Disappointment.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

Disappointment didn't come in until I actually played through all of Origins for the next few days. The most common complaints I hear about Origins (aside the story and Side Quest) are:

- Giants being a nuisance

- Tank glitches

- Mud everywhere

- Process of setting up generators

When I first played, my only concern was having the Ballista as one of the first wall weapons. Who thought a Ballista would ever be a good weapon in Zombies?

Initially, no disappointment except wanting 'free jug' to help me get this map 'down'.

After too many games:

Way too many nukes show up in this map. Way too many.

Constant staff glitches.

Stopping on nothing. Why am i running in place? Looks around, no reason. Runs through area that was stopping me seconds ago. Especially in the footprint between g5 and the path to g6. This is also one of the most common spots for charged staves to fail (shot fires, zombies walk through it unscathed).

Occasional 'black outs' as if the tank or robot stepped on me, only the tank isn't running and no robots nearby.

Charged staves frequently don't fire if you hold the charge for several seconds. Sometimes continue to make the charging noise. Very common, often game-ending.

As is typical of Treyarch, poor quality programming is the biggest issue in the game.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Tech Admin

I hear you 83457 - although is it programming being poor or the engine failing the programming?

Initially I had no disappointments with the map, now, it's the players (randoms) - the errors are acceptable but it is a buggy map, real buggy. Makes you think, this is why the sale of goods act exists in the UK. Sold an unfinished product and the updates to correct haven't corrected.

Grounds for a claim against Activision for the failings in the game to be honest.

The disappointment for me was massive.

I'd really wanted either a zombies only DLC or another Rezurection but with multiplayer maps too.

My hopes got even higher with the teaser trailer of all of the previous maps with the word "Origins" right at the end.

Only to have my hopes dashed with the release of the full apocalypse DLC trailer.

Origins was a good map, but I was hoping for something spectacular.

• Tech Admin

Look on the bright side, the community feedback was implemented into BOII, we want big, want this, we want that. They tried and they failed in honesty, the easter eggs on all the maps are poor, with the exception (dare I say it) Buried and Origins. Buried brought rewards back for doing the easter egg, all 7 perks & mule kick x 4 and perma fire sale.

Origins, well, that gave us the cut scene - although I may be in the minority, I enjoy doing the easter egg, really enjoy it. For the first 20 rounds, you have a purpose - work as a team working towards a goal.

Next time, yes feedback will be used from the community, however, with the power of the PS4 and One - we should be in for a treat, they will have more time to develop and more time to fix bugs.

I'm with HW on enjoying the Easter egg. It felt like I was doing things in game with some purpose.

Some Easter eggs are random things like following an orb.

Origins had us doing what we normally do, but for a reason.

I don't know, i enjoyed it.

Getting set up on Origins IS the Easter egg.

To be honest the rewards are actually really good and worth the effort in my opinion. The only real flaw of Origins is the glitches/bugs. Otherwise it's a fun and special Zombies experience up there with Mob of the Dead as the best Black Ops 2 Zombies map. I mean, look at the other maps and you will see what I mean.

Origins is amazing and I love it. It felt very new and fresh like Mob did and even now I still enjoy playing it.

To be honest the rewards are actually really good and worth the effort in my opinion. The only real flaw of Origins is the glitches/bugs. Otherwise it's a fun and special Zombies experience up there with Mob of the Dead as the best Black Ops 2 Zombies map. I mean, look at the other maps and you will see what I mean.

Origins is amazing and I love it. It felt very new and fresh like Mob did and even now I still enjoy playing it.

I agree with this to an extent.

I am a storyline enthusiast, and I absolutely HATED this map initially, and even still to some extent. Sure the map is a lot of fun, and the design and balance to it is great for high round runs, but it is too little to late for me.

When I put the BO2 disc in, the only map worth playing is Origins. This should not have been the case. Origins should have been the way BO2 started. Not from a storyline POV, but from the map and features POV.

I find most other maps tragically poor when compared to Origins. Going from Moon to Tranzit was terrible. Die Rise is also a garbage map IMO, and the series only started getting better from MotD onwards. Unfortunately Buried is so full of features and no balance that it became a joke map that looked great but was boring as hell to play and was OP when it came to the features available.

Origins is good, but is it good enough for a finale to the series? Not even remotely.

I agree with this to an extent.

I am a storyline enthusiast, and I absolutely HATED this map initially, and even still to some extent. Sure the map is a lot of fun, and the design and balance to it is great for high round runs, but it is too little to late for me.

When I put the BO2 disc in, the only map worth playing is Origins. This should not have been the case. Origins should have been the way BO2 started. Not from a storyline POV, but from the map and features POV.

I find most other maps tragically poor when compared to Origins. Going from Moon to Tranzit was terrible. Die Rise is also a garbage map IMO, and the series only started getting better from MotD onwards. Unfortunately Buried is so full of features and no balance that it became a joke map that looked great but was boring as hell to play and was OP when it came to the features available.

Origins is good, but is it good enough for a finale to the series? Not even remotely.

I think Mob of the Dead was pretty good. Die Rise is ok too and was more fun before the Sliquifier was ruined. If you like Solo Mob is really fun imo.

I think Mob of the Dead was pretty good. Die Rise is ok too and was more fun before the Sliquifier was ruined. If you like Solo Mob is really fun imo.

Mob of the Dead is a great map. Best co-op map on BO2 easily, but solo is unfortunately not quite as fun. It is great setting up and starting it out, but once you get to round 60, rounds start taking around 15 minutes a round (been a while since I played so could be wrong on that one), and it just got really boring.

I have went back into it a few times looking for ways to speed up the rounds, keeping the shower room door shut and the gate leading to the wardens office corridor, but there is not really any other fast strategy other than training the cafeteria.

Die Rise is decent enough on solo, but I absolutely hate it on co-op. I get what they tried to do with it, but it was really badly flawed. You should never have an area of the map that makes a player unable to assist a downed team-mate (ie: the Buddha room). There should have been some way to get back up there quicker than having to go across to the other building and wait on an elevator. It tried to force people into camping or sticking together and I just did not like that.

Buried is a map not even worth mentioning to be honest. Awful design, poor features and no balance. Possibly the worst zombie map of all time. Could have at least been fun if they balanced it out more and made the features (much) less OP.

I enjoy Origins from a game play point of view, and feel it would have been better suited as an opening map, or somewhere in the middle.