Time bomb

mm2014

Hi,

does anyone else get annoyed when randomers in public matches get the timebomb?

I never trust them with it and they always seem to do something annoying with rather than useful.
Personally I normally tend to leave if someone gets it as selfish as that sounds haha

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have only played a few public games on Buried, and remember leaving on two occasions when a random (both times micless), got them and threw one down on round 1!?

I played till round 12 in one of the games and despite several max ammos, the random player did not set a new one down. Banked my cash and left. Sent them a message saying I left purely because they were either trolling or stupid. Got no reply. Second time it happened, random threw it down on round 1 again. I just banked the points I lifted out and left straight away.

Sometimes I think Treyarch intentionally give trolls these tools. The time bombs were the single most worst idea to be incorporated into Black Ops 2. What were they thinking!? Trample Steam is a close second.

Terrible.

This is the one map that I actually spam the box on. I try and get those damn things before someone can and ruin the game.

Likewise. I hardly use any of the box weapons on any other map. On Buried I go right to it and don't stop until I have a Mark II, Paralyzer, and time bombs. 

My biggest concern with someone else getting time bombs is not being able to use them to get double perks. I don't think I've had anyone use them to our detriment, but it certainly seems rare that people use them to our advantage.

While i don't play randoms, it does seem to be a widely used stragedy; throw 1 down on 1, get to 30, reset to 1 for more points and kills.

In a map that is so easy, that seems so absolutely pointless, but it seems to be a thing in the communal mind to do.

I accept, of course, that many are just trolls, but some actually confuse this stragedy for strategy.

Stragedy= strategy + tragedy.

Edited by 83457

I've seen people troll with it at the pack a punch machine.

they throw it down when they put the gun in, then after its activated the player loses the gun they put in + their 5000 points.

luckily I PaP'd before the time bomb guy got to the area

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I see most people using it for the money glitch and as a way out of doing revives occasionally the odd fail on 2 perks for 1 witch round. If I play with randumbs I tend to go micless so they don't gotta hear me birch so I just toss the bomb and set it off as soon as I get it so they don't go down 20 times in front of the box. You'd think they'd learn the spawns there are kinda crazy for 2 or more people to be hitting the box all day. I think it's mostly dummies playing that map because it's so easy once set up. Also the whole let's set up on round one makes a boring map more boring and f right off with your Easter egg attempt if you don't know how to do it. Time bomb is an amazing addition to the game it's the whole playing with idiots that sucks. Go down no revive chance drop one set it off. Fall down pap hole drop and set off. More than 1 guy go down drop and set off cuz I know that other guy is hiding not helping on the revive. Don't drop one mid round just cuz you see a max ammo cuz when you set it off every goes back and someone always goes down.

Much like most of BO1 and 2, the more complex a map, the more communication is needed… Solutions: 

-dont let randoms get the time bombs. 

-If randoms do get the time bombs, confront them if they place it on an early round. 

-If they refuse to answer or are OBVIOUSLY trying to troll, play along. 9/10 times trolls are just little squeakers trying to be the next youtube sensation, despite the fact trolling stopped being popular back in the MW3 days… If you're trying to be serious though, back out and find some more co-operative people. 

Much like most of BO1 and 2, the more complex a map, the more communication is needed… Solutions:

-dont let randoms get the time bombs.

-If randoms do get the time bombs, confront them if they place it on an early round.

-If they refuse to answer or are OBVIOUSLY trying to troll, play along. 9/10 times trolls are just little squeakers trying to be the next youtube sensation, despite the fact trolling stopped being popular back in the MW3 days… If you're trying to be serious though, back out and find some more co-operative people.

I think if they'd have made it more complicated to get them it would have stopped a lot of trolling. Say like a step in the easter Egg gave them to a random player, at least then you would've had to cooperate to that point.

Honestly doesn't seem like a big deal. If I play with randoms I always assume the worse lol. Also when I play with randoms it's because I don't have a lot of time for a real game and the game usually doesn't last anyways. Time Bombs seem decent if you're playing with people you know.

I was playing with a random and he got a time bomb on round 5. He threw it down. We progressed to round 37 and we got loads of max ammos. But he didnt set his new time bomb. On 37 he went down, and I made a huge mistake by reviving him. This was because as soon as he got up he used the time bomb and we got sent back to round 5 before we had gotten set up. He soon went down and quit, leaving me on round 5. Stupid time bomb.