Would you support a next-gen remaster of all previous zombie maps (in a standalone game)?

RE: those concerned that Treyarch releasing zombie content prior to the 2015 cod would somehow diminish the product in the 2015 COD. 

Do you really think that just by doubling the time to develop that somehow they are really going to eliminate all glitches and make the BEST MAP EVAR ?

There's a point where it takes X amount of time to develop something and by taking double that time I think they'd be more likely to get burnt out and have creativity and drive stifled.  And as far as glitches, i really just think thats a support issue.  there's no amount of testing they could do in house that's going to find what hundreds of thousands of us are going to.  They just need to maybe have some sort of formal glitch report either in game or online and a team to investigate and see if it's fixable.  rather than relying on the activision message boards and twitter

just my 2 cents about the complaints about glitchy/buggy zombies maps, which in my opinion are way overblown, and personally I have very rarely had a game effected by any sort of glitch. Most of you are being affected by some sort of connection problem (which isn't fixable on treyarch's end) The few problems like the death at end of elevator shaft in die rise got fixed sure it would be nice if it was faster, but hey its fixed now

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see it happening myself due to the WaW and BO1 maps having been made on the single player engine. They would need to remake the all from scratch, so it would cut into valuable resource time.

Unless a third party took it on, I doubt it will happen. Would make sense to see all the maps on one platform though.

Its not that I want to rain on anyone parade but they did the remakes and alot of us hated them. Plus thats time away from the new game development. Was black ops 2 the buggiest/glitchiest game ever, no. It did have alot of issues and also seems like we never got the full experience out of it anyway.(nav card table) Honestly if I read tomorrow they were going to release a remake only game for next gen, that would scream to me they just want my money.

Its a good debate and topic, and I welcome the thought of it. I just think it wouldnt live up to my expectations, and would make me even more bitter if for example BO3 is sketchy at first.

Sorry to be a negative nancy

I think it's absolutely necessary for treyarch to release all previous maps remastered.

Lets face it. Ps3 and xbox360 doesn't have much time left. Within a year how many people will have traded their consoles in for a next gen version? That means that zombies maps prior to the first next gen map will become unplayable and lost. Next gen consoles should last arou 6 years so releasin it on next gen will give zombies 6 new years of life and playability.

Aye, but don't forget the universal console: PC. they have just as good access as anyone at anytime. Meaning that while it may be more or less over for the 360 and the 3, the PC doesn't lose any availability. 

Its not that I want to rain on anyone parade but they did the remakes and alot of us hated them. Plus thats time away from the new game development. Was black ops 2 the buggiest/glitchiest game ever, no. It did have alot of issues and also seems like we never got the full experience out of it anyway.(nav card table) Honestly if I read tomorrow they were going to release a remake only game for next gen, that would scream to me they just want my money.

Its a good debate and topic, and I welcome the thought of it. I just think it wouldnt live up to my expectations, and would make me even more bitter if for example BO3 is sketchy at first.

Sorry to be a negative nancy

Well would you have rather had the BO1 resurrection DLC to just come with 4 multiplayer maps instead? 

In response to what Mr spits very nicely pointed out then the answer is no I would not support this.

Treyarch dropped the ball so badly in so many different ways that the taste in my mouth is too bad to give them anymore than the bare minimum I feel obligated to.

That means BO3 and its map pack but not a penny in addition.

I think the question is if you would support it if it was released. I don't think anyone is saying, "Yes, I'd like them to take time away from developing a new game to do this, and who cares if the new game will suffer as a result."

well that's exactly what SMM has been saying. whether its a rerelease game on next gen or new dlc on BO2, his main argument has been that he doesn't want new content because they should be solely focused on making the best game possible for 2015 (which they won't even be starting work on for quite some time which is why new content now would have no effect on cod 2015 but whatever)

But to answer your original statement, no i don't think there would be sufficient support for a stand alone game.  The zombie community is still a niche, and is not large enough to support a stand alone release IMO

In response to mocking, I was down for the remakes at first and even got a harden edition to get them first. First problem was no one had the maps, second I figured when they did the remakes we would get some of the old guns as well as new. When it was all new guns, I just didnt like them on the old maps. I mean how can we get a new updated verison of the ppsh in campaign but not in the remake maps?

And last Ive already bought the BO I and II maps once and the WAW maps twice. I dont need them again, plus you know it would be a $59 game.

But hey after MW2 I swore I wouldnt get MW3.... Then got it day after it came out. Lol

But to answer your original statement, no i don't think there would be sufficient support for a stand alone game.  The zombie community is still a niche, and is not large enough to support a stand alone release IMO

Do you not think that building a decent standalone game is a necessary step in order to transform Zombies from a niche element within the wider Call of Duty franchise, and begin to build a wider community?

As a massive 'Zombies head' the thought of a decent 4G, dedicated, Zombies game with Campaign, Multiplayer and Party elements that builds on successful elements of the existing Zombies franchise, the MP Call of Duty franchise and some of the sandbox elements within GTA5 really excites me... isn't going to happen IMO, but I'd absolutely love it!