Perk importance (in order)

So me and some of the guys were talking about this on xbox yesterday, I think Delta and Mocking. Well we were saying what perks would you list from most important to least important 1 being most important and12 being least, so here's my list and tell me yours

1)Juggernog (solo : Quick Revive)

2)Flopper

3)Speed Cola

4)Double Tap 2

5)Electric Cherry

6)Quick Revive

7)Mule Kick

8)Stamin-Up

9)Vulture Aid

10)Who's Who

11)Tombstone

12)Dead Shot (+ for the song though)

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see why so many people put speed cola so high. Most people say "what if I get cornered while reloading? speed could save my life!" If you're running a train well, you won't be getting hit or getting cornered while reloading. The only time I can see it being vital to survival is on MotD where it can be used with Electric Cherry to make you untouchable. Apart from that, it's not that beneficial (in my personal experience.)

It really HEAVILY depends on the map, not only because of which perks are actually obtainable there, but also because of the environment ofthe map and the weapons available.

For instance, I regularly don't use staminup in BO1, but in Origins, it comes after Jug for priority in my games, simply because it makes the mud much more managable.

In order to answer this properly I'd need to write out my perk order for every map, including the perks that aren't actually there.

Alright, I'm gonna do this from the perspective of Die Rise, the Origins, because like MegaAfroMan said, it completely varies from map to map.

Die Rise:

1. Juggernog

2. Quick Revive (Same for solo and co-op)

3. Double Tap II

4. Speed Cola

5. Who's Who (not to say I don't like it)

6. Mule Kick

and Origins:

1. Juggernog

2. Stamin up

3. Quick Revive

4. Mule Kick

5. Speed Cola

6. Deadshot

7. pHD Flopper

8. Double Tap II

9. Electric Cherry (Absolutely HATE this perk, I actually like Tombstone and Who's Who)

It really HEAVILY depends on the map, not only because of which perks are actually obtainable there, but also because of the environment ofthe map and the weapons available.

For instance, I regularly don't use staminup in BO1, but in Origins, it comes after Jug for priority in my games, simply because it makes the mud much more managable.

In order to answer this properly I'd need to write out my perk order for every map, including the perks that aren't actually there.

And flopper in origins is useless compared to MOTD or even shangri la. 

Black Ops 2 Solo:

-Jug
-Quick Revive
-Stamin-Up (except Buried)
-Who's Who
-Speed Cola/Double Tap 2 (depends on whether map has high/infinite kill power wonder weapon or not)
-Speed Cola/Double Tap 2
-Electric Cherry (except on Origins, never use it on Solo Origins ever)
-PHD Flopper
-Vulture's Aid
-Mule Kick (used only on Origins)
-Deadshot Daquiri

Black Ops 2 Co-op:
-Jug
-Double Tap 2
-Stamin-Up
-Who's Who
-Tombstone (TranZit only)
-Speed Cola
-Electric Cherry
-PHD Flopper
-Mule Kick
-Quick Revive
-Vulture Aid
-Deadshot Daquiri

Black Ops Solo:
-Jug
-Quick Revive
-Flopper
-Stamin-Up
-Mule Kick
-Speed Cola
-Deadshot Daquiri
-Double Tap

Black Ops Co-op:
-Jug
-Flopper
-Stamin-Up
-Mule Kick
-Speed Cola
-Quick Revive
-Deadshot Daquiri
-Double Tap

My list is going to be really short, as there's only three perks which I can't live without:

1. Jug

2. Double Tap 2

3.Quick Revive

On Co-Op Quick revive isn't quite as important as solo.

The rest of the perks I don't have an order for, apart from Whos Who, which if left up to me I'd patch out of the game because of being totally useless.

For example, 2 days ago I got to round 53 on solo and suicided. I had one down, and fortunately didn't have who's who.

I have since tried three times to beat that score, r46 the first time, r17 then r23. Both of the two lower rounds I got killed by who's who spawning me in a really crap location.

It'd be the best perk if it let you keep Quick Revive and Jug for 30 seconds, but no, you get sweet fa.

Rant over.

This^

I would ALWAYS put Jug at the top. QR should never be your priority on solo, seeing as a down before Jug is just a waste to be honest, but it is really map dependent.

I am the same as Mega... Stamina is my second perk on Origins every time. Electric Cherry is high up for me on MotD, but I do not touch it on solo Origins. I like buying Dead Shot on CotD but never touch it on MotD.

PHD is high up on Ascension, CotD, Shang and Moon, but I usually don't bother with it on Origins, so on this basis, my list is this...

Juggernog

The end!

I'm in the 'depends on the map/cod' group.

Thoughts:

Camp strategies need Speed Cola way more than running trains strategy.

Electric cherry tops out at a low enough round that i don't bother with it usually.

Dt1: bought when you had to buy it, never before that.

Dt2: always buy with exceptions (like running staves on Origins).

Deadshot D, Tombstone, Electric Cherry are not high priority.

Jugger is #1 for me, even solo.

Love PHD, but would love to see more flop use. Mainly it was used for m+s. I wish this would come back for real, even if the price was bumped up to reflect it's value.

Stamin up, I occasionally use it in Origins, but even there, it is rare. I find more value in other perks.

Vulture aid is amazing even with regular guns. Just step into the green, reload, let them all congregate somewhere, then headshot away as they come back in force.

Qr gets bought in solo for me (don't care about shotguns/knives icon, i play for my personal fun).

Qr is good in mp zombies, but i usually only get it if it comes for free from something. I won't buy this as my standard 4. BK upgraded, charged staff, monkey bomb, can all alleviate the situation without buying qr.

It's totally off topic, but I'd love to see PhD come back too, but I'd love to see a PhD2 instead. What does the new one do? It increases explosive damage.

Grenades break my heart.

At the beginning of a game, I want the points, so don't use them. By round 5 they pretty much just make crawlers. By round 20 it feels like you need hundreds of them to kill a zombie. Tbf, it's only on instakill that I would really use them (other than to make a crawler).

So with PhD2, it increases your grenade damage 500%, which would give each grenade damage of 1250 (slightly over one ray gun bullet), and maybe a 100% damage increase on every other explosive weapon (except the ray gun mark 2).

It'd have to have a price hike too, maybe 6000 or something like that.

Now this depends very much on what you're going for in a game, especially if you want everyone to run a differing role in gameplay.

For me, the only really important perks were Speed-Cola, Quick Revive, and Juggernog. Instead of giving just a simple "Here's my order", I'm going to go more into detail on my opinions, and since I'm more of a classic guy myself, I'm going with the original four perks.

Quick-Revive: Setting aside the fact that this should be immediately bought in solo, for obvious reasons; Quick revive is a very handy perk to have when playing with your friends, especially in high round situations. When you have several hundred zombies on your tail and your buddy gets cluster-f**ked, you really don't want to have to sit there for what seems like hours trying to pick him back up. Quick revive makes it relatively easy for you to be able to help a fallen friend if the need should arise. Now I would still suggest holding it off until you've gotten Juggernog and Speed-Cola, but on high rounds, quick revive should be a cautionary must.

Double-Tap: Opinions on this perk vary depending on who you ask, but my opinion: Just avoid it if possible. Honestly to me it just seems very counter-productive. All it does is increase your bullet output to make just about every weapon in your hand a Minigun. In short, unless you've got a robotically programmed trigger finger, you're going to be wasting a LOT of ammunition; It's going to end up costing WAY more than it's worth when it comes to the purchase of munitions. [Footnote]: The new fixed version of double tap increases both your weapons damage output and rate of fire, giving you a give or take option. If you want the extra power, and can deal with the cost of more frequently buying ammunition, then go for it, but preferably after you've acquired juggernog and Speed-Cola.

Speed-Cola: Unless you're younger than ten, you won't pass by the obvious benefits of this perk, cause in that situation where you're surrounded, and you need to reload without wasting extra time, this perk makes the difference. A speedy reload is an effective reload, why do you think our real life soldiers practice reloading so much? In my opinion though, if you must, this can wait till after Juggernaut. I would suggest though, saving up so you can get both at the same time.

Juggernog: One word, BUY. If you don't think Juggernog is useful, no offense, you're ignorant in some way or another. A lot of people will argue that the two hit kill sucks, some will say it's fair, but every zombies player knows that if you can increase your health in game with ANYTHING, do it (unless you're a Japanese prodigy who can somehow by the grace of God survive without it). Juggernog was Activision's way of appeasing the health haters. It will make the overall difference of whether or not you'll achieve high rounds or not. As far as importance, Juggernog should be your top priority, cause when you accidentally get cornered and need those few extra survivable hits to escape, you'll be thanking God you had the Jugg on your side.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Just going  perks on the maps I actually like playing and in co-op

Juggernog: because what's the point of having perks if you lose them in two hits?

Electric cherry: because it's fun and the 'electric cherry downsplosion' as I call it can be devastating.

Double tap 1/2: I love semiautomatic guns and this just makes them even better!

Vulture-aid: Zombies ignore you and some extra ammo/points!

PhD flopper: Whaats the point in explosives if they hurt you?

Mule kick: because 2 guns just ain't enough.

Who's who!: Surprised? Me too, this has been surprisingly use full when I screw up in the 20+ rounds

Deadshot: very useful on Origins for getting that pap'd assault rifle ASAP

Speed cola: sure it helps but it's not exactly needed unless you have an LMG or WE

Tombstone: It can help when it's used, problem is its not used.

Quick revive: I don't need this often. My revived are risky but they work.

Stalin-up: I'll take it but I don't need it

If I've forgotten any probably cause I don't use them.