Would you support a next-gen remaster of all previous zombie maps (in a standalone game)?

Yes, I know, so many demands for a zombies-focused game, including a campaign that focuses on the story.

This, however, is NOT what I mean.

What I mean is, would you support a REMAKE/remaster of all published zombie maps, from Nacht Der Toten to Origins, in one single game?

The game could be called something like Call of Duty: Zombie Chronicles.

Since the next CoD is being developed by Sledgehammer, those zombie fans will have something to play to kill the time until the next Treyarch COD game. It really is a filler.

The possibilities are infinite, and the published content definitely make up a game of its own.

1. The texture would be insanely better, the content is already made and published on PS3/Xbox, and all it needs is a facelift. Also, think of all the blurry texts you couldn't make out. With upgraded graphics, there'll be a lot more to explore.

2. Activision has servers in place so maybe better connection for all.

3. A solo leaderboard, that pre-BO2 zombies did not have (excluding No Man's Land in Moon).

4. Trophy/Achievement support that would add up to a full list with a Platinum (PS4) or 1000GS (Xbox One). They can copy the Trophy/Achievement list from DLCs and maybe add one or two more (e.g. play on all maps or unlock all the main EE songs on each map) and combine them into one list.

Point is, it'd be something to fill the void until the next Treyarch game and I don't think it's challenging to create one as content is already made.

Thoughts?

Edited by yazter
  • Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As silly as it is, even if all the maps were playable in their original form (same mechanics such as W@W sticky zombies, and the double swipers of BO), and the only addition was new achievements, and better leaderboards/matchmaking, I'd buy them all as a standalone full price game.

I'd much prefer it if they were all updated in some ways though.

such as: being able to choose for each and every map between BO1, BO2, and W@W box weapons

Adding in a Wunderfizz where Mulekick is in the BO maps, and into the BO2 maps.

New minor easter eggs,

or cross injecting weapons/perks/wonder weapons in the maps (ie Wave Gun on Die Rise, Blundergat in Ascension)

I think it'd be really stellar if they reskined the BO and prior maps to look like the style of Nuketown zombies. All destroyed and beautiful.

But even without any additions at all, I'll still definately buy it.

I may hate myself for it, but I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

As silly as it is, even if all the maps were playable in their original form (same mechanics such as W@W sticky zombies, and the double swipers of BO), and the only addition was new achievements, and better leaderboards/matchmaking, I'd buy them all as a standalone full price game.

I'd much prefer it if they were all updated in some ways though.

such as: being able to choose for each and every map between BO1, BO2, and W@W box weapons

Adding in a Wunderfizz where Mulekick is in the BO maps, and into the BO2 maps.

New minor easter eggs,

or cross injecting weapons/perks/wonder weapons in the maps (ie Wave Gun on Die Rise, Blundergat in Ascension)

I think it'd be really stellar if they reskined the BO and prior maps to look like the style of Nuketown zombies. All destroyed and beautiful.

But even without any additions at all, I'll still definately buy it.

I may hate myself for it, but I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

I think the system is pretty great as is. They made a lot of changes from BO1 to BO2 (unlike WaW -> BO1). I prefer the BO1 version and a lot of features seem to just hurdle the progress and really, if it's a "OMG NEW FEATURE" for the sake of keeping it fresh, the novelty always wears off.  

I loved WaW/BO1 zombies a lot. I did not like BO2 zombie maps even though I got all the Trophies for them.  It took me a while to get used to it, and I still hate the stabbing in BO2 zombies versus BO1 zombies.

I know this is a matter of opinion, and we differ :) but I think the whole system is great as is. Only thing I really would like is improved graphics and some rudimentary uniformity across all maps (i.e. similar HUD unless it's a "map specific" HUD a la Buried).

Or, hey, as you said, options! :) But I don't think they'd be that liberal with it.

I would buy it in a heartbeat as well even though I despise Bo2 zombies for the most part.

Amen. 

First, as I said above, the stabbing isn't as swift and quick as BO2. On BO2 it really feels "clunky." Second, I prefer BO1 because of the reduction to the essentials (not barebone a la Nacht Der Toten) but still some improvements here and there that aren't really game changing. And oh yeah, one switch to turn on the power without having to go on an odyssey xD

But like I said, a lot of people like WaW/BO1 zombies, and others prefer BO2, so if this were to happen, I think it's best to keep the mechanics and designs as they are when they were published for a specific game.

(btw off topic, but did you, by any chance, post video tutorials on how to reach high on the leaderboard on No Man's Land? I remember the videos (but not the name of the poster). The guy was from Finland (you used a Finnish name in your quote) and also loves NML. I know many people posted tutorials but this particular guy posted one video where he opened a hatemail he got accusing him of cheating on NML leaderboards, then closes the message, plays NML again and outperforms the performance he was accused of cheating on. Was that you? If not I'm sorry!) XD

I am pretty sure you are talking about Relaxing End.

https://www.youtube.com/user/TheRelaxingEnd

I don't have the gear to record anything. :P

Yes, that's him! Sorry, my bad!

I'd buy it too, but I'd love to see different things within the game.

Like Buried with WW2 weapons, or a map with only wonderweapons in the box, but no perks, or the box having every gun from all the games in it (excluding ww).

Maybe some customization options for unranked games, but to maintain fairness, a general, preset options would only count for the leaderboard/Trophies/Achievements.

I agree with the fairness side of things, for sure.

But with next gen consoles the leaderboards could be incredible.

No power challenges, wall weapons, etc

They could all start as a new game, but as you do things it cuts you out of each leaderboard.

For example, once you turn on the power it discounts the no power leaderboard etc

I'm not sure what everybodys view of the leaderboards are atm? I can't see the point in a 2,3,4 player separate leaderboard. I'd sooner see solo, co-op and challenges.

(Stops sipping drink) Mm… 

Now… 

What they could do is create a game for the Xbox game market and PS4 game market called zombie chronicles: 

While the actual app would be free, one would have to pay for map addition and it would work like this: 

Nact-Veruct-Shi no numa-Der reise :: WAW bundle: 5$ 

WAW bonus maps: WAW Bonus: 2$ 

Kino, DOA, Five, and Assnesion: BO bundle part 1: 5$ 

COTD, Shangri la, Moon and bonus: BO bundle part 2: 5$ 

Tranzit maps (includes grief, turned, survival and bonus maps) and nuketown : Green run bundle: 4$ 

Die rise/Buried and another copy of normal tranzit and Die rise/Buried bonus maps: BO2 main bundle 6$

MOTD/Origins and their bonus maps: 5$

What I mean by bonus maps is new game modes that weren't a part of the games before: 

Ie: Turned in nact, more greif in green run, survival in the house on buried. 

Super simple stuff that we just didn't see and would motivate us to buy these maps in addition to the other maps. 

However, this would cause a few bad sides as well: 

-THis would take work force away from COD 2015, something we want to give them PLENTY of time for! 

-This would mean buying all our favorite maps again… (This is the 3rd time for WAW maps, and 2nd for the black ops maps) GIVEN: We would see more gameplay and ability to do things, however, it is recycled and a bit cheep. 

-----

Also: We would finally have a zombies-only achievement variety, something this site can measure easy. No more having to complete the Campaign on veteran to get that CODZ medal. 

Edited by Stop mocking me0
  • Tech Admin

It would be a waste of time, and effort - time and effort better spent on getting the next release right.

However, it would be stupid not too. Give it to another studio who would be willing to work with Treyarch/Activision on updating the maps and updating the mechanics if need be and possibly introduce a few things here and there.

It would need to be a zombie DLC on live (Arcade) - a full release would be to costly & wouldn't get the return they would expect, I also think they would be seen as even bigger money grabbing ******s than they are (Activsion).

It would be a waste of time, and effort - time and effort better spent on getting the next release right.

However, it would be stupid not too. Give it to another studio who would be willing to work with Treyarch/Activision on updating the maps and updating the mechanics if need be and possibly introduce a few things here and there.

It would need to be a zombie DLC on live (Arcade) - a full release would be to costly & wouldn't get the return they would expect, I also think they would be seen as even bigger money grabbing ******s than they are (Activsion).

Exactly what I just said :D

Honestly this thread turned into a buzz kill  :wacko:

I mean I don't think it would take a lot of effort, as the maps are already created! I mean, they could publish them in a "PC Max Settings" type of enhancement, with little touch up and some uniformity in overall structure. Plus, they have like three years to work on COD (assuming they started on the next game right after BO2 with smaller teams working on DLC maps and/or patches and maintenance).

I just feel like this would be something to make money with little effort AND fill the gap until November 2015..

Edited by yazter

I think it's absolutely necessary for treyarch to release all previous maps remastered.

Lets face it. Ps3 and xbox360 doesn't have much time left. Within a year how many people will have traded their consoles in for a next gen version? That means that zombies maps prior to the first next gen map will become unplayable and lost. Next gen consoles should last arou 6 years so releasin it on next gen will give zombies 6 new years of life and playability.