Coloured usernames

Member group  

17 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Craig.

This looks so good.

Kinda makes up for the ads in my book.

@ Pretty colors on its own doesn't automatically justify ads. Out of all the reasons, that's kind of a weird one to agree with most.

Cool change, but it may be worth briefly explaining the color. I'm assuming it changes depending on what user group you're in? (Staff, UOTM, Donator)

I hate this change. Makes the thread names so hard to read with a blast of colour under it. Also makes the UOTM, Donor and Staff colours seem less important.

I also dislike the fact how if you look at the top left of a post it is coloured too.

Members should not be orange, members should be white.

Please don't think I'm thinking down on everyone who isn't normally a coloured name, but I just go mad with that colour and how bright it is.

• Administrators

OK, just for some feedback on the usernames for members being white v's orange - let us know how you feel (we can easily change the colours around) but for a test, let's get some feedback - we have changed them to white just now (temporarily, unless we stick with white).

Forums look to clustered with all these colors about, I'm all for keeping it white.

I know that you've said this many times before Undad. Completely agree. Don't let the forum become a rainbow.

Orange usernames with orange thread titles is a little too much. White is nice.

Hi, second post. Maybe my last in fear of ruffling feathers. Being an avid dirt bike rider and a member of multiple forums i find the colours fine. I find the signatures moreso intrusive that distracts from reading basic text over and over with half page add ons.

Long time lurker, i've seen previous comments regarding data, maybe reduce data and cost by reducing signatures. They look good at first but are overlooked and become somewhat annoying. Myself personaly would prefer quality over qantity. The ads are fine i believe but maybe need a little cosmetic appearance as preferance to signatures.

Cheers Craig

I'm curious as to how people think white is less clustered. If anything, it's more clustered now that it is white. Looks freakin terrible.

Also, to the "too much color" people. You do realize that if 90% of the members are still one color that it's still pretty uncolorful, right? If anything, now the names need more color. The orange blended sooo much better with the site than white. I can't explain it, it just looks so... bland now.

EDIT: If we keep the white, can we at least change the bottom username cluster back to orange like it was before? That is the biggest offender.

Edited by Zombieofthedead