Quick high rounds?

K3ys3r S0z3

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Place the subsurface Resonator on the table above the Giant's cage, turbine in courthouse. leave courthouse door closed and use paralyzer to get into it so you are safe from z's while getting turbine mid-round. have a trample steam and headchopper trap set up in the back of jug alley in case you get pushed back, use monkeys instead of time bombs so you can escape when pushed back. Use the PaP'd AN-94 until round 30 or so and hit headshots to make low rounds fast. Always have a mark II upgraded past 35. use grenades on insta kill. hmmmm... that's all I got

Right here is the current world record (to the best of my knowledge) and it was done using the fastest known strategy in Buried. Basically what BrayJay said, but no headchopper or trample steam.

If you use this strategy effectively, the rounds are faster than any other way known at this time. Try it out. You gotta be attentive to your buildables though!

Ive been doing the camp on the bank strat. So far thats worked easy bc my test runs were 43 (could have went further, dont want to talk about it) and a 38 last night just messing around. The 38 took me 2 hours and the 43 was about 3. Now the 43 I actuallly started in the jug alley with a resonator but for some reason it didn't work for me like the vids showed. Now before I do a high round I need to know. Would camping the bank roof be considered a glitch? I dont think it is since its not really a barrier, just a good spot. Thanks for your guys help. I will update this if I make my goal.

Thanks for the video. Much faster than my method, but I'd quit out anyway, long before then.

Someone with more patience than me can get the world record.

What was your strat? Yea Im in the same boat as you. I wish the score I needed to beat is 50, but its 73. I have no reason to try for that record. lol I'd be on like 100 and my kid wouold shut my shit off to watch cartoons. If I wasted 20+ hours playing a game only to have it shut off, I might beat someone, or kick the dog. lol

My strategy:
(Get all this on round 1 for ease)
-Lock Box
-Use giant to open jugg, church, house

-Get Paralyzer, mark 2, and time bomb (easy with teddy box)

-Buy Juggernog, Speed Cola, Vulture aid (this is required i dont care if you like it or not) and one other of your choice.

-Go through the house, do time bomb trick to get 2 perk bottles
-pap all your guns
-Return to jugg street, have giant build head chopper above

-buy claymores

Set up the head chopper beggining on round 15 or so, before that it is not practical. set up a minefield of claymores towards the back of the jugg hallway and camp there. Use the petrifier until you overheat, then jump in one of the inevitable stink clouds to recharge, rinse and repeat. Use mark 2 when you are in trouble. I used this strategy to get to round 70 in about 2 and a half hours. Its a little slower than some others but its very low danger and you never go down unless you are being stupid. 

Thanks for the video. Much faster than my method, but I'd quit out anyway, long before then.

Someone with more patience than me can get the world record.

What was your strat? Yea Im in the same boat as you. I wish the score I needed to beat is 50, but its 73. I have no reason to try for that record. lol I'd be on like 100 and my kid wouold shut my shit off to watch cartoons. If I wasted 20+ hours playing a game only to have it shut off, I might beat someone, or kick the dog. lolMy way? It's s.l.o.w.

Leave bank roof closed, the candy store upstairs closed, the downstairs candy door right there closed (the one near the saloon can be open).

Trample steam in the window in the dead-end hall in the saloon (so no zombies cut me off if I need to circle the map).

Headchopper upstairs courthouse on the railing in case the courthouse upstairs gets too crowded and zombies start to come across the upstairs balcony.

I stand at the bottom of the courthouse steps. Use guns to forties, then petrifier. Tb on wall if i go down (qr revive) and then look like I'm gonna go down again (trigger tb).

Shoot horde, stand in green mist to reload/group up zombies. Headshot away. Later use petrifier.

If overwhelmed, i go up, fall out by box, head to saloon (zombies backing up past candy store, so), head up into saloon (hence trample steam to keep stairs clear), go out, jump to candy store, fall off, reset in courthouse.

Round 63 was like 20-30 minutes. Quit on 64 because friends came by and were watching this boring stuff for about half an hour.

Edit: Headchopper and trample steam last forever, so they were in the start area and church. Resonator in courthouse, turbine in saloon so they could be easily grabbed. Used with able to set them up.

Yeah thats a way better thought out verison if what I did. Genius to use the head chopper to avoid cut offs. I cant wait to atempt my not very meaningful atempt at high rounds on this map. My controller must have a death wish because Im going to tackle mastering origins and doing the solo EE next. There will be broken plastic

Yeah thats a way better thought out verison if what I did. Genius to use the head chopper to avoid cut offs. I cant wait to atempt my not very meaningful atempt at high rounds on this map. My controller must have a death wish because Im going to tackle mastering origins and doing the solo EE next. There will be broken plastic

Headchopper: on the bannister just past the wall buy gun spot, so you can walk past unhurt. Dying to your own hc is embarrassing. Edit: i actually fight 10 feet in front of the steps, as soon as you get on the steps, zombs start to come across the upstairs area, otherwise they almost always drop down by the buildable, only crossing the top when they get crowded like 50+. That's when you'll occasionally hear some chop-chop coming from above.

The true genius part in my eyes was figuring out the ts in saloon.

Thanks, and good luck.

That rain fire step always gets me. But I've got some good advice here, i just haven't tried to implement it yet.

I try and get a shotgun (preferably the executioner) as soon as possible or the Galvaknuckles. Just kill the zombies as quickly as possible. Do not train or do anything that would waste time. I Take out the first 20 rounds in as little as 30 minutes sometimes with that strategy! You just need to stay in the first box location area and run around with your shotgun bustin' zombies until you feel theres just no more room for you to work with and that you've made substantial progress and then start training or whatever strategy you use after round 20. 

Headchopper: on the bannister just past the wall buy gun spot, so you can walk past unhurt. Dying to your own hc is embarrassing. Edit: i actually fight 10 feet in front of the steps, as soon as you get on the steps, zombs start to come across the upstairs area, otherwise they almost always drop down by the buildable, only crossing the top when they get crowded like 50+. That's when you'll occasionally hear some chop-chop coming from above.

Yeah thats what happened in my 43 game. For what ever reason I never got the mazed and confused achievement. My friends told me they camped with their backs to a door with the trample, and resnator and paralizer and it was easy. Stupid me sets it all up and was flying over the door to start the round and hit the chopper and hit the ground and died. Lol

If I wasted 20+ hours playing a game only to have it shut off, I might beat someone, or kick the dog. lol

You can get to 100 on Buried in roughly 5-6 hours doing the 'Resonator & Turbine' strategy at Jugg. Maybe longer, but not by much. It only took me 3+ hours to get to 74 doing it.

I am excluding setup from that time though... just from when I start it at Jugg after getting my perks, box smashing and PaPing.

If I wasted 20+ hours playing a game only to have it shut off, I might beat someone, or kick the dog. lol

You can get to 100 on Buried in roughly 5-6 hours doing the 'Resonator & Turbine' strategy at Jugg. Maybe longer, but not by much. It only took me 3+ hours to get to 74 doing it.

I am excluding setup from that time though... just from when I start it at Jugg after getting my perks, box smashing and PaPing.

Was more talking about a WR run. That video about the guys said his 162 took 40 hours playing time. Yeah I got to 43 in 2 hours and 38 in a hour and a half. Again thats not counting set up but I have set up down to like 10-15 mins and both games got lucky and got the guns I needed in less that 10 pulls.

I don't know why he said it took him 40 hours!? I have seen someone get to 121 in 10 hours, so can't see it taking 30 hours to get through another 41 rounds on top of that. Unless he was including breaks, work and sleep. lol.

I find it quite believable. 

KingJaq Offsuit said on his 200+ on Der Reise that it took over 80 hours. The rounds take quite a long time, even though camping is relatively fast. Once you pass 100 the rounds just get longer and longer. I'm sure that Zombie Project was also smashing the box at the end of each round to get another Time Bomb, which would make it take a few extra minutes.

I don't know why he said it took him 40 hours!? I have seen someone get to 121 in 10 hours, so can't see it taking 30 hours to get through another 41 rounds on top of that. Unless he was including breaks, work and sleep. lol.

I find it quite believable. 

KingJaq Offsuit said on his 200+ on Der Reise that it took over 80 hours. The rounds take quite a long time, even though camping is relatively fast. Once you pass 100 the rounds just get longer and longer. I'm sure that Zombie Project was also smashing the box at the end of each round to get another Time Bomb, which would make it take a few extra minutes.

Not only do the rounds goet longer, they get exponentially longer right? well i mean there are exponentially more zombies per round, so it would make sense to me that the time per round would also increases exponentially

but yeah, just camping jug with a tramplesteam yesterday, i did a 44 rounder in about 2 hours, and that IS including set up time.  im not sure if i feel up to ever doing a 100, but as far as time goes, this would probably be the only one i'd even attempt it on

• Administrators

Bottom of the courthouse has always been my best chokehold point. In the event that shit hits the fan, at least I have room to circle around a few times. And if anything goes absolutely nuts that may end my game for good, I enjoy using the Paralyzer to hover me to safety (or just open the front door). 

Like others have said, Subsurface Resonator + Turbine in the Abandoned Room/Courthouse is a perfect combination. The Trample Steam helps to a certain degree if you're holding out in a spot like the Jugg alley. If you absolutely need it, then build it in the Saloon. 

For maximum results with the SubRes, place in between the seats (which is the usual spot). You could also place it facing the stairs but not entirely against it, which leaves you to control the one back room.