A place to post ANY Tranzit ideas left over for undiscoverd egg(s)

Well, to keep the circus aroused (myself being a carny) I've come up with an idea I personally haven't tried, surprisingly.

The idea came from the power being turned on or off as a time lapsed event. It's not instantaneous, like all the other maps.

Obviously, the only thing this fact could coincide with is the bus, as it moves around, and it's on a supposed schedule.

So, I'm gonna reach. Nah, it's only been almost 2 years, it's okay  ;)

What if the power needs to be activated at a certain time the bus is in a specific area?

There are definitely a few things that come to mind:

1) After entering the tunnel. From what I can remember, and I'm probably wrong, the driver doesn't say anything. It's also right before the diner when he says something about "blah new coordinates, hat's cool blah". Perhaps the tunnel shroud is blocking incoming transmissions and would make something something?  :mellow:

2) On the bridge after town. That's the only other time lapsed scenario, which is dramatically overplayed with the bridge collapsing so that everyone almost dies (but not really because it only buckles). This lead me to:

3) On the bridge after town (or darn close). I thought about the depot sign with the different times of the bus routes displayed = A & B. We all know by now about the clocks that are stuck around the map and they are stuck at 7:50ish (the others 5:10ish). If you look at Route A on that sign, there are 5 stops, all presumably corresponding to the 5 stops we all get normally, and the last one is at 6:3?pm. Based on the duration between the times on that sign, it's easy to see that by the time we get back to the Depot, it would be 8:00 = which is the beginning of Route B.

That all led me to the idea of the EMP's, and the ability to disable the bus for a short period, definitely long enough for someone to turn on power and having it be activated by the time the bus repowered itself at said different scenarios.

Seeing that we all have stretched and searched beyond practical means, this actually seems do-able and pretty relative time-wise.

If any of those three scenarios worked, I'd suspect it would be the bridge after town. EMP bus on bridge, turn on power, ____ & ____.

I believe that because of the that time displayed all over the map (7:50) right before Route B starts (8:00), which imo would start at the Depot.

Thoughtz/

Edited by CSAWWWW
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Even though I'm still a bit new, I'm happy I found people who are still willing to EE hunt. 

Earlier, Goldenspork mentioned that we can somehow trap "him" in the small area that requires power to open in Bus Depot. Well, i was thinking, that we can sort of do that to create a more powerful Jet Gun. We could try to trap "him" inside a Turbine like area, bu surrounding him with, and we can then try and blast him with the Jet Gun, to somehow overpower it.  

We could also try using the combination of the electricity to power objects, since most things require power in TranZit. Thing "Electric", what is electric in TranZit. Well, there is the Electric Trap, and the Turbine which we can combine, along with the Jet Gun to open things up. If the Even though the Electric Trap requires a turbine, we can use that, combined with the Jet Gun, and even "Him" to unlock a bigger source of electricity, which can allow us to do some new things. 

Even though I'm still a bit new, I'm happy I found people who are still willing to EE hunt.

Earlier, Goldenspork mentioned that we can somehow trap "him" in the small area that requires power to open in Bus Depot. Well, i was thinking, that we can sort of do that to create a more powerful Jet Gun. We could try to trap "him" inside a Turbine like area, bu surrounding him with, and we can then try and blast him with the Jet Gun, to somehow overpower it.

We could also try using the combination of the electricity to power objects, since most things require power in TranZit. Thing "Electric", what is electric in TranZit. Well, there is the Electric Trap, and the Turbine which we can combine, along with the Jet Gun to open things up. If the Even though the Electric Trap requires a turbine, we can use that, combined with the Jet Gun, and even "Him" to unlock a bigger source of electricity, which can allow us to do some new things.

If the plan is to trap him between the two doors that requires power to open, i must say that it won't close if someone is inside (be it survivor or zombie). Yet it could be different with "him", but i don't think so :f.

What i think that we've missed in tranzit is, like some people already said, something about the bus (idk about the driver, he's just a robot, i don't think that he's driving), something about changing its route, but i don't think it will open an entire new area, may be just an small easter egg with something like the bus crashes and no more.

What I'm saying is that if there are undiscovered things in tranzit, they won't be something big enough to change things entirely, my best bet is an different game over with the bus leaving green run, what wouldn't make sense, since it's an bus for touring it and that it would make the story different.

Edited by Zetha
  • 4 months later...

Been looking around this forum section for a relevant topic or maybe someone has brought it up before and I'm just not looking hard enough.  In town near the stairs to go up for jug there is the room with the repairable window.  Several chairs/desks litter inside this room but on the walls are several pieces in frames. 

One I've noticed is different and don't remember seeing it anywhere else but it's a map of the U.S.A. with some indicating markers/color blobs on it.  Been meaning to get a scope on it to actually check it out but that won't be done till this weekend.  Pretty sure it's been noticed before and researched, just can't find the relevant information.

• 1 month later...

Okay. Here's my crazy talk based on something that happened twice that nobody else seems to have experienced;

I was in a 4 player game when BO2 was new, all at different sections of Tranzit. I was Samuel, i went down at Diner, nobody could get me. The bus passed me, i got a green sparkle, an audio cue from Richtofen, and I got up. Weird, but figured this was a normal part of Tranzit. Nobody had heard of this, i must be mistaken.

Then, a while later. Playing offline split screen, my buddy gets downed (I'm fairly sure that he was Samuel, he definitely was at diner, the bus passed him while down). I couldn't get to him at all, i was at farm. Suddenly, I realize that he is up again. I asked how, he said there was 'one of those green sparkles' and he got up. Okay. Now the impossible occurred twice.

While thinking on this today:

Samuel looks the diner, says a few quotes about it. 'Staying here forever', 'living in a tunnel under it', when leaving he says 'goodbye' and wonders if he'll ever see it again.

I can't recall who was what character in the 4 man game 1.5 years ago, but in the ss game, i was Misty, at the farm.

Now, Misty says positive things about Farm, iirc.

So, crazy theory inbound: if each character is at the correct map location per their preferences as dictated by individual quotes, then, if a player goes down;

1. You will get a free revive (once per game?).

2. There will be a small percentage that you will get a free revive.

3. You will get revived if the bus passes you. Bus revive.

I know this happened, questioned my recollection, then it happened again. So it does happen, this is my best guess why it happens.

Happy hunting!

Definitely not character related. If you saw green sparks, then congratulations, you discovered a new Perma-Perk. Now, the question is how we can replicate the effects. What perks/items did you have, e.g. Turbine, Turret, Quick Revive, Double Tap, etc.

Afterthoughts; I'm gonna call BS on this story unless you've got video/record proof. 

Edited by Marky

I've heard of what happened to  83457. Several times...

That said, it is only what I've heard. I've never witnessed it or had it happen to myself.

But, the people that I heard that from I would consider reliable.

On another note:: is anyone still working with the orbs at all??

Obviously, being a believer that there is still something left unhad in Tranzit, whether it be a stupid song or a graphic, I'm still thinking of ways to extend the egg.

So, today, I thought of another way to spawn the orbs--- a tactic I personally haven't tried.

I started thinking about transit, and the 4 planets that orbit the sun before the asteroid belt.

We all know that there are 5 total stops, 4 of which are around the town.

We also know that there are 4 possible orbs that can spawn (2 in town; 2 on the tower).

Perhaps on/off power when the bus is in certain positions, more specifically, when the bus is parked at the 4 outer stops.

Has this been tried?!?

Hunt on.

• 2 weeks later...

CSAWWWW, what up son? Who said they had this happen? Someone from over on the ATVI site? I mean, other than 8357 here... Unless it was one of us from the main group over there I wouldn't count it as gold, I had a Bioshock from Origins run away from me and jump INTO the map once, doesn't mean I triggered it or that he was actually scared...

Also, buddy, pal, I think it's awesome that you're holding out hope for more to TZit... THAT is passion... See you in October/November, yeah?

• 2 months later...

I stopped looking a long time ago, but I was thinking about those troll tweets from Jimmy Z's twitter account:

1. a train car is a train car... Unless derailed, that is...Then it's junk... Right?
  2. If you go there now something will be up and running...But stay to the path. Don't go hunting.

So the first tweet seems to indicate something to do with a train, or derailed train car. I went and looked at the derailed trains near power and never really figured anything out. Then it occurred to me, maybe the BUS is the train car (i.e. its just going around in a circle on a track... unless its derailed). I have long thought the other buildables in the map could be used somehow to alter the buses route. In particular, I feel it may have something to do with the electricity trap being on top of the bus, and hitting those fallen over power towers with the little bauble handing down.

The second tweet actually sounds more like an actual instruction. I think the obvious trap is to assume he is talking about power station... only its not up and running when you start the map. Again he is being intentionally vague to throw you off. I believe the key here is "stay the path, dont go hunting". To me, this suggest that in order to 'make it in time', you may have to immediately leave the starting area, and avoid killing any zombies (or maybe killing them de-spawns what is up and running). What the path is, is up to interpretation, but I would suspect the cornfields, power station, and natch have something to do with it. They definitely have 'paths', and virtually NOBODY ever goes directly to them at the start of the map. Not without getting some points and guns and whatnot. Another possibility may be something at farm, as there is some things that could be on (TV, radio, tractor). Hell the more I think about it, you could say the same about town, cabin, and dinner as well. It could also be suggesting that the entire party needs to take the bus (to avoid hunting). I always felt that the 4 talk A LOT more if you are all around each other (and or on the bus), and seem to hint at things.

As usual this leaves us with more things to try and no real light at the end of the tunnel. As much as I think Jimmy Z is a troll, I feel that there has been sufficient evidence and statements suggesting there is SOMETHING left on this map undiscovered. Likely something minor, maybe even just a quick 'game over' without dying.

I will leave you with one last thought. I always found it particularly stupid and odd the way the bridge kinda 'breaks' when you ride over it the first time in the bus. It is so out of place, poorly animated, and kinda pointless... almost makes me think somehow its not. Maybe the bridge is what's 'up and running' haha.

HAPPY HUNTING

bobz

• 2 weeks later...

I stopped looking a long time ago, but I was thinking about those troll tweets from Jimmy Z's twitter account:

1. a train car is a train car... Unless derailed, that is...Then it's junk... Right?
  2. If you go there now something will be up and running...But stay to the path. Don't go hunting.

​Tranzit is the only map with a train correct?  Just running through maps in my head and can't think of any others.  In reference to #2 there is a lot of different variations on thoughts.  My main thoughts is "stay to the path" referencing the audio given EE, Don't go hunting is even more daunting as that's what we've been doing for so damn long. 

The bridge also just always sticks out to me as a huge flashing sign.  The triggering effect of walking or riding over it could be part of something we're missing but there are millions of different ways to theorize that.

I am pretty sure the "If you go there now something will be up and running...But stay to the path. Don't go hunting." tweet was in reference to the leaderboards. They were down for about 3-4 days and Jimmy happened to tweet this around the same time they came back online. Would explain his saying not to go hunting. He has tweeted several times in the past about the leaderboards, like the time he posted "The zeros may be on the way out" re: the people at the top of the leaderboards with a round of 123 with zero kills.

As for the rail car tweet. It is obvious he is talking about the derailed train on Tranzit, but like almost all of his EE related tweets, they amount to nothing. I cannot even begin to imagine that the community has not tried absolutely everything possible on Tranzit by now. If there is something else, it's just too damn difficult to find.

Wouldn't the PC folks have found it by now? Also, we are talking about a map where (as rumor had it) if they put just one more window with buildables barriers, it would crash the map.  I really think they stretched the limitations as far as possible when it came to TranZit, for more worse then better. As much as I would love to see a continuation, i really doubt there is anything there.

this is not to dissuade conversation at all, I love seeing the theorizing and planning and hope months after release... Just giving my 2 cents.

• Moderators

Like the Grillmeister has said: There is nothing more to this map. Everythng has been found and the proof is in the code. xP

It is time to let go and focus on the task at hand which is BO3... as much as it may hurt.

Almost all of us expexted so much from this map, but the reality was a bit disappointing.

I still enjoy TranZit more than Buried though. haha

Like the Grillmeister has said: There is nothing more to this map. Everythng has been found and the proof is in the code. xP

Searching the code of a game does not mean anything. For example, there is strings of commands found within the Tranzit files that never get used, like 'Clear Debris - 1500', or 'Hold X to start Bus'. They could easily be hidden commands that relate to something or just unused commands they left out.

There is also an item in the inventory that has never been found and quotes that never got used. Most likely all left out items but still... if you are going to use the PC files as evidence to there being nothing left, then they actually sway more in the opposite direction and suggest there could indeed be a continuation.

Me? I am no longer convinced there is anything more but just pointing out that the files suggest otherwise so should not be used as evidence to the contrary.

• Moderators

Searching the code of a game does not mean anything. For example, there is strings of commands found within the Tranzit files that never get used, like 'Clear Debris - 1500', or 'Hold X to start Bus'. They could easily be hidden commands that relate to something or just unused commands they left out.

There is also an item in the inventory that has never been found and quotes that never got used. Most likely all left out items but still... if you are going to use the PC files as evidence to there being nothing left, then they actually sway more in the opposite direction and suggest there could indeed be a continuation.

Me? I am no longer convinced there is anything more but just pointing out that the files suggest otherwise so should not be used as evidence to the contrary.

​True.

But don't you think as well that if there really were more steps to the Easter Egg/Side quest some wizzards could somehow read that out of the code?

Most people also expect(ed) some kind of epic finale to the Side quest and "just" some quotes and a mechanic to start the bus doesn't really scream "sick ending" to me. 

Just to clearify though: That is just my opinion. Could be totally wrong.

I get your point though and you are right. Although I have to say: Saying that reading the code doesn't mean anything is not true.

It can show you ideas the devs had/have and I dare to say that it can give you at least a pretty good idea if there is a zombie Hitler to appear at round 115. :P

I get your point though and you are right. Although I have to say: Saying that reading the code doesn't mean anything is not true.

It can show you ideas the devs had/have and I dare to say that it can give you at least a pretty good idea if there is a zombie Hitler to appear at round 115. :P

Yeah that's true. I was more meaning looking into the code to prove there is nothing more due to the fact that there is a lot of stuff that actually suggested that there was more to find/do within the map. There was no cutscenes found though so an end-game was kind of ruled out but you cannot see the map file at all in any way shape or form without the actual Radiant software used for BO2 so no one would even be able to tell if there was any secret rooms or sections to the map and with only textures and hint strings to go on, they actually suggested the opposite and hinted strongly at a continuation.

That being said, we know fine well that there is almost definitely nothing else to find. The community tore that map to shreds including myself and there was simply nothing more to go on.

If you want to check if there is any undiscovered stuff left the best and fastest way is to just check the gamefiles. @DeathBringerZen @Lenne
Everything is well organized, so it takes like 2 seconds to find all the code related to the easter eggs.
And if you know your code languages you can easily see what stuff is in the actual map and what stuff isn't being used. 

Obviously localized string files containing stuff like "Press X to start the Bus" and unused texture files tell us nothing, so checking those is often a waste of time.

And you don't need Radiant for anything, EEs are all controlled via C++ code. And with theater you can just glitch out the map if you really want to look for hidden rooms.

Edited by Slade

And you don't need Radiant for anything, EEs are all controlled via C++ code. And with theater you can just glitch out the map if you really want to look for hidden rooms.

You cannot see the map file without Radiant, so no matter how much you look at the code or use theater mode it won't show you actual areas of mapping that are not not normally accessible without triggering something. The theater mode is also extremely limited as to what you can see or do even when clipped as you can only traverse around areas that have no clipping. Clipped areas block you off. They also made it so tight on BO2 that you STILL cannot properly no clip the entire zombie maps on PC. There is no way of doing it as the console is not only disabled but partially removed from BO2.

As for the code, it is not as easy as you are making out. You cannot view EE steps using just the code. You can view hint strings and stuff but not what actually happens when you trigger stuff or how it changes in-game.

I would need to check with some of the custom guys to verify this is definitely right, but from what I have been told before, you cannot view this kind of stuff without either extraction tools designed for this kind of specific stuff, which does exist, or Radiant.

Edited by DeathBringerZen

Ok so I spoke to one of my Radiant experts and he said you can view some EE related stuff using just scripts but you would need to know what you are looking for (.ff files) and what to do with them also once you have them. He also said (as did you @Slade) that you would need to have an understanding of how to read the scripts to know what is in use and what is not.

He agreed that it is impossible to see a map layout/size without the actual Radiant engine version though so although things could be found within the script that would point to a continuation or not, you would not be able to see where these things would relate to without also seeing the map file.

The theater mode is also extremely limited as to what you can see or do even when clipped as you can only traverse around areas that have no clipping. Clipped areas block you off. They also made it so tight on BO2 that you STILL cannot properly no clip the entire zombie maps on PC. There is no way of doing it as the console is not only disabled but partially removed from BO2.

As for the code, it is not as easy as you are making out. You cannot view EE steps using just the code. You can view hint strings and stuff but not what actually happens when you trigger stuff or how it changes in-game.

Theater may be limited on consoles, on PC it's easy to no-clip through the entire map. 

Regarding the code, it actually is that easy. You can view all the EE steps, what happens when the players trigger stuff and how that changes stuff in-game all from the code. Like I said,  all you need is basic programming knowledge so that you know what to look for and what you're looking at. Take for instance the fountain setup from Buried.

Just by looking at the code you can quickly rule out any "extra or hidden easter egg steps". Pretty much the only thing you can use Radiant for is looking for hidden stuff that's outside of the map and that's not being controlled by any code. And even then it's as useful as going in Theater on PC and looking around since Radiant gives zero information on the functions of the objects in the map. 

ff7eb163c8942d4c9c8424f35f71cbc3.png

Edited by Slade

The theater mode is also extremely limited as to what you can see or do even when clipped as you can only traverse around areas that have no clipping. Clipped areas block you off. They also made it so tight on BO2 that you STILL cannot properly no clip the entire zombie maps on PC. There is no way of doing it as the console is not only disabled but partially removed from BO2.

Theater may be limited on consoles, on PC it's easy to no-clip through the entire map. 

russian-hackers1.png

Lenin would be proud.

Regarding the code, it actually is that easy. You can view all the EE steps, what happens when the players trigger stuff and how that changes stuff in-game all from the code. Like I said,  all you need is basic programming knowledge so that you know what to look for and what you're looking at. Take for instance the fountain setup from Buried.

Just by looking at the code you can quickly rule out any "extra or hidden easter egg steps". Pretty much the only thing you can use Radiant for is looking for hidden stuff that's outside of the map and that's not being controlled by any code. And even then it's as useful as going in Theater on PC and looking around since Radiant gives zero information on the functions of the objects in the map. 

ff7eb163c8942d4c9c8424f35f71cbc3.png

Yeah, having spoken to a few people from the custom scene they agreed with you that scripting can show plenty in relation to steps but they don't necessarily always show a clear picture but they did indeed agree with you that the scripts can show a lot.

It should also be noted that they also agreed with you that any steps still to be found within Tranzit would have shown up within the scripting so they also ruled out any possible continuation and stated that even if they tried to hide the steps away from prying eyes, they would still need to be logged within the scripts so it's a non starter.

As for the no clipping on PC. I have been told there is methods in which it can be done but not through the console or any kind of trainer, so again, apologies for getting that one wrong. Surprised there is not many videos out there showing proper no clipping off maps then!?