two secret zombie locations?

Hey guys, CODBO2RGM2 here! I have a theory that could change your whole idea on the storyline of the call of duty zombies franchise!

The theory

Ok so here's my theory. After the four characters Marlton, Misty, Russman, and Stuhlinger activated the Tower of Babble in Tranzit, they then hopped on the bus and passed by Nuketown and broke down nearby. The four characters then entered the ruins and went into the fallout shelter after being jumped by zombies. After heading into the fallout shelter, they were suddenly knocked out by a strange light (the missile hitting nuketown a second time) and knocked out. Richtofen got mad and resurrected them and sent them to the remains of Ascension. After activating the teleporter from Maxis's orders (While fighting zombies) Richtofen made the teleporter teleport them to Der Reise, which remained intact, which they had to power that location as the "core" of all the element 115 they use in order to power all 3 towers (In tranzit, Die Rise, and Buried) to gain Richtofen/Maxis control. After following one of the two's orders, they used the teleporter and were sent to Die Rise to activate the second tower. And that concludes my theory. Tell me your thoughts on this theory! Go ahead and share!

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nuketown happens before Tranzit because we see the eyes turn blue that map and the rockets that destroy the world impact after you die. Thats why the sun is still shining through on Nuketown, but on Tranzit it looks like its night time even though the sun is out.

Not sure why they would have went to Ascension or Der Reise. Is there anything that made you specifically think they went there? there's nothing saying you're wrong since anything is possible, but just curious what made you think they went to those two spots.

Nuketown happens before Tranzit because we see the eyes turn blue that map and the rockets that destroy the world impact after you die. Thats why the sun is still shining through on Nuketown, but on Tranzit it looks like its night time even though the sun is out.

Not sure why they would have went to Ascension or Der Reise. Is there anything that made you specifically think they went there? there's nothing saying you're wrong since anything is possible, but just curious what made you think they went to those two spots.

Because how would those four have any possibility to travel from the USA to China in a random purple light? Ascension + Der Reise have teleporters that can send them to the place.

The Die Rise loading cutscene shows them teleporting from the Western US to China in the purple light.

f4546b1f4d192b699fa59c9ca84804c9.png

The game never really does a good job of explaining what happened. Its made to look like Richtofen somehow had the power to do so, but then later we are shown walking the length of Africa to get to the Rift. Just another hole in the story I guess.

The Die Rise loading cutscene shows them teleporting from the Western US to China in the purple light.

f4546b1f4d192b699fa59c9ca84804c9.png

The game never really does a good job of explaining what happened. Its made to look like Richtofen somehow had the power to do so, but then later we are shown walking the length of Africa to get to the Rift. Just another hole in the story I guess.

True. True. That's where I got the theory from. The theory is based on the picture above ^. I guess it might be a missing link in the story or it might just be a figment of my imagination.

One idea that might actually fix the hole is to say that somehow Richtofen just loses his power after Die Rise. The game never really shows anything to suggest this but there are some things that back this up. Like how Tranzit is the only map that kind of explains why the zombies try to stop you even though you might be helping Richtofen. Tranzit is the only map where the zombies wear those collars. Even on Town, Depot, and Farm the zombies don't wear the collars so why are they specifically in Tranzit?

This could be to explain how the zombies still try to stop you after you start to help Richtofen. Maxis, who has control over some electrical things like on Moon and the radios in Tranzit, might have found a way to control the zombies with those collars. Thats why they attack you no matter which side you choose. But the rest of the maps after Tranzit don't have the collars. So maybe something happens which causes Richtofen to lose control of he zombies and the ability to teleport the new crew.

One explanation could be that maybe the old crew did something. A great feature for this in the next game would be to give us a remake of Moon as an extra map with the game kind of like what Nuketown was. But start it out with a cutscene or intro showing time passing by for the old 4 after the Moon rockets launch. The time between Nuketown and Die Rise. Then play the redone version of the map, but now have an EE that results in the old 4 with Sam in Richtofen's body. The EE would involve the group somehow setting the self destruct on Griffin Station and escaping back to Earth through the teleporter. The explosion of the MPD leaves Richtofen in the Aether but takes away some of his power and control, which is why he can't teleport them around again wand why Maxis doesn't need a way to control the zombies around the world.  

And instead of the old group going right back to Earth, they get trapped in the Aether as well as the station explodes the Moon teleporter, trapping them in the Origins map. Kind of like a phone cord getting cut on one end. Then after the Origins EE they reach Argatha and the story continues from whatever the final cutscene was supposed to be showing. And Maybe after all that they finally end up coming through the Area 51 teleporter, right next to Tranzit and disable the tower there, robbing whoever is in charge of their power.

Maybe.....But Probably not.

It's another hole. Sorry to say, but Origins really derailed the whole storyline. I suppose you could also say that the N4 derailed it all even before that, but I think the N4 would have been great additions to the story...If Treyarch had finished that arc.

What we're left with is an ending to it all, rushed, leaving much of the events leading to this end still hanging in limbo as unresolved conflict and untold tales.

I doubt very much the next Zombies will have ANY previous story elements because the more they try to explain it, the worse these holes get. It's going to be better if they just pick a new storyline and focus on that arc.

One idea that might actually fix the hole is to say that somehow Richtofen just loses his power after Die Rise. The game never really shows anything to suggest this but there are some things that back this up. Like how Tranzit is the only map that kind of explains why the zombies try to stop you even though you might be helping Richtofen. Tranzit is the only map where the zombies wear those collars. Even on Town, Depot, and Farm the zombies don't wear the collars so why are they specifically in Tranzit?

This could be to explain how the zombies still try to stop you after you start to help Richtofen. Maxis, who has control over some electrical things like on Moon and the radios in Tranzit, might have found a way to control the zombies with those collars. Thats why they attack you no matter which side you choose. But the rest of the maps after Tranzit don't have the collars. So maybe something happens which causes Richtofen to lose control of he zombies and the ability to teleport the new crew.

One explanation could be that maybe the old crew did something. A great feature for this in the next game would be to give us a remake of Moon as an extra map with the game kind of like what Nuketown was. But start it out with a cutscene or intro showing time passing by for the old 4 after the Moon rockets launch. The time between Nuketown and Die Rise. Then play the redone version of the map, but now have an EE that results in the old 4 with Sam in Richtofen's body. The EE would involve the group somehow setting the self destruct on Griffin Station and escaping back to Earth through the teleporter. The explosion of the MPD leaves Richtofen in the Aether but takes away some of his power and control, which is why he can't teleport them around again wand why Maxis doesn't need a way to control the zombies around the world.  

And instead of the old group going right back to Earth, they get trapped in the Aether as well as the station explodes the Moon teleporter, trapping them in the Origins map. Kind of like a phone cord getting cut on one end. Then after the Origins EE they reach Argatha and the story continues from whatever the final cutscene was supposed to be showing. And Maybe after all that they finally end up coming through the Area 51 teleporter, right next to Tranzit and disable the tower there, robbing whoever is in charge of their power.

Maybe.....But Probably not.

I believe you on your part. I was thinking that Treyarch was supposed to throw in a secret DLC map (or two dont really care how much) that takes the four new characters back to old maps such as Ascension and Der reise as part of the easter egg and the place is like a "core" to harness the element 115 in order to gain Richtofen/Maxis control of the zombies and send these characters over to Die Rise to activate the second tower. The reason I say a core is because for some reason, the tower of babble was overheating with element 115 and needed a place to send the extra and open the gateway to the aether for Richtofen/Maxis' souls can override and control the zombies.

It's another hole. Sorry to say, but Origins really derailed the whole storyline. I suppose you could also say that the N4 derailed it all even before that, but I think the N4 would have been great additions to the story...If Treyarch had finished that arc.

What we're left with is an ending to it all, rushed, leaving much of the events leading to this end still hanging in limbo as unresolved conflict and untold tales.

I doubt very much the next Zombies will have ANY previous story elements because the more they try to explain it, the worse these holes get. It's going to be better if they just pick a new storyline and focus on that arc.

I will agree Origins screwed up the storyline. If they didn't throw it in, the zombies storyline wouldn't end there. It keep going. But I feel it was good because then it gave more of a background on the characters. So it's not bad, and its not good.

The theory lacks evidence or any type of quote that suggests that they went to ascension or der riese. The fact that the 4 characters met near nuketown is was debunked in Buried. 

Marlton was definitely not in the bus when it passed nuketown. Marlton and Misty were together in the town fighting the undead when Russman and stuhliner came to their rescue. The missile hitting nuketown may or may not have destroyed nuketown. The location of the missiles hitting earth caused 3 Time pockets to appear. The first location was in america the second location was in china and the third location was in africa. The aftermath resulted in Time distortions that caused things to appear that were not normally supposed to appear in that time frame. This is why Tranzit takes place in the 60's  Die Rise takes place in the 90's and The event's of buried occur In an unknown year ( Surface ) and the old western days 1865-1890'a give or take. 

So it is very possible that they did not go to ascension or Der riese, Also the die rise cutscene...

As for whether or not Origins fucked up the story It actually didn't because it's very likely that Origins is the paradox that occurred when you complete the Buried endgame for maxis. Think about it like this   Die Rise--> Buried(Origins)---->Next map

They can travel from place to place through death. 

Unlike the O4 who never died and had to keep traveling from place to place by conventional means, the N4 are no where near as strong, as they aren't enfused with 115 (well maybe stulenger, but he's not a super soldier) and thus, they were defeated by zombies either by having to sleep, or something… Either way when they died (after the events of tranzit) their bodies were resurrected in china, as richtofen, a new leader who DOES have power over life and death, pulls them up there. However he does not continue this after die rise, and russman leads the group to the rift. Where richtofen gets them to preform the final steps of reworking the towers. 

I should add by the way, that the actual storyline promotes the idea of richtofen being the "cannon" storyline, as why would he teleport a resistant and unhelpful group to china if they betrayed him? Richtofen is NOT the one for second chances (he is a nazi after all), so why would he move stu and crew to the new area? 

Of course, richtofen would have also been aware of the present afflictions of russman and his guidance may have been needed to get ANY group to approach the rift. So there is a counter argument, but a counter-counter argument is that richtofen could have convinced anyone, even a more trustworthy group.

Is it possible that the general area near the rift is too full of energy for proper translation between stu and richtofen? Maybe That may lead to why richtofen needed russman, as he doesn't actually address stulenger until he his bellow ground….

MotD was foreshadowing. 

Origins ending cutscene illustrates the foreshadowing. We're just dolls while playing zombies, destined to play over and over again. While it's a fun game for Sam and Eddy, it's hell for the dolls(us, the players).

This is why there are reality references in MotD, "Did you see that? A gun just appeared on the wall!" It's meant to show what a zombie game would be like IRL, that's why the zombies have a different eye color and a different look, it's meant to show that MotD does not happen in the same arc as all the other maps, but they're still connected. The comic book that Weasel is writing is meant to symbolize the children's game (as comic books are meant for children).