A Quote Question

Naitrax

Hey guys.

I really need someone to cross-check this quote, and that it's real.

While doing the Little Lost Girl easter egg, Richtofen will say a quote in the last few steps, and I know I've heard it, but it does not appear on any quote lists I've seen.

You will not prevent me from reaching Agartha!

It is very important that I find someone else who has heard this, because I am using it as evidence in a theory, and it is quite important along with a few others.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He does indeed say that, and I often found it very contradicting, seeing as Richtofen tells Samantha that "Agartha is a myth" many times, and that he "Does not believe in mythical realms... only science"

Why if he does not believe in Agartha does he then suddenly tell Samantha that she will not prevent him reaching it? Either way, the quote is real.

Thanks everyone, I just had to have a complete confirmation.

Yes, the whole contradictory aspect of it is the reason I need it.

You'll see. It will all make sense soon.

Boom, I believe that quote is 

I seek the staves, but for my own purposes, not for you.

I don't see the contradiction.

He may not believe Agartha to be a real place, but that doesn't stop him from trying to reach it with the other three.

In fact, it gives him all the more reason to want to reach and discover this "mythical place".

Richtofen's a scientist, it would make sense for him to pursuit this search of Agartha to either: see it with his owm eyes and study it, or to prove once and for all that it's nothing more than a myth (and thus prove that his suspisions of Samantha lying and tricking the group into doing her bidding - the same lies that "made Maxis go insane" were in the end, correct)

I don't see the contradiction.

He may not believe Agartha to be a real place, but that doesn't stop him from trying to reach it with the other three.

In fact, it gives him all the more reason to want to reach and discover this "mythical place".

Richtofen's a scientist, it would make sense for him to pursuit this search of Agartha to either: see it with his owm eyes and study it, or to prove once and for all that it's nothing more than a myth (and thus prove that his suspisions of Samantha lying and tricking the group into doing her bidding - the same lies that "made Maxis go insane" were in the end, correct)

Well, the reason I feel it is somewhat contradictory is that all the way through the game, Richtofen writes off Agatha as a myth, something that drove his friend to insanity and cost him his life. He says he needs to build the staff to protect himself. Suddenly he drops this one quote out of nowhere and it just felt a little weird. If there were a few more to add to it to suggest a sudden change in opinion then fair enough.

Still, Richtofen has a few strange quotes in that map. His quote where he says... "besides... I know what you really are Samantha". What does he think she is? He does not really elaborate on that one enough. There is a few other quotes but they mostly are just reworded versions of the same thing. I would have liked for him to expand on that one more.

I do see where you are coming from though. In a 4 player game, you are part of the group and the other 3 have opted to try and help the girl, so Richtofen is tagging along with them despite his own personal disbelieves. Guess I maybe just play it on solo too often. lol

Ok, first off, the staff quote Richtofen says goes exactly like this:

Samantha: "You have one of the staffs! You have to keep going. You have to find the others."

Richtofen: "I seek the staffs for myself Samantha. Not for you!"

This dialogue happens after you make your first staff. Richtofen will sometimes also comment on how he knows the staves' power will help protect him.

The other quote "You will not prevent me from reaching Agartha!" he will say often, pretty much he has a chance of saying it whenever he kills a zombie (pretty sure he only says it after Sam begins trying to talk to you). This is not an Easter egg quote, trust me. I have played many, many high rounds games on Origins.

Thanks Dahniska. I was going to say that it isn't as important as what he says as is what causes him to say it. Regular quotes can still be useful, but that situations makes it harder to draw a conclusion.

At best, I think that all it shows is that he does believe Agartha exists, but he claims otherwise to Samantha due to his distrust of her.

Edited by MurderMachineX
  • 2 weeks later...

i think he knows about agartha (richtofan that is) and he just doesnt want the other 3 to find out about his plans. i have heard him say in the same game that he does not believe in agartha  and then saying later in the game (usually when the templar zombies hit you) that they will not prevent him from reaching agartha.

The quote is very real yes, but just to correct you its not only

in the last steps he says it. I"ve heard it many times when i had only

got some of the staffs. But like slade said its not actually a contradiction, but more like

richtofen wants to see it for himself before he can decide what to make of it.

But sometimes when a drop comes out of a zombie, richtofen will say something like

"Are we feeling generous, samantha?" which must mean be believes that she does something

to him from this mythical place, i think.

• 1 month later...

Maybe Eddie is lying about his beliefs. He has been doing it since the Origins and will keep lying until he has what his twisted mind wants.

Does he say that quote anytime before the quotes about calling it a myth? I mean, as the game carries on he could have changed his mind as he began to see the staves, argarthan portals from the generators, and of course the girls voice.

Sort of like the cliché ghost movie where there is always a nonbeliever, but as the story carries on they witness the events that eventually change their mind.

To say a quote is not relevant, to me, is not a good way to look at the zombies universe. It could be major, or minor, or barely important at all but it's relevant to some part of the story. 

But sometimes when a drop comes out of a zombie, richtofen will say something like

"Are we feeling generous, samantha?" which must mean be believes that she does something

to him from this mythical place, i think.

Great point. He has to believe in more than just science, considering he thinks Samantha is giving the power ups.

And about the original quote, I think that Richtofen says this because he wants to get to this "mystical" place and prove it is not as "mystical" as everyone thinks. As if he just wants to prove that science is to blame for everything, not magic.

• 4 weeks later...