ZombieOfTheDead

Unpopular Opinions Thread

Tranzit is a great map

Donor

I've only ever seen one episode of game of thrones and I dont know if I wanna keep watching it lol. 

Also Zbs is my current favorite map to play. Which seems to not be many other people's belief because it always has the lowest percent of players. 

Donor

Shadows of Evil is a fun map.

Ha! Just kidding.

Donor

No Man's Sky is doomed to fail, and looks boring as hell (don't know if I mentioned that one already or not, too lazy to look through).

Donor
11 minutes ago, ZombieOfTheDead said:

No Man's Sky is doomed to fail, and looks boring as hell (don't know if I mentioned that one already or not, too lazy to look through).

Do you mind elaborating on why you think it'll fail?

Donor
46 minutes ago, Spider3000 said:

Do you mind elaborating on why you think it'll fail?

Sure. For the record, not talking from a sales standpoint. It'll probably make back it's budget tenfold.

It's just everything I'm hearing about it-- the procedurally generated worlds, unlikelihood of meeting other players, and  the lack of any focus at all (no quests or stories to drive you forward) --raises a huge red flag. There's games out there that have done the procedural stuff and the no quests thing well before, like minecraft, but they have key elements that this game doesn't have: creativity, limitless possibilities. It's like lego. I doubt you'll find something like that in NMS, it'll probably be more like Fallout 4's building system if they even have one, and that system was very clunky IMO.

There's also a problem with procedurally generated worlds... since they have to make the assets, you're going to be seeing a LOT of the same things around. Since there's also no quests, there's not going to be very much to do there either. And since you won't run into other players very easily, good luck finding random things to do on those worlds. That kind of stuff isn't nearly as fun alone.

Probably seemed like I was rambling a bit there, but that's the gist of my thought process. 

@ZombieOfTheDead Pretty much what I was thinking when I saw the trailer last year. It's sad, but true.

Donor

@ZombieOfTheDead  Yeah, I can understand that way of thinking, and I see people around Reddit and other places who also have this opinion on the game. Apparently there will be objectives (reaching the centre of be Galaxy, upgrading your ship and armour etc.) but those are very loose objectives.

I think there was some stuff said as well about completing quests for various NPC's, but I may be wrong there. There's talks of a lore in there too, but for whatever reason it's being kept under wraps.

Regardless, I am excited for the game (but I'd be lying if I said the constant delays didn't do anything to diminish my excitement). With a team of around 10 people, you have to be asking how/if they can pull it off.

On ‎3‎-‎7‎-‎2016 at 0:21 PM, Koslans said:

Exo-zombies was even better.

Tranzit>other Treyarch zombiemaps>extinction>exo zombies.

On ‎3‎-‎7‎-‎2016 at 2:53 PM, Lauren said:

I've only ever seen one episode of game of thrones and I dont know if I wanna keep watching it lol. 

Also Zbs is my current favorite map to play. Which seems to not be many other people's belief because it always has the lowest percent of players. 

Yeah, game of thrones. Some friends try to talk me into that serie, and I already watched 4 episodes, but nah, I don't like it. And zetsubou no shima is my personal favorite map in BO3 yet.

I'm looking forward to Infinite Warfare Zombies.

^ lol. 

Reading back the older pages in this thread.

It seems like people posted actual opinions, instead of making jokes...... 

Whoooops! 

5 hours ago, Koslans said:

^ lol. 

Whoooops! 

No, a joke is always appreciated. However I agree there are some very serious topics discussed in this thread

Hrmm...

-I sort of liked some of Black Ops II's Zombies maps (excluding Origins and MOTD).

-I'm actually rather hopeful for Infinite Warfare, and might pre-order.

-I don't like Zetsubou no Shima.

-I like Shadows of Evil.

-I liked Exo Zombies and most of Advanced Warfare.

-I kinda liked the Supply Drop system of Advanced Warfare.

-In terms of Destiny, I hate most Titans in PvP.

-In terms of Star Wars, I didn't think the prequels were as bad as people made them out to be.

-Nightmare Voyager was a good forum member.

Whoops... how'd that joke get in there on the last one...

Edited by The Meh

Heres my unpopular opinions and yes none of them are jokes :smile:

• I loved Shadows of Evil and it's my second favorite map from Black ops 3 and probably in my top 5 out of all the maps
  • People need to stop giving Infinite Warfare hate because it doesn't look bad at all and it's annoying that so many players wanted a change in Call of Duty yet they complain when they get one
  • I thought X-men Apocalypse was an amazing movie and I liked it more than Days of Future past
  • Days of Future past is the worst out of the new X-men movies and the best is First Class
  • X-men Last Stand wasn't even a bad movie and I actually really enjoyed it
  • X-men movies are better than Disney Marvel movies (still great movies though)
  • Revenge of the sith is my favorite Star Wars movie of all time
  • I think the prequel trio are better than the others
  • Padmé is my favorite character from Star Wars
  • I think the new Ghostbusters movie looks amazing and I can't wait to watch it
  • Uncharted 2 is not the best Uncharted game it's the second worst. Uncharted 3 is better and Uncharted 4 is the best Uncharted game they made
  • I like Sam Drake more than Nathan Drake. I also really like Rafe
  • Nathan Drake doesn't deserve Elena Fisher
  • I hate Undertale

40 minutes ago, Your Dearest Sailor said:

• I hate Undertale

TAKE IT BACK! TACK IT BACK YOU PHILISTINE!

Just kidding. I haven't even played the game. My unpopular opinion about it is I don't like games done in this style.

Donor
2 hours ago, shirtlesservice said:

Just kidding. I haven't even played the game. My unpopular opinion about it is I don't like games done in this style.

Same. It's actually pretty decent, I've played a bit of it. Has a good sense of humor. But I'm not really a fan of those types of games, and the hype for it never really made sense to me.

Also, it's fanbase is cancer. Reminds me of homestuck's for whatever reason.

2 hours ago, shirtlesservice said:

TAKE IT BACK! TACK IT BACK YOU PHILISTINE!

I get this reaction from people all the time when I say I don't like the game, recently someone random person on a game started shouting at me for not liking it, they said I only hated it because it was popular and it doesn't make me cool to hate popular things. Oh

and on the game we were playing they killed me because of it just so I couldn't do anything in the match we were playing anymore.

1 minute ago, ZombieOfTheDead said:

Also, it's fanbase is cancer. Reminds me of homestuck's for whatever reason.

Agreed. The fans are so rude, they're just a bunch of crybabies to be honest.

When it comes to zombies:

- Zetsubou is a fantastic map, I don't care what anyone says. The only annoying thing to me is the KT-4 upgrade process.

- Black Ops III has potential to be better than Black Ops in terms of zombies.

- TranZit isn't even that bad. Die Rise is far worse, and the only map I consider to be "bad"

- I like the direction that the story is going

- Mob of the Dead is overrated. Still love it, but I think it doesn't stand up to the greats. The only great map in Black Ops II IMO is Origins.

On July 5, 2016 at 3:13 AM, Koslans said:

^ lol. 

Whoooops! 

I was never under the impression that this thread was created for jokes. Pretty sure the couple opinions I've posted here I am absolutely serious about. 

-I like shotguns in MP

-I dislike snipers in both MP and zombies

-Like said many times earlier, I like TranZit

-I dislike Mob of the Dead

-BO2 zombies was awesome

-Communism itself is something good, its just that there always 1 person is who abuses the system and becomes dictator.

-Capitalism sucks

-I don't like candy

-I dislike gobblegums in BO3

-I dislike customable wall weapons in BO3

-Members of groups, organizations or religions aren't all the same. Even members of facist, racist or terrorist groups aren't all the same evil.

-Helping refugees is something good. (I know most of you think the same, but in modern times it seems that refugees are more and more opposed.)

-Being vegetarian doesn't mean anything, the animals we eat are breeded for being eated. If you don't eat flesh, they would never be born. Eating biological flesh for example would have better results. However, I do have respect for vegetarians that they are able to carry on with not eating flesh. I could never do that.

-House+Hardstyle > other music

-I dislike CoDZ reddit

Oh and I like Zetsubou No Shima, my favourite map in BO3

2 hours ago, anonymous said:

-Like said many times earlier, I like TranZit

-I dislike Mob of the Dead

Don't ever stop saying you love TranZit, everyone has to keep spreading love for that map!! Keep letting everyone know that you like it. Also I love Mob of the dead so much (way too much) that it hurt to read this :smiley:

50 minutes ago, Your Dearest Sailor said:

Don't ever stop saying you love TranZit, everyone has to keep spreading love for that map!! Keep letting everyone know that you like it. Also I love Mob of the dead so much (way too much) that it hurt to read this :smiley:

But...but how can you like TranZit AND Mob? They are so different ?

Donor
23 minutes ago, anonymous said:

But...but how can you like TranZit AND Mob? They are so different ?

What, you can't like two unlike things? Welp, guess I better stop loving Kingdom Hearts since it's so different from zombies.