kills anywhere, but you MUST spend at least one full round on the bridge up to the end of round 10.