• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So far i've encountered Panzerhunds, maxis drones, reverse engineered ancient technology, nazis in mech suits, giant robots...

What is this?  Origins!?

Awesome game, there aren't many games that have me thinking about them when I'm not playing - but that's how this new Wolfenstein is.  When you aren't playing, you are thinking about playing - when you are playing, hours slip by unnoticed.  Such a pleasant surprise, I really thought it was going to be a dud.

On top of that, props to the developers for releasing a single player only game in a sea of single player/multiplayer games.  I truly believe that multiplayer is an unneeded add on in most games - the new Tomb Raider, Assassins Creed - if they took the time they put into multiplayer, and used it for single player, I guarantee those games would have been better (not saying they weren't great).

It's polished, it's retro, it's future, it's fresh.  Like I said, a totally welcome surprise.

I also want to point out how much this game contrasts to the 2009 Wolfenstein. In the previous game, there was a big focus on the occult, and the Thule Society. However, in this game, everything is much more "science" and technological advancements. Hell, even Set Roth says in game that the "occult" and the "paranormal" are bogus and simply aren't real, which I'd like interpret as a jab to the devs for Wolf 2009. Either way, I love both of these games, despite the major differences between them.

PS I have almost every perk except for one. It's so hard to get 5 kills with an unmounted turret when you're playing on UBER.

Finally got my copy of the game, this game is just amazing. I had faith in the game when I saw that Bethesda was making it, but man, this just blew me away, one of the best games I have played practically ever. It's just fun, engaging, and everything just plays smooth.

And the Dual Wielding is just so much fun, nothing beats taking two Automatic Shotguns and running up to a clueless Nazi and blowing his face off.

I got my copy yesterday too. Was lucky, asked the girl in gamestop if I could have a pre-order copy, and she said no problem.

Havent played that much of it, but if a game makes you move in your seat according to what happened on screen, its great in my books!

My only complaint is the screen movement (as you walk it moves slightly left/right). It made me feel a bit sick, but I was out the night before, so it could've been a mix of that!

Finally got my copy of the game, this game is just amazing. I had faith in the game when I saw that Bethesda was making it, but man, this just blew me away, one of the best games I have played practically ever. It's just fun, engaging, and everything just plays smooth.

And the Dual Wielding is just so much fun, nothing beats taking two Automatic Shotguns and running up to a clueless Nazi and blowing his face off.

Actually, Bethesda just published it. It was made by Machine Games.

Also grill, why does it make you nervous?

Most likely because usually when a game advertises that by preordering, you can play another game, it can mean that the base game isn't that good. However, I personally have high hopes for this.

Well bioshock infinite came with a bonus download of bioshock 1…. 

Portal 2 came with a TF2 download and a HL2 bonus… 

Black opes 1 comes with DLC 1 now commonly...

All mario advance games came with "mario brothers" installed with it… 

The nintendo 3ds came with super mario bros, legend of zelda 1 and 2, metroid, balloon bros, donkey kong 2, kirby and the amazing mirror, warioware inc, wario land 4, metroid fusion, mario cart 64, mario vs donkey kong, legend of zelda minish cap, and a few other games if you got the ambassador type. 

• 2 weeks later...

I just wanted to say that I love the reloading mechanism. You can carry two huge weapons simultaneously. Not realistic for the average person, but you aren't average, so okay. But when you reload, you put one weapon down, reload it, put the other down, reload it, and then put them back up. I thought that was so cool and more realistic than nearly all other shooters that have two guns I've seen. (Let's put the guns behind our backs and magically reload!)

Does anyone know if they managed to fix or sidestep the magic clip ammo teleportation? In Call of Duty games for example, if you shoot half of a 30-bullet magazine and then choose to reload, the remaining 15 bullets in that magazine will magically teleport from the mag you just threw on the ground and fill up a new magazine in your pocket. If I ever get to make a FPS, that will be the first thing I fix.

• 9 months later...

Cheers hell warrrior for than man

Plus I tried to us the beta code that I got with my copy and it didn't work, it was a new copy too. Wolfenstien was one of my fave games last year but with no dlc talk I pretty much have up. But outta know where this dlc just appears now I can't wait for it.

Edited by Dopey Legend
  • Moderators

Already dlc? It's been a year since release haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Story DLC (which isn't cut out of the game before release) wil typically take 9-15 months to release. Just look at Bioshock Infinite or GTA IV.

Since... you know story dlc takes more time than your typical map pack.

:P