What if? Cycle Origins Afterthought

Speedo Cola

I have no idea if this has been posted, but I have to post it while it's still on my mind lol. It's also really far-fetched and crazy, but perhaps I can expand on it soon. 

Anyways, what if Origins, was just that? The Origins. That is how it truly began. 
What if the events from Origins caused what happens in Der Riese to take place? 

I know we look at Origins as the chronological end to the Black Ops 2 section of the story, but what if it isn't? What if this is why Richtofen becomes a part at Der Riese? Perhaps this is a cycle, and he remembers his friends in Origins, and he wants them to be real? However, by doing this, he encounters 115, which slows his growth, and makes him go crazy? 

Heck, maybe they all got exposed to 115 after the cutscene of Origins, which slowed growth, and since Richtofen was in his pre-teen years, puberty did cause him to grow a little more than the others, and that's why other than him they all remain at the previously-seen ages in Der Riese? Perhaps when the conflict arose between Richtofen and Maxis, and since they had known each other for so long, maybe that's why they hate each other so much?

I know this is probably crazy, lol, and this is a lot of questions, but what if Buried IS the end? I mean, you did have to do 3 other EE's to be able to endgame, (Like Moon, you had to do 3 of them to be able to do it) and it was an endgame lol.  I mean, it is always something to consider. Perhaps that's why the characters needed 115. Not to be a super soldier as it happened the first cycle, but now he needed 115 to re-animate figments of his imagination. I'm just a bit curious lol. 

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One big problem with Origins being the end, as in it happens after Buried, is that it would mean we are ignoring one of the endings of Buried. Maxis is going to enter Agartha and let the Earth be destroyed and Richtofen is some how going to save the Earth but use it as his own play thing. So if Origins is the end, then its seems most likely Maxis' ending. So why make us choose two sides and then pick one ending? There are theories for that like Richtofen's ending, or Maxis', resets the cycle and so on, but its still an empty vague story line then for that side. 

So the setting and point of Origins seems like it should be the start of the story. But out of all the theories for where Origins fits, thats the hardest one for me to understand. How do you take the original 4, set them in WWI, have them fight zombies of German, American, and maybe Russian and Japanese soldiers, and templar zombies, along with Giant robots and armored suits Group 935 made. Then have none of that emerge in the old story line. Group 935 seemed like an independent team of scientists in the old radios. One that Maxis joined with the germans later on to make funds for their work. And even if that can be explained, then how does Group 935 go from this power house of technology in 1918, like building the staffs, armored suits, perks, and Giant Robots, and then 20+ years later, struggling to build weapons like the ray gun and WW and just beginning to look at zombies from the teleporters, as if they don't recall them before. 

Then there are the obvious weird things like Maxis is dead, Sam is talking to them even though she doesn't exist yet, the Old 4 somehow needing their memories wiped after this, and then the ending with Sam and Eddie as two kids the same age in a room thats set at least after WWII because of the helicopter poster and other small details. One can make a theory for all these things, so its not that its impossible. It being the beginning is just the hardest ending to explain I think. The fact that Sam and Eddie are all of a sudden American is the one big twist that makes me think its all in two kids head's, because there is little other reasoning for the sudden change. But I still refuse to except that kind of ending where nothing mattered.  

i think hes partially right. the reason being is that richtofan is already hearing voices (of the damned -doomed- and their cries) he tells himself that he needs to stay calm and focused. he also says later on that he is starting to enjoy (the slaughter) of zombies of course. the loss of maxis and him having to do this on his own with (limited help) from the others as they are unsure of either of their intentions (richtofan and sam maybe even maxis). all these factors are contributing to his decent into madness. also, if richtofan knows who samantha is already it can lead one to believe that he might have also tranferred his soul to another body in order to be there for the ORIGINS as the other characters are about 20-30 years of age and richtofan looks like hes maybe 20 with that little scruff of a moustachio. these are all just my opinion, you are all free to correct me as you see fit :)