Clearly IW has thrown in the towel

The Clay Bird

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't want to sound like a CoD fanboy here but...

They are trying new things, black ops 2 introduced micro-DLCs and now they are experimenting with it, they did say that player choice and customization was going to be a big part of multiplayer so they are trying lots (although some are quite stupid aka wolf)

And also, I like the new camos they are releasing.

I think the sentiment is that general popular opinion is that the game kinda blows.  So rather than try and improve the game they are just pushing these gimmicky DLC's out.  I don't have a problem with the Weapon skins, i bought those for BO2.  But the character models from previous COD's is stupid imo because the person using them can't even see it! (unlike weapon camo)  and then these voice over packs just take the cake. 

I'm sure a bunch of broski's are gonna bro out and buy the weed camo and snoop VO pack because #yolo #420 #swag

Prediction for next micro transaction

Doge skin for the guard dog score streak

1385998511.jpg

I would buy this, if it came with quotes like the picture.

Every time it bites an enemy, it says a quote that everyone hears.

The ultimate shitposting device, except it's real.

yeah, I have a couple things to say about this.

First off, Black Ops had Ice Cube in multiplayer FOR FREE.  Just take a moment to let that set in, remember when things used to come free with games?  I know right, it's like I'm talking about the stone age or something.  Didn't Black Ops 2 have Ice T or someone for multiplayer, as well?

Second, have you seen the Snoop promotional video?  It literally sounds like all of his quotes were penned by the whitest guy every.  I'm going to provide for you the translations of all the quotes I heard in the video:

"Squad member active - that's what's up" = you called in your squad member killstreak.  good job.

"Ballistic Vests Ready - those are some fine ass threads" = those ballistic vests look great on you.

"Wrack up points by reaching the enemy portal, 'ya dig?" = "how to play Blitz", do you comprehend?

"Squad member active - a brotha' from anotha' motha'" = you called in your squad member killstreak, he's important.

"Homie's out the joint - it's party time!" = .... I seriously don't even know what that means ...

"Don't stop - cap 'em and shank 'em!  Yeah, criz-ay" = keep killing people. yes, that was crazy. (or is he saying something about "cranked"?)

"Good gizzle fwizzle on the fwim fwam glip glop kay-dizzle" = good game, nice K/D.

... I'm actually just kidding about that last one - but ALL the others are straight from the video

Third, "9 out of 10 rappers play this game... so... yeah... uh... buy the DLC"

I think it's all in good fun.  Sure, they want to make money.  But when I saw they had Snoop Dogg doing a voice  over, I laughed.  That's hilariously awesome.  And you know it will sell well.  If I played more, I'd probably buy it just so I could have Snoop telling me what to do.

I think the camos look OK, but the voice over thing is a bit iffy. As Fated said though, I am sure it will sell well. It could be viewed as a testing ground with the whole micro transaction thing to see what people do and do not want.

Still... for what they paid Snoop... I can't see them recouping it to be honest.

• Administrators

IW just HAS to get their weed into the game don't they lol

Bunch of stoners, maybe that's why their games go     *puts on sun glasses*     up in smoke

YEEEAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

I had a good laugh over this, thank you.