Quick rant on Buried + Black Ops 2 Zombie ranking.

Dahniska

I never want to see anyone complain about their ranking in Black Ops 2 zombies ever again.

I have spent the last 10 rounds browsing this forum, texting and talking with my girlfriend WHILE killing zombies the whole time. Tap tap, tap tap. I have barely had to look at my screen while sitting in front of Jug with the Paralyzer. I have been so distracted, so unfocused and yet I am accumulating many easy kills.

This is off the charts easy and if you have tried this and have not ranked up, you are doing it wrong. You can have all your stuff upgraded on Round 1 with the bank. If you choose not to rank up this way, your fault, not Treyarch's. They made this easy enough for a 6-year old to do it.

I never want to see people complaining about their rank again. If you are stupid it is your own fault. Ever since Buried was released there has been no excuse other than personal choice for not ranking up.

Dahniska out.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly I was one of these people. It only took 3 games to take it up a rank. So yeah I wasted like 12 hours time to rank up, and really had to do it a cheap way.

My complaint about rank has been this. Everytime Im in a lobby with a shotgun rank I have to listen to them explain to another person how they got it. Its always pretty much it was awarded to them because they are good. I then press select and see I have more headshot than they have kills and they have went down 5 times to my none and its round 20.

Plus if your saying its dumb to complain about rank when all you have to do is play a very boring and very long strat achieve a rank up, thats more dumb than complaining about the rank system iMO.

Gotta remember that even the best people get unlucky/have bad games. The highest rank is awarded because of consistent improvement. 1 game where you die on Round 1 followed by a game where you die on Round 60 is better than two games dying on Round 20.

My point isn't that the strategy is long or boring. It's that literally anyone can do it. Withdraw points from bank, hit box till you get what you want, upgrade and buy perks and that is all there is to do. You don't have to survive Origins double-swiping Zombies till you earn enough for Jug, you don't have to survive a Panzer or Brutus every few rounds or do any training. You don't have to make good decisions regularly to get further. You can just sit there and don't even have to worry about ammo. It is very simple and easy.

My point is that Treyarch gave us players this - the most easy legit strategy imaginable. - that we can use to rank up. And yet people still complain. Now, if you want a faster and riskier strategy, there are many. But the point still stands that if rank is your concern, Treyarch has provided you a super easy way to rank up - you can even time bomb for extra kills without having to do more damage per kill. There is no excuse except laziness for someone not being able to rank up.

Edited by Dahniska

I never want to see anyone complain about their ranking in Black Ops 2 zombies ever again.

I have spent the last 10 rounds browsing this forum, texting and talking with my girlfriend WHILE killing zombies the whole time. Tap tap, tap tap. I have barely had to look at my screen while sitting in front of Jug with the Paralyzer. I have been so distracted, so unfocused and yet I am accumulating many easy kills.

This is off the charts easy and if you have tried this and have not ranked up, you are doing it wrong. You can have all your stuff upgraded on Round 1 with the bank. If you choose not to rank up this way, your fault, not Treyarch's. They made this easy enough for a 6-year old to do it.

I never want to see people complaining about their rank again. If you are stupid it is your own fault. Ever since Buried was released there has been no excuse other than personal choice for not ranking up.

Dahniska out.

But that's just it, it ISN'T hard, anyone could accumulate thousands of kills if they no-lifed it for a bit. 

Including six year olds who waltz in and start screaming about how they need the paralyzer. 

Black ops 2 ranking system is just as flawed as ever… 

But that's just it, it ISN'T hard, anyone could accumulate thousands of kills if they no-lifed it for a bit. 

Including six year olds who waltz in and start screaming about how they need the paralyzer. 

Black ops 2 ranking system is just as flawed as ever…

I'm sorry, but I fail to see how having a ranking system that rewards players who put time into it would be flawed because of that very thing.

Think about it.

Because it's too easy, most maps don't have super easy ways to get all perks, camp, failsafe time bombs, and most of all, the vulture's aid-paralyzer combo. It's not even any effort, as opposed to skilled training, trap manipulation, and actually killing zombies with guns. 

Round 30 becomes just as easy as round 100 which is just as easy as round 1. 

Anyone can do it, skill or no skill. So those without skill end up with shotguns and those who have skill but either choose to not do it or don't have the map get stuck with a lesser rank because tranzit, nuketown, and all the other maps don't have such an easy way to get to round 100. 

You're being paid 100$ an hour for 30$ an hour work. Does this mean you have the makings of a millionaire? No, it means your taking the easy way. 

No truly skilled man takes the EASY way 

Edited by Stop mocking me0

Because it's too easy, most maps don't have super easy ways to get all perks, camp, failsafe time bombs, and most of all, the vulture's aid-paralyzer combo. It's not even any effort, as opposed to skilled training, trap manipulation, and actually killing zombies with guns. 

Round 30 becomes just as easy as round 100 which is just as easy as round 1. 

Anyone can do it, skill or no skill. So those without skill end up with shotguns and those who have skill but either choose to not do it or don't have the map get stuck with a lesser rank because tranzit, nuketown, and all the other maps don't have such an easy way to get to round 100. 

You're being paid 100$ an hour for 30$ an hour work. Does this mean you have the makings of a millionaire? No, it means your taking the easy way. 

No truly skilled man takes the EASY way

First off, I think any smart man would take the path that is most rewarding with least effort. I don't know if you have ever had to pay bills but I have and trust me the more money you make, however you do it, the better life is with less stress. So the smart man would take $100 per hour over $30.

Now onto the subject I'm going to assume you have never broken Round 50. If you had gotten to Round 60 you would have seen that the Paralyzer kills more and more slowly. I am on Round 84 right now and the Paralyzer cannot kill a zombie without having to recharge fully twice. So your idea about it being the same on Round 100 as Round 1 is wrong.

The strategy has a limit to how long it is viable for. It's just very easy. And if you don't have Buried it is your choice and you are missing out on having the Mark 2 on your other maps as well. I'm sure that all of us have it if we like Zombies, even if the map is garbage.

I also would like to point out that you take for granted that my definition of "skill" is the same as yours. I don't think it is.

A smart man, maybe,  but an honorable man? 

The point still rests that the strategy is too easy, it's not an accurate scale of balance towards a player's game. That's what a rank system should be: a test of skill. Which, I'm not sure what YOU define as skill, however, I define it as the ability to maintain ability in killing zombies as you can in any map: The old fashioned way with guns that can run out of amo, with no rest periods between "reload time", with the ability to balance running circles or camp strategically as seen fit. 

And no, I haven't run through buried because I get bored after round 40.

A smart man, maybe,  but an honorable man? 

The point still rests that the strategy is too easy, it's not an accurate scale of balance towards a player's game. That's what a rank system should be: a test of skill. Which, I'm not sure what YOU define as skill, however, I define it as the ability to maintain ability in killing zombies as you can in any map: The old fashioned way with guns that can run out of amo, with no rest periods between "reload time", with the ability to balance running circles or camp strategically as seen fit. 

And no, I haven't run through buried because I get bored after round 40.

As long as you adhere to general ethics and morals there is no more or less "honorable" way to earn your living bro.

In zombies as long as you play fair and don't glitch same rule applies.

I used to be like you and think that everyone who didn't limit themselves like I did was just taking shortcuts and the easy way out until I realized that there is an optimal way to play any competitive game and those who do not play to win get left behind. We can complain about a weapon being overpowered, a strategy being too easy, a character being far better than its competition but in the end those who win are the ones who accept the game as it is and take full advantage of their options. We can still complain and hope that the game will be fixed but if it isn't that is how it is. Therefore I move on with this understanding and that is why I have improved and will remain a top competitor in any game I care about.

Zombies is about survival. That is all.

Alright, let's look over this system for a second.

Five ranks. Bone, two bones, skull, knife, shotguns.

Bones are considered to be new to the game, and shotguns are alleged "Gods".

Skulls are regular players. Knives are people who got lucky.

As you said, you can get shotguns by consistently destroying on Buried.

Unfortunately, most of us don't have the time to do that. I for one, would rather be working on my NML record, or maybe trying a Wunderfizz challenge.

Let's see the rewards. Shotguns get a nice emblem, and people constantly pestering them. Anyone under shotguns is considered inferior and should bow down to shotguns, or so I hear all the time.

I am literally on the border between knife and skull. I have lost my knife and regained it 4 times this week, all because I was trying challenges.

This game punishes people who try anything other than vanilla buy everything get set up and sit in a corner til 30 then run trains.

Lemme use MMX as an example. He's got like 4000 revives. But that isn't even counted into his rank.

Then I have half that and have a higher rank.

Anyway, I also happen to find that 90% of shotguns are pretentious assholes who glitch out of Borough Grief, down themselves in front of PaP, and just generally say "Fuck you" to anyone who doesn't agree with them.

You may not be like that, but it gives most of them a superiority complex.

Bottom line, this system is shit, rewards you for one thing, ignores 75% of the stats, and has made most people hate shotgun players.

Being a shotgun doesn't make you any better than me, nor does it make you any worse than me.

I'm sorry I don't have the time to get your rank and be on your level, but don't come in here and tell us we can't complain about a system that was obviously left unfinished.

Edited by Delta

I still will maintain my view that Treyarch has listened to their fans and given easy ways to rank up. There may be glitchers and douches but we know the basics of ranking up and it's easy enough.

Just like having a 2 K/D in multiplayer. You will not get that by playing risky and doing stupid things. I consider shotties similarly. Not Treyarch's fault if you don't care to put in work for it.

I know people have discussed this many times but having just completed 100 rounds on Buried I feel like I have every right to say that it takes the easy level to 11 out of 10 and it works for ranking up. The thing that keeps people from having the rank they want is their own choice. Buried makes it all too obvious.

There will always be a flaw in any system. People will find a way to complain about anything. But if you want to rank up, if you care about it, then right here is a solution.

To me true skill at Zombies is measured primarily by how far you can make it - consistency. This is why I play Local for Solo now.

There aren't many players who can get shotguns without boosting in some way or another.

Relaxing did it twice, and livestreamed all of it in his road to shotgun series.  Playing with both randoms and friends, he played every game straight up and got there.

Most people are not going to be able to do it like this though.  They will take too many early downs, or have too many games that end at round 10 for various reasons.

The above hits on what Dahniska said - consistency.  Rightly or wrongly, well implemented or not, the system is designed to treat consistency as the thing that overall decides your rank.

Now it's easy to boost a system like that in many ways.  Town starting on round 20, pistols, Jugg, 200 kills and end.

Buried as explained above.

The ranking system in BO2 just isn't a true representation of how good people actually are.

Not when it's too easy to boost the rank.  I'm not saying it's right or wrong, frankly I have never cared about the ranks.

Maybe it's because I never play random games, or hardly ever, and so don't face the problem of people leaving before we start due to whatever crappy icon I have.

Or maybe it's because I'm confident in my own abilities, and don't need to wear an icon like a prosthetic cock replacement.

I've always thought that about anyone who goes on about their shotguns, they are trying to make up for something lacking.

Any system that allows me to do multiple 80+ on Die Rise solo culminating in 100, multiple 80+ on Origins with 97 as eventual highest, plus 80+ coop on Buried and Die Rise but doesn't give me the highest rank just isn't a true representation of what really counts.

Any future ranking system needs to be able to take into account that many people play lots of funky games, be that challenges or messing around and it shouldn't count against your ranking.

It should differentiate between my 20 downs before round 30 when I haven't left the spawn, against what I described above. 

I dont get you angle here. Seems like your either trolling or you the one person that thinks the rank system is logical. So this is what I have to say.

Mr. Madison, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

• Administrators

qznc7c.png

Can't we all just get along? But seriously there is a certain stigma that comes along with the rank, which makes it almost less desirable. Although the ego and bad attitude are not truly synonymous with just shotguns. The internet is filled with jerks who will say and do anything they want because they know there will be no real consequences. That is just the sad state of the world and it is something to keep in mind during debates like this.

Delta, I would have to say the majority of your downs (from my experience playing with you) come during the glorious moment directly before you lag out. I'm sure you would have maxed out if this were not the issue. As for your point on MMX I have a question. Didn't he play almost primarily Grief for the longest time? It's my understanding that VS stats did not attribute to "rank". Unfortunately as Chopper touched on the ranking system only recognizes one type of play style and hopefully it will be remedied in the next game.

I just dont get the logic of bashing people that complain about ranking up. First off, play a random lobby and talk to people. High precentage of the people never see a 30, so why is a high round score so important to rank up.Most people Im playing with were going down like crazy, but rank wise since they either use a buried or origins strat to get to high rounds, or they glitched are shotguns. All the current ranking system has did is encourage people to cheat, which is a major problem in random lobbies with someone always setting in a glitch. My major complant on ranking is simple. I had a game of 38 with 3000k kills and over 2000 k headshot and one down on tranzit. Did I rank up, nope. After 2 long games of buried did I, yeah but its not like I high fived anyone after it. It felt cheap and like I was working a job, not playing a game.

Just sayin

And Im the one thats called out? Sorry saying something that blunt deserves whatever comes their way. Im sure his feeling wont be hurt nor were they.

Edited by K3ys3r S0z3
  • Administrators

Grief does and doesn't affect your score. BinSys did a little note on that not too long ago I think.

You won't rank up until you complete a survival type match, but grief stats still contribute towards whatever factors are calculated.

I don't think downs are calculated in from grief. I know folks who have 5-6k downs in grief alone from doing that ever so annoying PaP/Box exploit that prevents you from getting your weapon. They have still made rank without the huge amount of kills that it would take to equal it out.

I remember BSZ going into Turned to test out whether that affected rank, and he took some 100+ downs over the course of several games and did not derank from Shotguns after reobtaining them just recently.

The thread was one I made about whether Grief or Turned deranked you or not, and I am sure he also said that Grief did not affect rank. There was also the tweet from Jimmy about these game-modes not affecting rank.

This would all make sense too if Jimmys recent tweet about the rank being alive is true. It also explains why some people were obtaining shotguns when far from the required K/D that many (including myself) suspected as being the secret to the system.

I dunno, it seems to show in Binsys' test case that Grief affects rank pretty well, as he had shown with his example account which played nothing but grief, then after one survival match jumped from single bone to shotguns.

It's just Grief does NOT update your rank, but it clearly affects it.

Doing just one survival match will not rank you up from single bone to shotguns, so clearly the grief matches have some effect.