Broken map is more broken!

So... it would seem that Origins has been affected by the recent update or a 'Game Settings Change' somewhere down the line.

The latest "Game Breaking" issue to befall this map is the disappearing staff trick. How is it done you ask? Well that's easy... all you have to do is try and swap a staff out for another and boom, the first staff is gone! It will not show up anywhere else on the map... EVER AGAIN! :angry:

What the HELL Treyarch!?! Are you kidding me right now? This map is already littered with issues, and now this!!! We lost our Ice Staff in the first game, and Ice again in the second game, but it is not just me either... I spoke to 3 people already today who lost staffs with one of them having died and bled out in a game while holding a staff and next round he went to the excavation to get his staff and it was gone!? Also saw that people were discussing it on the Activision forum.

http://community.callofduty.com/thread/200767568

Please for the LOVE OF GOD! Fix this issue!

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably a weak attempt on their end to fix the "3 staffs at once" issue. I hope this is true actually because it would prove that they are still aware of what's going down.

That said this really should be fixed. I haven't had internet lately so I haven't had the chance to update my game, but this is a real problem.

I hope so, Dahn. I hope so. I have all bo2 maps on pc, and the situation there is approximately equal to that of xbox. Also, try moon Dahn while you're at it. I'm sure you can rip the reciveing bay into something fierce.

I'm currently paused on 139 MotD, trying for 200 again whenever I'm not working or sleeping. However, I might go at Moon again.

The last time I was playing BO1 I actually was playing Moon and trying to do the receiving bay strategy, however I restarted like 10 times hoping to get the Tunnel 6 excavator to trap slow walking queer. It never happened and I went back to BO2 to do my Buried run.

That excavator thing really is annoying.

They shouldn't fix what don't need fixin'.

So what if someone has 3 staffs?! Its not like they're glitching behind a wall or something. This is a terrible solution to a "problem." Reminds me of what happened to Die Rise.

Thing is the Sliquifier was doing what it was meant to do even pre-patch. However, for very obvious and important reasons, you were never meant to have more than one staff at a time. It is one of the many glitches Origins has, but it seems that this was big enough to actually get their attention.

The weapons should never be changed (except for fixing Fire Staff) but glitches should be fixed.

• Administrators

Just lost ALL FOUR staffs in a 2 player game there. Absolute bullshit on Treyarch's part to be honest! If this does not get addressed, I will be disgusted.

How did you lose all four, just a series of swaps?

How did you lose all four, just a series of swaps?

We tried to do the part where you put the fire staff in the holder 4 times after upgrading and it would not gives us the fire back so we did the step properly by placing all the staffs in the giants, step completes and the staffs returned to the excavation but would not let us pick them up.

It is the last game on my player channel. Check it out man... complete bullshit!

Edited by DeathBringerZen

i always get downed jumping off the path to the first lighting staff (one because the zombies are running after you and mostly all jump down into the trenches and block your path) so i go to jump the other way and boom insta downed i guess the game thought i was trying to get into a glitch (barrier glitch or whatever) because right when i got downed i heard the demonic cackle and the game ended.

Had the old can't-build-a-staff trick played on me again today, thanks trollarch! Finally got a day off and all to myself (love you mom :D ) when after about an hour farting around with staves to setup high round three robot stomping sessions, I come to find out I have to restart because I can't build the lightning, and thus can't get the giant tin cans to march in formation :huh:  Ok fine, restart, and things are going beautifully it seems, round 70 behind tank station, no downs, plenty of hope, when out of the blue "Black ops 2 server unavailable at this time" :angry: Made a clip of the first blubber, can't even look at the second!

Edited by AlbinoRhino190