Quick rant on Buried + Black Ops 2 Zombie ranking.

Dahniska

Delta, you stated your opinion fine and I am not bothered. I also am stating my own and am not pointing fingers at anyone in particular.

Keyser, I never singled you out. I realize this may be a touchy subject for you but please understand that I am not pointing at you. I did not know your ranking before I made this thread.

Let me tell you about my own experience with the ranking system. I had Black Ops 2 at launch and after my initial rejection of Green Run's low quality survival maps I grew to love TranZit. I used to play it every night with friends or randoms online. In retrospect I was not all that good - I was usually the last one alive and clutched many rounds and knew to not use the bus and run a good train. I got a knife rank before I even cared about the system or ranks.

Then Die Rise came out. By then I was getting more serious about rankings. I already had about 200,000 or so kills and at least 1500 Downs. I decided I was going to try for shotties and found only a few days after the map was out that it was really easy to camp with the Sliquifier. I played a lot of Solo games and broke 80 camping at least 4 times and ranked up. For a while I thought it was pretty awesome and went back to hit Round 74 on TranZit. That convinced me that I really was good enough to deserve the ranking.

Mob came out. It hurt my stats but I wanted to get a 100 so I kept trying until I did. Buried I barely played. Origins I fell in love with and spent more time on than any map. I have over 1 million kills on my XBL stats now and from Origins my KD went up to about a 400 from a 350. But I had realized already that true skill is, like Chopper said, not dependent on your ranking.

I have yet to meet a player who has hit 100 rounds legit on BO2 who hasn't had shotties (assuming they played on XBL). However I have encountered many people with shotties who have never hit 50 legit or even at all. What does that tell you? I also have a bunch of friends not from here who are smart but never got as far as I have but have Max rank.

I stopped playing XBL Solo cause of disconnects and because I no longer care about my in-game stats. I don't think I could even lose my rank if I wanted to now. I look at the leaderboards and see people all around me who have hacked the game or glitched it out and so all I do now is just upload my stuff to YT so people can see I play fair. I don't need a rank to prove skill. It looks nice but all it says is "this guy has experience and isn't totally retarded". My other stats say more about me.

But then I play Buried and am reminded of why I never spent time on it before. I am sorry but the map is far too easy. And that is why, when I see people who are whining about Black Ops 2 rank and then I see Buried, it seems to me like they are blind. I ranked up in Die Rise before there was a bank. It's only gotten easier.

Edited by Dahniska
  • Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never want to see anyone complain about their ranking in Black Ops 2 zombies ever again.

I have spent the last 10 rounds browsing this forum, texting and talking with my girlfriend WHILE killing zombies the whole time. Tap tap, tap tap. I have barely had to look at my screen while sitting in front of Jug with the Paralyzer. I have been so distracted, so unfocused and yet I am accumulating many easy kills.

This is off the charts easy and if you have tried this and have not ranked up, you are doing it wrong. You can have all your stuff upgraded on Round 1 with the bank. If you choose not to rank up this way, your fault, not Treyarch's. They made this easy enough for a 6-year old to do it.

I never want to see people complaining about their rank again. If you are stupid it is your own fault. Ever since Buried was released there has been no excuse other than personal choice for not ranking up.

Dahniska out.

idk, my last 3 rounds have all been 35+ on buried with one of 44 at least i think, and still no shotguns.  i get the point of your post for sure, but i got my skull+knife before buried came out and have done at least 3 50+ rounds on buried and a dozen 30+ and no rank up.  I think I just have too many downs from the first couple weeks the game was out tryign to get the persistent quick revive for my friends

I rank up pretty fast honestly. Yeah maybe the ranking system needs some tweaks or whatever but nothings perfect, right? Although i think we should have kind of an official guide on how to rank up from Treyarch, at least giving the necessary requirements on how to rank up because ive heard pretty much all rumors having to do with ranking and no facts