TranZit: Electric guy

Die Rise: Jumping monkeys

MOTD: Brutus 

Buried: Witches

Origins: Panzer Soldat 

I think they should have a boss that comes every 10 rounds and does A lot of damage but has little health and makes the zombies stronger. Once you kill him you get Max ammo and the person who killed him gets a Wonder weapon for 5 minutes. 

Exact thing for Grief mode BUT... Instead of the Max ammo you get a scavenger perk which makes the zombies drop ammo(like Vulture aid). 

PS: The wonder weapon that I was talking about, that is the only way to obtain it. 

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

avogadro, minions, the warden/brutus, The mistress, Panzer soldat

According to Treyarch...

Him, jumping jacks (Coined by some youtuber, made official by 3A), the warden/brutus, N/A, Panzer soldat.

Although I shouldn't kick up that debate for the millionth time lol.

I think if they incorporated something similar to the Tank from left for dead, where the entire team has to work to take him out it would be cool. Not as strong as George, but not as weak as Brutus/Soldat. It would need to be balanced when transferring from CoOp to solo.

Ever since the Pentagon Thief and his weapon stealing, I've always wanted a boss that revolved around points, and basically mixed them around with your teammates, or moved the digits in your points around, so if you have 10285 points, it could come out as 51280, 1258, etc. Closest to that is probably the Ghost Lady though.

I wouldn't mind something that flies around. That way, you're not looking at eye level and you may not see the zombies around you.

• 4 weeks later...

I too would like to see more powerful bosses. Not on all maps but some just to mix it up. And you can always include an option in custom games to not have them. I would like to see a strong section opening type boss, kind of like the one from Extinction, and an end of the EE style boss.

A section boss would have worked nice on a map set up like Tranzit. Instead of having free roam on that map right away, defeating a boss starting from the second location on would have been a good way to slowly open up the map. Something that gets stronger with each stop but is either really slow or immobile. Once its defeated, the path to next stop opens. And to keep it from becoming extremely repetitive, when played in story mode, once you unlock a new section it saves just like the Nav Table, so once you beat the boss you don't have to again in that same spot, as long as you host or the player hosting has it done. But this would be a good way to add to the learning curve when a new map comes out. It might take a group 10 more extra games just to get to the power for the first time on the map. And you could always add the boss in custom mode or just help others beat it if you feel like fighting it again.

And an EE style boss could be used on its own map or even the same map as the section boss. Finishing all the steps to the EE will allow the player to have a final showdown with the maps main boss. Something like this would have worked well on Origins. Once you finish the EE, the crazy place completely opens up giving you a large play area. Then the final boss would show up there and the team would be stuck in that one spot till they were dead or the boss was. Defeating the boss would give the players weapon or perk rewards just like other EEs and open up an option to end the map whenever they want to, like Origins. I know some people aren't fans of the map ending EEs, but I like the idea of allowing players an option to work for to end the game instead of everyone dying or just getting bored and quitting. And there could be a special achievement for "Killing the Boss on Round 40+" which would take a really good team some time to do. Imagine having to wait till the higher rounds to finish the last steps of an EE and then fight a boss while fending off level 40 zombies. That's an achievement very few could get.

Grater- really good ideas there.

My only issue would be with the later round EE bit. I'm totally for it, but I think it would prove too unpopular for the masses. Many people don't ever get past round 30, lots of people would be pissed that they couldn't get the 100% trophy/ Gamerscore thing.

Having said that, trophies should be more difficult to unlock, so I personally would very much welcome it.

Imagine the map diversity you could do with it though. Lots of areas locked by walls/ barriers etc, but the boss enemy could break down the new areas as he spawns in, or as you destroy him. What about if every time you destroyed the Panzer, it unlocked a new room?

I had an idea once where one could face off against a kracken. THAT would be cool! But ghosts got to it first…

I remember back on my old forum I had a few extinction map concepts up. I wasn't realy that good at making map concepts back then but tere were a few notable things that somehow found themselves making it into the official extinction maps

For starters I wrote a post about an extinction map in paris. Paris would be covered in a green fog and there would be insect like creatures there. Alien bees, Alien Spiders that would hatch out of the hives, even an alien Megapede crawling in the sewers. As a boss alien there would be a giant spider queen that would lay eggs an hatch out new spiders. It would also have a toxic mist attack which would choke players.

I also created a new weapon which would be created using alien crystals. The crystals would explode and kill aliens after a halted delay.

In my next map called Atlantis the marines would fight a giant Sea Serpent which woul attack their submarine as it rises to the surface. Te sub woould have it's own healthbar and the leviathan would have the ability to sink the entire ship if it got the chance.

This is also when I introduced 3 more crystals which would change the functions of the special weapon. A red crystal for fire, a blue crystal for electricity and a purple crystal for Plasma. These weapons were introduced to the map as well as a new boss. This boss was to be an alien bitd known as the phoenix which would live inside an active volcano within the magma

Can you guess which of the things i just described sound familiar to you?

I was accidentally futureproofing stuff left and right.

Edited by Black Hand Smith

in pretty much every game that has a lot of different bosses, there's always that one boss who doesn't really do much to hurt you, but just has a shit ton of health. They pulled it off pretty well with George, but usually it's kinda a cop-out. I think they need to make bosses harder to kill, but for different reasons. I like how they made the jumping jacks difficult to kill because of how they move. Additionally I like the idea of a single enemy or a few rather than lots of weak ones. How about this:

Picture some kind of giant reptilian beast. It has a lot of health and insane speed, and it can run up walls. I don't mean it jumps off of the walls like jumping jacks; I mean it straight up Matrix wall sprints. It can also crawl along the ceiling. It attacks by either dropping on you from the ceiling creating a shock wave or by sprinting straight at you and ramming you. when it does this it crawls to the floor from the wall, rushes you, keeps running and climbs back up the opposite wall. The ceiling / walls are its default position. This would be the best in an area like Kino's stage because it has a large open ceiling / walls for you to shoot at it. This makes it harder to hit at a distance, but gives you more time to anticipate its attack and dodge.

I think these should have their own round, although a single enemy never had its own round. Let's say 3 or 4 come per boss round. One hit from one of these ramming you red-screens you without jugg. The shockwave attack doesn't deal damage but freezes you (like george's scream) leaving you vulnerable to consecutive attacks. (each individual enemy attacks maybe once per 10-15 seconds.) however they are smart, so they will all prioritize targeting a random player until they go down, then switch to the next. Not quite as systematically as the thief. (they don't EXCLUSIVELY attack that player.) More like a strategy to divide and conquer.

Beating them gives you a classic max ammo, as well as a speed boost power-up. This lets you use the lightning boost from dead ops arcade with two per person. Nothing refills your boosts except the next boss round, which is every 4-5 rounds, starting on round 6.

I also like this idea because no single OP weapon can just wipe it out. The panzer can die in ~5 seconds by the RGM2, but with these, you will rarely be within effective range of one without being in danger, because they spend all their time either far away or right in your face attacking.

Edited by Electric Jesus

I think the reptile boss round would be awesome in a larger area map. The quick change in atmosphere like the old dog rounds and then big lizard/hunter like mutants jumping around. Would make sticking with your team key during those rounds.

One idea for a boss I always thought would be cool would be something that has the kid game  "Red Light Green Light" effect. Like at a random round a big boss gets dropped in called Medusa or something. It most likely wouldn't move and only swat you if you go near it, but you want to kill it quickly. It warns you in some way, like taking a deep breath, and then yells for around 4 seconds. During those seconds you need to stand still. If you move just a couple of feet during that scream you are then frozen in place for 6 seconds. You can spin and shoot but can't move in any direction. The scream would effect the whole map no matter where the boss appears and if you kill it, you get a max ammo. Maybe the boss drops in at random intervals around 8 rounds and appears after a few moments into the round to make it hard to set up for.

Stationary bosses would be fun too because they add a new element to the gameplay. It can either be an objective or an opportunity. For example:

I would add in Seed zombies. These zombies are very fast and rush players. If they get a hit on a player, they explode (not to cause damage) and drop a seed. This seed stains the ground and transparent roots spread out with each round. Multiple seeds can be dropped, so you may have a seed that was dropped 2 rounds ago in one place and another dropped just now in another place. 

After 5 rounds (from when the seed was dropped) the ground erupts a huge infectious blossom of tentacles. The tentacles themselves won't do much damage, but if a player gets to close to the center (thus exposed to more tentacles) they will go down. The plant (plants vs. zombies, get it?) has a huge amount of health, so it takes a lot of firepower to destroy it. Once destroyed it could give a drop like a Nuke, Max Ammo, Fire-Sale, or Insta-Kill. 

The stationary boss concept gives a new element of strategy and acts as a secondary door to areas as well. Imagine working so hard to open a door, only to have a seed drop down in the way. You know that soon your path will be blocked so which side will you be trapped on when it happens? 

Obviously the Grief implications are equally as good for a stationary boss such as this.

• Administrators

Sounds like an impending deathtrap, Eternal. Kind of that "better not be around that when it erupts" kind of thing.

I agree with EJ; there ought to be more difficult bosses not because they are bulked up and have an insane health/power stat but rather their interesting attributes. Just as Riss said about the Pentagon Thief, he is a epitome of unique boss creation. He doesn't attack you; however, he steals your weapons, and speeds up as he gets hurt. And the payout for taking him down is your guns back plus a Max Ammo (or Bonfire Sale if he dies without snatching anything).

In that case, there are particular variables you could consider in an enemy:

Speed

• Fast and difficult to lock onto, but has mediocre health levels and doesn't deliver much damage to players. Better to take down with a group.
  • Slow, but a complete brute. High health stats and damage outputs enough to make you go red in one hit. Of course, attacks are sluggish but requires a great deal of teammwork to take down.

Defense

• High defense stats, but is fairly easy to wipe out with joined teammwork. Loading a great deal of gunfire for that finale explosion/defeat.
  • Low defense points; however, the player must shoot a certain point to actually deal damage. Given that, it probably will not be easy to lock onto.
  • Changing defense mechanisms will create an "armored" boss but upon certain circumstances (i.e. getting hit by explosive in certain way) will release its weak point, allowing players to nail into it before locking back into the armored position.

Attack

• Volatile attacks can be generated in several circumstances. 1) When a player is too close to it. 2) When a player is stationary for too long. In these situations, looking for the critical point is a good idea. These kinds of bosses won't have a large attack radius but their hits will be fairly sluggish so timing is about everything.
  • Weak attacks, but quite consistent. Suppose that these bosses generally move quickly, and will attack you whenever possible. Shouldn't bring you down instantly, but taking more than two hits at a time will be your demise with how fast they attack.
  • Enemies that don't have any attacks would be unique. Like the Pentagon Thief or an offset of the Ghost in Buried, they will tend to have a unique ability such as stealing someone, switching up players' locations, altering their points, or making a player zombie-bait (if the boss is mid-round).

I have a idea for a zombie boss round.

Zombie piles- a group of undead that have been piled by the military (past) and remained there until now. The zombies are alive and touching the barrier will down you instantly. These barriers block certain areas of the map and add a new element to how buying a door works. Once a zombie barrier is bought it instantly catches flames and like a hive in extinction, players must wait till the pile burns completely. Meanwhile the fire attracts a rush of zombies that will run at you regardless of round. These zombies are worth only 10 points each. Once the fire dies down the zombies begin to walk and stop spawning.

This idea was cut from my Historia map but I might put it in a future concept.

Sounds like an impending deathtrap, Eternal. Kind of that "better not be around that when it erupts" kind of thing.

Ha. Yes, I'm sure some would run away from it and abandon the area. Then in 10 rounds when you need to go back to that area..."Oh c'mon. Who didn't finish off the plant?"

Of course there would be benefits, such as points from shooting it and the free drop. I'd also give the Seed zombies a little less health so you have a chance at killing them before they drop a seed.

I kinda like bosses that have sentience. The thief really seemed like he was intentionally screwing you over, while most other bosses just kinda attack whatever they can reach. In other words I like "human" bosses. Not like george; he was more of the archetypal brute boss.

How about this: A zombie wearing a full chrome hazmat suit with a gas mask. He runs at pentagon thief speeds, and devotes his existence to F$&@ing up your S@&#. He sprints around turning off the power, blocking off wallbuys, shutting doors, etc. He comes mixed in with normal zombies so eliminating him is more hectic. He doesn't actually attack the player or even go near them, so you have to actively hunt him down so that he doesn't undo all of your hard work. killing him gives you a point bonus, like maybe 2500, to help repair the damage he caused. (you can buy back the stuff he locks)

So like an upgraded, more tactical brutus. (brutus minus the brute.)

• 2 months later...

TranZit: Electric guy

Die Rise: Jumping monkeys

MOTD: Brutus 

Buried: Witches

Origins: Panzer Soldat 

I think they should have a boss that comes every 10 rounds and does A lot of damage but has little health and makes the zombies stronger. Once you kill him you get Max ammo and the person who killed him gets a Wonder weapon for 5 minutes. 

Exact thing for Grief mode BUT... Instead of the Max ammo you get a scavenger perk which makes the zombies drop ammo(like Vulture aid). 

PS: The wonder weapon that I was talking about, that is the only way to obtain it. 

This is like when you kill george on call of the dead you get the wunderwaffe. but he is always there he doesnt come every ten rounds.