Nai's Die Rise Strategy - 43 in 1 hour 10 minutes

Naitrax

Hello guys, it's Naitrax here. 

I'm not actually known at all for doing anything on the strategy front. I'm a theorist, and this is something I most definitely would not do normally.

However, I have found a nice little camping spot here on Die Rise, and it's insanely easy and simple. If I had been smarter about going for drops and shot times, I would have accomplished this with 0 downs.

It is simple. Head to the Galvaknuckle shaft, and drop down to the slight little ledge just before the slide that was death when the map was first released (the slide that drops you at the AN-94). From here, face the wall closest to the little room (have it to your left, and the shaft to your right) and push up against the wall.

Zombies will only drop down from the ledge on the wall you are facing, so if you fire a Sliquifier shot just before they drop (observe one or two zombies at an early round to get a feel for how this is to work), 95% of zombies will not survive long enough to drop. One you hit about round 20, the spawns begin to quicken and you will use less ammo for each round. Make sure you watch the zombies however, because if there is an unlucky amount of goo in just the wrong places, they will form a chain right down to you.

If caught in a pickle, simply jump off the ledge to your left and make a circle of the map. Once you reach the ledge again, kill the few that spawn and wait for the rest to despawn upstairs. (NOTE: Try to take as little escapes as possible. Waiting for them to respawn takes a while, and can really detract from the speed of this strategy. A good little tip I have for you is to only drop if you have taken 2 hits and are quite surrounded, or are red screened)

To pick up drops, simply run parallel to the ledge where you dropped from and jump while holding left and you will pop right back up. This will let you get all the Max Ammos and Insta-Kills + Nukes that you could ever want.

My loadout which I used for this was:

Guns
Sliquifier: Rounds 1-43

Mustang & Sally: Rounds 1-10(?)

Ray Gun Mark II: Rounds 10-43

B23R (Insta-Kill weapon if Mule Kick is obtained from Jumping Jacks)

Perks

Quick Revive

Juggernog

Who's Who

Speed Cola

Mule Kick (Optional, I received it from the Jumping Jacks and used it to carry a B23R as a weapon for use during Insta-Kill)

After 1 hour and 10 minutes, I was on Round 43 with 4 downs and an unlucky straggler double-slapped me while I was trying to revive myself from Who's Who.

Here is a quick little video to just show you what this strategy looks like if you just want to see some key aspects.

[space reserved for YouTube video of strategy - Short Version]

However, if you are looking for a full on video with absolutely all the gameplay, then watch this one here. This is footage from my Twitch stream where I did this.

[space reserved for video when it is done uploading]

If you really want me too, I can do a round by round guide on this strategy.

2P VARIANT (CAN BE ADJUSTED FOR ANY NUMBER OF PLAYERS):

Swappingspit and I have also devised a 2p variant of this.

Same spot.

Player 1 (Slippery Tank):
Perks: Juggernog, Quick Revive, Mule Kick, Speed Cola

Tacticals: Monkeys

Weapon 1: Sliquifier

Weapon 2: Mustang & Sally/Ray Gun Mark 2/1 (PaP'ed)

Weapon 3: AN-94/PDW/RPD/HAMR for Insta-Kill, Pack-A-Punched or not (preference on weapon and PaP)

Player 2 (Suppressing Fire):
Perks: Juggernog, Quick Revive, Double Tap 2, Speed Cola

Weapon 1: AN-94/HAMR/RPD/PDW PaP'ed

Weapon 2: Mustang & Sally/RGM2/1

Player 1 is going to play the role of the Solo player, just chaining the zombies over and over. He will switch to Weapon 2 if running low on ammo (try to have at least 5 shots left to save yourself if trapped) and Weapon 3 during Insta-Kill. Player 2 will lay fire into the hordes while they are being Sliquified. Once he runs out of ammo, he will be the explosion master while P1 is reloading or switching weapons.

This is a recipe for a fast and easy Co-op 50+ on this map.

Thanks for reading this.

~Naitrax

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks.

Swappingspit and I have also devised a 2p variant of this.

Same spot.

Player 1 (Slippery Tank):
Perks: Juggernog, Quick Revive, Mule Kick, Speed Cola

Weapon 1: Sliquifier

Weapon 2: Mustang & Sally/Ray Gun Mark 2/1 (PaP'ed)

Weapon 3: AN-94/PDW/RPD/HAMR for Insta-Kill, Pack-A-Punched or not (preference on weapon and PaP)

Player 2 (Suppressing Fire):
Perks: Juggernog, Quick Revive, Double Tap 2, Speed Cola

Weapon 1: AN-94/HAMR/RPD/PDW PaP'ed

Weapon 2: Mustang & Sally/RGM2/1

Player 1 is going to play the role of the Solo player, just chaining the zombies over and over. He will switch to Weapon 2 if running low on ammo (try to have at least 5 shots left to save yourself if trapped) and Weapon 3 during Insta-Kill. Player 2 will lay fire into the hordes while they are being Sliquified. Once he runs out of ammo, he will be the explosion master while P1 is reloading or switching weapons.

Something else I forgot to add to the OP was how to pick up drops. Simply run parallel to the ledge where you dropped from and jump while holding left and you will pop right back up. This will let you get all the Max Ammos and Insta-Kills + Nukes that you could ever want.

This is a recipe for a fast and easy Co-op 50+ on this map.

Updated OP with this info.

That's a different take that i have not heard before, kudos.

After they patched the gk room, so that zombies drop from above. That didn't really make that area unplayable; look at the gk room from the ledge just outside of it. Go into the right corner by the door while still on the ledge. You are practically untouchable. It looks scary as there will always be zombies in your grill, but they don't get you as long as you Sliq the area. You even slide to, but stop at, the edge of the ledge, you don't fall off.

Just like the original gk room, the biggest issue is the jumping jerks; use trample steams and Claymores.

Just fyi, when i did 61 rounds in the gk room, i didn't even have a trample steam, so claymores can definitely be enough with proper placement.