Site Advertisements & Donation Tracker

• Administrators

Most people don't, we fully understand that. It's not about whether you click on them. It's about whether others click on them and whether or not they are a worthwhile venture. So far the stats are showing that they are worthwhile and it's only early days.

Just as Craig was saying, we gain revenue when an ad is clicked. None of our members have to click an ad, nor do we suggest it. Either way, we have them put up because it still generates extra finances to help keep the server up and running. They are there to be there; if you never click an ad then it doesn't affect us to be quite frank. 

It's like saying we have a bag of candy on the ground and it's covered in dirt. You will be reluctant to pick it up but someone is bound to come by and grab it. (Horrible analogy, I know haha)

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tech Admin

Pay for compeititons, maybe even a copy of a free game or something, you never know.

You'll also notice, that we have achieved our goal for this month, it's disabled the donation application but I'll enable it again - although the goal is achieved for this month.

I view on my mobile, the ads are practically nonexistent they are so unobtrusive.

If i saw something that interested me, i would click it.

I understand what you had to do (I'm old and have been around).

I love to visit this site, sorry i can't donate, I'm disabled as Hell and can't afford to be alive as it stands, or I'd gladly donate. Thanks to those who paid out of pocket to keep this site running. Even when slow, it brings me a modicum of joy.

But not to worry, the flood of traffic to my Safeguard thread will get new interest in the site and get new donors!

Just don't hold your breath for that though... :)

Typos...

Edited by 83457

I never click on ads. EVER. Good luck with that.

Attitudes like that really make my blood boil.

You are almost gleeful in openly admitting that you never ever click on something that supports what you are using.

This is my opinion as a user, and not a staff but I think that is a complete dick attitude to have.

Proudly not supporting CODZ.

Oh shut up @ .

You can't get mad at someone for not clicking advertisements.

You further can't claim someone isn't supporting CoDz because they don't click ads.

That's just like saying I don't feel bad for abused animals because I don't give in to those Sarah McLaughlin commercials.

You like to claim I have an attitude, if his comment really made your blood boil, maybe you should consider that you have one too.

• Administrators

Oh shut up @ .

You can't get mad at someone for not clicking advertisements.

You further can't claim someone isn't supporting CoDz because they don't click ads.

That's just like saying I don't feel bad for abused animals because I don't give in to those Sarah McLaughlin commercials.

You like to claim I have an attitude, if his comment really made your blood boil, maybe you should consider that you have one too.

Calm yourself, Mega. You are entirely missing Chopper's point.

The point is not that he won't click the ads. Nobody has said anything about clicking ads; yes, it generates revenue to support the server costs. We made no rule about it nor are we enforcing it on people to do so. To be frank, we don't care if you ever click the ad. Someone is bound to click it by accident one way or another - whether it be staff, a regular, or a guest. What we do appreciate, however, is if people turn off their Ad Block for us. That's all we requested, not demanded.

Chopper is upset at how chocolate seemed to boast that he would never click an ad. That attitude is what's so concerning, not the fact he refuses to click an ad. He could have never said that and there wouldn't be such a reply to it. Like you said yourself - you don't feel the need the give money away to support abused animals, yet it doesn't necessarily mean you enjoy the case of abused animals. In fact, no such negative comment needs to ever be made. 

Tl;dr: If you don't want to click an ad, don't worry about it. There is no need to claim that you won't. It's neither helpful nor beneficial nor making anything better.