Is there any map you can't get into?

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can not stand, in the slightest, der reise's look from the menu… Once I'm in the map I love it, but outside it's a bit hash. 

Also I don't like Origins. Too clayish if you asked me… I also don't like how it contradicts 95% of the story we know so far...

Good thing Origins isn't canon! You of all people should know that from your profile picture. Origins is just an alternate universe/tear. 

On to my not so hot maps, I really can never get into origins. I know its pretty easy once you get the staffs but I can easily compare it to extinction. It feels very linear and step by step compared to other maps. Thats the reason I love buried so much, because while if you follow the base line its easy...Buried is amazing for challenges and taking things at your own pace. Everything is layed out if front of you to chose from, and that adorable little underground town becomes your personal zombie playground to do whatever you wish. 

In BO1 Kino Der Toten. I hate that map with a passion, the only thing it has going for it is the looks. It is quite beautiful inside to look at, but the map is a giant circle with bland rooms aside from the stage. 

This is the first time I've posted on an actual zombies based discussion in forever, but...

Der Riese. It's so overrated. It's like, the Ocarina of Time of zombies. The first zombie map to do what it does (slightly higher complexity with the Pack a punch), but pretty much every map that came after it is way more fun and complex (though Kino and Ascension were basically the same to be honest). I don't get what people see in it. It's not very interesting. You've gotta admit though, guys, the Ocarina of Time analogy is pretty spot on.

Like I mentioned in the above paragraph, Kino and Ascension are pretty cookie cutter and boring now. Fun when they were out, not anymore. Also, way too easy.

Finally, Tranzit. Nuff said.

Not liking the hate Shi no Numa is getting. Loved that map back in the day.

Edited by Zombieofthedead

Pretty much everything past the first Blops. With the exception of MOTD to an extent. 

But I'm pretty sure it's been said a hundred times by now I always felt Zombies was more in it's prime when everything seemed to be more about mystery and puzzle solving between what really happened between Richtofen, Maxis and Samantha, and how the the other 3 of the O4 came into the picture. There was always more a grey area, and everything seemed related or at least nodded to even real-life events to hint more towards more clues. So to me, the story line i was most interested in died on Moon. After moon, everything took a 180... New characters, plot twists galore, and everything seemed so spontaneous and random even more so with locations. The only thing that really kept going was the whole Maxis/Richtofen struggle, and even then I liked the idea of Samantha being this mysterious entity that toyed and watched over us. Now you've just got two desperate men playing tug of war for power and no sign of Samantha or the O4 at all.

I know that was more of an opinion based on storyline, but that effects my intrest in the maps on Blops 2. I never got into the new characters, never got into the maps as much as I did in the last couple seasons and it just no longer felt like the same game IMO. But gameplay wise, I enjoyed MOTD the most.

Thats the reason I love buried so much, because while if you follow the base line its easy...Buried is amazing for challenges and taking things at your own pace. Everything is layed out if front of you to chose from, and that adorable little underground town becomes your personal zombie playground to do whatever you want.

This is one of the main reasons I love Buried, and why it's my second favourite map. I can have a crap run all day, than just have a blast and own in Buried. One of the best maps to do challenges in.

TranZit still has replayability for me. There's just something about getting on the bus and going into the fog that keeps me coming back.

I'd have to create two columns, maps I don't play and maps I won't play.

I've slowed down on zombies a lot, but I don't really like playing Moon or Die Rise anymore. Moon is a great story but I played that map into the ground, and I won't get into NML. Die Rise I didn't ever love to begin with, I'm just not a fan of the vertical aspect, it isn't difficult to make jumps nor navigate the elevators but my God, waiting waiting WAITING on everything is just a pain. Any time I play Die Rise, nobody uses keys but me, so it's "I got to wait for this elevator" "Make a crawler so I can PaP on round 3 please" "Ran out of AN-94 ammo be RIGHT back..."  It drives me insane playing that map for long periods of time, so as of now it's the map I have the least fun playing.

Two maps I refuse to play anymore, and will politely remove myself from any room want to play them. Buried and Ascension....SNOOOOZE

Don't get me wrong, most of my hate is towards Buried for it's ridiculous safe zones, need for traps and of course infinite ammo wonder weapon. They had the right idea with the wild west image, I loved the hats popping off their heads like old western movies, and the story behind the ghost was alright, but that's all I can really say about Buried without being harsh.

Ascension on the other hand, is still a great map. I love the atmosphere, the easter egg was the staple of what they should be (not necessary, but story driven and fun) and some of the funniest quotes are on that map. But like Moon, I played this map too much and totally killed the fun factor. Here is the reason I refuse to play what used to be my all time favorite map.

It's easy, we all know that, so to even get a sense of accomplishment, I would have to beat my record, otherwise I have no reason to sit for hours running in circles on a map I consider harder to die than live on, those hours aren't spent trying to survive, they're just spent waiting (remember, I hate that lol) to get to a higher round than I have before. The thing is, it's not even a high round compared to the standard around here, I think it's 50-51 with two players (for the record my friend passed out and I carried the last two rounds haha), but even that took longer than I like to play, so right there tells me to play Ascension, I'm going to have to sit and grind to 50+ rounds before I even have the slightest goal or the small rush that playing zombies can usually offer me. So yea, got a little deep on that, sorry, but it's hard to explain why I refuse to play a map I love, I guess a good way to put it is, I have mentally topped out at that map.

Good question by the way!

Question for the people who don't like nuketown..

Is it just because we've all heard that same map title for years and it's played out, or is it to difficult?

Outside of WAW - Nuketown is the hardest 4 player map, check your leaderboards.... Personally I can't stand building, and building and building on almost all if the other bo2 maps, that Nuketown actually lets me kick back and just kill!

Suggestion - 1 player survive rd 25 on 4 player behind the yellow house....

My dislikes would have to be SNN and MOTD.... But any map can be my new favorite if a challenge/no power or twist is an objective

Edited by Mralways1

Question for the people who don't like nuketown..

Is it just because we've all heard that same map title for years and it's played out, or is it to difficult?

Outside of WAW - Nuketown is the hardest 4 player map, check your leaderboards.... Personally I can't stand building, and building and building on almost all if the other bo2 maps, that Nuketown actually lets me kick back and just kill!

Suggestion - 1 player survive rd 25 on 4 player behind the yellow house....

My dislikes would have to be SNN and MOTD.... But any map can be my new favorite if a challenge/no power or twist is an objective

That's exactly why I love Nuketown, it's plain and simple zombie slaying! I recon if they had thrown in the Wunderwaffe DG2 as well, it would be way more popular.

• 2 weeks later...

For me. It would be..

WaW: SNN. The auto power was nice, but the water and the layout was what makes me hate it. Especially in WaW when solo quick revive was useless, or if Juggs spawns in the last hut you open.

BO1: Shangri-La: This map was not paradise at all! Too close quartered, long and complicating easter egg, napalm and shrieker zombies making training and camping difficult. It was just to big and narrow to enjoy.

BO2: Bus Depot is annoying because its basically a Nacht Der Untoten that's on fire. Farm is literally the smallest map ever, Town... I actually like it. MotD has got to be my least favorite. The map had too many doors, Afterlife was just weird. All the strange paths you could only get to while you're dead, Brutus!, I liked the Death Machine and Blunder Gat/Acid Gat, but just... that map... ugh...

Edited by JHock115
  • 4 weeks later...

Dead Ops sucks.

Then again, that's what most people think.

Storyline wise, I'm going to have to say Buried.

When it first came out, it was exciting but after 4 games, it was far too easy. Especially since by then I had explored most of the map and found out where the bank was.

I love almost every single map Treyarch has thrown our way since 2008. With the exception of one...TranZit. And by extension, each of the Green Run survival maps. I don't think this map is terrible by any means, it's just not as fun to play as everything else. Also, what primarily brings this map down is that after everything in World at War and Black Ops left us on the Moon...Treyarch's follow-up to that was this poorly-inspired map that is undoubtedly the result of a bunch of Zombie devs going back to work on Monday after spending their weekend watching a The Walking Dead marathon. Farm? Town? Power Station? Diner? Bus Depot and highway tunnel? Big. Time. Yawn. 

I mean, I can sort of understand wanting to make a map that wasn't heavy on the sci-fi influences and is in what most would consider traditional survival-horror environments, but given everything in BO1 and how hyped up everyone was for Black Ops II as a whole (not just Zombies)...it was such a kick in the nuts from Treyarch. I spent two years eagerly awaiting the next map and they scrapped our characters and gave us freaking TranZit. The map isn't that bad, it's just not what anyone wanted. That's why everyone hates TranZit in my opinion, and I'm right there with 'em.

Aside from that, I'd say I play Nuketown and Shangri-La the least. Nuketown because it's basically a one-shot and doesn't have much story or an easter egg. Shangri-La because no one ever wants to play it. It's funny because the map that a lot of people really hate, "Five", is in my top 3.

Edited by Target Akawhired